Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
When do people usually get these offers? during OLCI?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
When do people usually get these offers? during OLCI?
OLCI, manage my booking, airport check-In... there are many ways of being offered to upgrade..
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i bought an upgrade last week MSP-CDG for $392 USD (A->O). more than i wanted to pay, but not horrible. i bought it about 48 hours in advance on the AF booking page.

i didn't check on my return flight if i was even eligible or offered an upgrade, as for daytime flights it's not as big an issue. Y+ on the A380 is pretty awful though, i will not likely be doing that again.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

i didn't check on my return flight if i was even eligible or offered an upgrade, as for daytime flights it's not as big an issue. Y+ on the A380 is pretty awful though, i will not likely be doing that again.
Awesome, looking forward to Y+ on my SFO-CDG leg
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Y+ on the A380 is pretty awful though, i will not likely be doing that again.
Almost everything about the A380 is pretty awful, especially when deplaning at an airport that has only the single-level jetways... For day flights, especially when returning home, I'd choose row 10 in Y on the main deck over the Y+ seats buried up top.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lamprey
Almost everything about the A380 is pretty awful,
I strongly disagree with this statement. And when it comes to W, the A380 has the best seats in W of the whole AF fleet IMO : row 81.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
And when it comes to W, the A380 has the best seats in W of the whole AF fleet IMO : row 81.
I've flown W on the A380 a few times and find it very comfortable (but I'm the rare person that doesn't find the W seat to be awful). The only thing I hate about the A380 is the eternal wait at baggage claim - even with priority tags, it always takes a long time for my luggage to finally turn up.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I've flown W on the A380 a few times and find it very comfortable (but I'm the rare person that doesn't find the W seat to be awful). The only thing I hate about the A380 is the eternal wait at baggage claim - even with priority tags, it always takes a long time for my luggage to finally turn up.
It's clear that the concept of priority bags for big jumbos with heavy premium configuration is loosing sense. In the case of the AF A380, with 9P, 80J and 38W, we are already at 127 pax with priority tags. Add to this let's say 30 pax in Y with a status and we are at 157 pax. Some of them have 2 bags...so yes, pretty hard time for the concept of priority delivery of bags
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I agree - we really enjoyed W on an A380. But I too enjoy the W seats (my husband and I have no problem sleeping in them) and I just loved being upstairs ^ It was a leisure trip and I think that flight we even finished the trip at CDG so we weren't worried about timing of luggage or anything.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: M&M
Three weeks ago, JNB-CDG, on a packed A380 I was offered an upgrade from discounted Y to Y+ for 309€. I didn't take as I already bought one of the duo seats on the upper deck. Boy is AF Y seat uncomfortable? New KLM Y on the way over (CPT) was much much better.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:03 pm

Tomorrow I am flying ARN-CDG-DTW-LAX on AF/DL. Currently there is a offer on the AF flight (ARN-CDG) from Y to J. If I decide to upgrade, will I be able to check in 2x 32kg bags all the way to LAX without being charged anything extra as that is the allowance on the first leg?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

ICN-CDG, W-class (A fare) to J : 389€. Wanted to take it but....offer not anymore available when I did it

UPDATE : was finally able to have it at check-in for the same price :-)

Last edited by Goldorak; Aug 21, 2015 at 11:45 am Reason: Add update
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:07 pm

help

Hey guys and gals,

I have a few questions if you guys don't mind. My fiance and I will be heading to Italy from IAD this October for a honeymoon and we originally purchased tickets for premium economy for air France. Is there a good chance for us to get the upgrade option for cash? Also do we both need to be FB members? I am trying to figure out what our chances are for this option.

Thank you
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by mdsniper7
I have a few questions if you guys don't mind. My fiance and I will be heading to Italy from IAD this October for a honeymoon and we originally purchased tickets for premium economy for air France. Is there a good chance for us to get the upgrade option for cash? Also do we both need to be FB members? I am trying to figure out what our chances are for this option.
Hello mdsniper7 and welcome to FT!
Unfortunately, we cannot predict which flights are targeted. You have chances but do not count on it.
Also, you do not require to be FB members. But I would advise to open a FF account if you do not have one yet, either FB or another SkyTeam FFP.

Enjoy Italy
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by olivedel
Hello mdsniper7 and welcome to FT!
Unfortunately, we cannot predict which flights are targeted. You have chances but do not count on it.
Also, you do not require to be FB members. But I would advise to open a FF account if you do not have one yet, either FB or another SkyTeam FFP.

Enjoy Italy

Thank you,

Do you know if they happen to allow you to change to Business class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.