Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mdsniper7
Thank you,

Do you know if they happen to allow you to change to Business class?
Most fares are changeable with a fee, but you'd also have to pay the fare difference too. So, depending on what your original fare is, could be anywhere from $100-10,000+. There's no harm in calling to ask.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:26 pm

Just another point of data:

At online check in:

IAH-CDG - Offered upgrade from Premium Economy to Business for $248 (took it)

CDG-IAH - No offer for me, my friend was offered PE to B for $390
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Very interesting indeed.

To add another data point, but on medium-haul (at OLCI) :
CDG-MAD : 89€ from Y (MiNi fare) to C. Took it
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Just another point of data:

At online check in:

what fare bucket were you in (W/S/A)?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Flying Delta codeshare CDG-DXB and was offer 409EUR upgrade from coach to business. Wasn't worth it to me as it was a daytime flight and I wasnt worried about a good sleep.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:31 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Ugh, was checking in for my flight DLA-CDG, had an upgrade offer. Was in the middle of putting in credit card info and browser crashed.. now that option isn't showing anymore.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Ugh, was checking in for my flight DLA-CDG, had an upgrade offer. Was in the middle of putting in credit card info and browser crashed.. now that option isn't showing anymore.
What was the offer?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hauteboy
try again several times. Sometimes the offer may come up again (it happened to me before). And if not, ask at check-in counter at the airport.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:30 am
Suspended

Everytime I fly CDG - BEY I have the offer 2 days before departure
- from coach to PE 299
- from coach to Business 499

always the same price, even when upgrade with miles is not available and not depending on my ticket fare
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta PM Elite Plus, Aegean
Air France Paid Transcontinental Upgrade

I flew on Delta medal (currently Platinum Elite Plus until January 31), "V class" but all of my flights back from Athens to Paris to Boston where on AF. When I checked in on their website the day before it asked if I wanted to upgrade to Business for $601. I did, and it was great.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
On check-in, me and my other-half were offered an upgrade from O class to La Premiere for 1500 Euros each on IAD-CDG (A380). We passed.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by yolandearagon
I flew on Delta medal (currently Platinum Elite Plus until January 31), "V class" but all of my flights back from Athens to Paris to Boston where on AF. When I checked in on their website the day before it asked if I wanted to upgrade to Business for $601. I did, and it was great.
was this $601 all the way from ATH-CDG-BOS, or just for the CDG-BOS flight? i assume the whole route as that price is pretty high relative to other reports.

does anyone have any experience with upgrade offers on LAX-PPT?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:35 pm
HAF

Upgrade even when ticket was not bought from AF

Flying from SFO to CDG in a few days ...I bought an A fare ticket through my travel agent ... Plenty of business class availability left.... Did not want to wait until OL CI so called AF today however the AF agent said she does not have access to the ticket to upgrade it and I should call the travel agent who sold me the ticket.... Was she right? Or do I just have to wait until the check in opens for the offer to be presented?

-HAF
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by HAF
Flying from SFO to CDG in a few days ...I bought an A fare ticket through my travel agent ... Plenty of business class availability left.... Did not want to wait until OL CI so called AF today however the AF agent said she does not have access to the ticket to upgrade it and I should call the travel agent who sold me the ticket.... Was she right? Or do I just have to wait until the check in opens for the offer to be presented?

-HAF
If you want to change the ticket for a higher class, you need to go through your TA and that will be expensive.

Offers to upgrade shortly before departure is something different. You need to receive the offer to take advantage of it. Or you can ask at the airport if it is available.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Offered and accepted upgrade at checkin online, EZE-CDG, EUR 420, (cheapest) W->J. I thought it was worth it for such a long flight, despite the old cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.