FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades for Cash on AF??
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:41 am
SDQBound

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TDG_123
Hello, frequent flyers! Never used upgrade options so excuse my (maybe) evident questions. We booked 2 tickets to Punta Cana (SVO-CDG-PUJ) in economy V. As this is our honeymoon trip of course I'd like to spend 8h flight from CDG in a more comfort seat
Several questions:
1) Having read this forum, I realised that V is the lowest class. It is eleigible for upgrade, isn't it? Will I receive the letter from AF?
2) Once my friend was upgraded to Business for 100$ on 8h flight (Lufthansa) after she had called airline 2 times before departure telling that she was on honeymoon and asking about all possibilities. I feel uncomfortable with such strategy , but is there any sence?
Thank you
If you booked with AF and an upgrade is available for your flight, you should see the upgrade option button either a few days before your flight or offered during check-in. The upgrade on the CDG-PUJ flight will cost you around 600 Euros from Economy to Premium Economy, and somewhere in the 900 Economy to Business.