Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
Received Email offer for 358Euro CDG to DXB (W-J) Took it.

Miles posting as 0 Miles -- shows Booking class J0 .... Flight was on 9th and just looked now at APP. Will this correct it self or need to proactively start chasing?
As Goldorak said, you need to retroclaim! last time i got booking class J0 was for my award ticket in J!!

Last edited by newflyer27; Jul 12, 2016 at 1:34 am
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
SDQ-CDG
Flight not full (J3W9Y9)
Y-W = 412 Euros
Y-J = 690 Euros
W-J = 379 Euros
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post26908018

Report in the Delta forum of upgrades for cash being announced in the MSP SkyClub (no pricing details) Thought that was interesting (and good news for some of us) considering previous reports about who could or could not process upgrades....
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post26908018

Report in the Delta forum of upgrades for cash being announced in the MSP SkyClub (no pricing details) Thought that was interesting (and good news for some of us) considering previous reports about who could or could not process upgrades....
I was in MSP SC last WE (arriving on the AF flight and connecting to DL) and indeed saw the AF sign (displayed in the picture in the other thread linked in the DL forum) which was on the counter.
And yesterday in ATL gate F01 used by AF, there was a huge sign saying the same thing.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Ooh - I will definitely ask the GA (not skyclub ;-) at ATL....
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: MP Silver / DM /SkyMiles
I've been occasionally checking my IAD-CDG-BOM flights on 10 August just to see if there is anything exciting in terms of upgrades (currently in Economy, interested in either W or J, returning in J already).

Anyway, sometime in the last couple of days I get a notice about upgrading with Flying Blue miles (previously not available, or at least, the link wasn't). Nothing about cash upgrades, though, and I only have DL SkyMiles (and surely not enough to get an upgrade). Is this a standard thing? I thought you had to "search" for the Flying Blue points upgrade, rather than see it directly when you check your reservation.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold
$145 for CDG-NUE offered during OLCI. Tough to resist...
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: AFKL Platinum/Club 2000, UA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
79 euros for CDG-PRG -- declined and ended up being opup'd at the gate (full flight and many double seat assignments)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:26 pm

48 hours out, got a couple of "Exceptional Upgrade Offers" for both legs of my IAD-CDG-BOM legs.

IAD-CDG, Y-PE: 389 USD
IAD-CDG, Y-J: 591 USD
CDG-BOM, Y-PE: 389 USD
CDG-BOM, Y-J: 734 USD

Unfortunately, the price difference when I booked the flights (for BOTH legs) was about 625 (Y vs. PE) and 850 (Y vs. J), so if I passed then, I would obviously pass now.

Even more strange, the J fare is currently so low, I could actually "modify my reservation" and, even with the change fee, "only" pay 1155 USD to get in J, which is less than 591 + 734 = 1325 USD on offer.

I don't suppose the offer might be lower at OLCI? I guess I can ask at check-in as well. Sounds like my wife and I will have to wait till the return legs to experience J, which is of course fine, considering we'll be on Indian trains, planes, and rickshaws in the interim two weeks...
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by mikepowie
I don't suppose the offer might be lower at OLCI? I guess I can ask at check-in as well. Sounds like my wife and I will have to wait till the return legs to experience J, which is of course fine, considering we'll be on Indian trains, planes, and rickshaws in the interim two weeks...
It never hurts to ask, though of course by that time it is possible that other pax will take those upgrade offers.
BTW, how did you book the tickets? using AF website and choosing economy one way and business the other way?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
It never hurts to ask, though of course by that time it is possible that other pax will take those upgrade offers.
BTW, how did you book the tickets? using AF website and choosing economy one way and business the other way?
Thanks. Yes, price is still the same (OK, $2 cheaper, which I assume is only due to variations in the EUR/USD exchange rate). If the price drops for PE on the CDG-BOM leg, may bite, as it'll be after a redeye and we'll be presumably exhausted, but not at $400/person.

Yes, I bought them on AF website. When I bought them, IAD-CDG-BOM legs were something like $400/$1000/$1250 for Y/W/J. BOM-CDG-IAD legs were something like $750/$1000/$1250 for Y/W/J, making the decision to return in J kind of a no-brainer.

I should point out that if one were to buy our tickets this instant for tomorrow's flight and return a day after our return (the day of our return is expensive), you could do J the entire way for under $2200, which is kind of crazy. Revenue management...

Last edited by mikepowie; Aug 9, 2016 at 8:01 am
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:13 pm

Update: At OLCI, the fares for the IAD-CDG were the same as above (at least within 10%), but the CDG-BOM were per person:

190 USD Y to PE
450 USD Y to J

I opted for PE. All PE seats were shown as available. Obviously, it paid for me to wait (though I wasn't going to pay 390 USD for PE if it didn't drop).

Looks like Y on IAD-CDG is far from full, so we may get a row of 3 to ourselves...

May still ask at check in if they have upgrades available for the IAD-CDG.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:47 pm

I have to admit I haven't read the entire thread, but only a good portion of it. I was curious though.

I'm flying in late October booked through AF. My outbound is on AF metal, but inbound is on DL metal with AF flight number. Would there be a possibility of an upgrade offer?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:12 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DaPauley
I have to admit I haven't read the entire thread, but only a good portion of it. I was curious though.

I'm flying in late October booked through AF. My outbound is on AF metal, but inbound is on DL metal with AF flight number. Would there be a possibility of an upgrade offer?
Only on the AF metal, and most likely only during OLCI or at the airport.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:17 am

On a recent trip in Y from JFK to CDG, I saw upgrades to PE for USD 350 and J for USD 700, in each direction. I did not take them on the way to Paris but coming back, in the lounge, I asked and was offered USD 180 to PE and USD 450 to J. I chose PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.