Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 12, 2020, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
You must call in for stopovers, multi-city, or complicated routings, until the new booking system launches in 2021.

I hope others will significantly improve this wiki!

There are four zones: North America (inc Central), South America, Atlantic (including India and Western Russia), Pacific (inc Eastern Russia) and the chart is based which one you start from and which one you end up in, there's ten of these.

Cost is based on distance, which zone pair your flight is in, which class you are flying in.

Partner airlines (again) are a better deal because while Air Canada will calculate cost on a wide ranges but partner airlines are fixed to the bottom of the range.

YQ is eliminated. There's a 39 CAD fee for booking a ticket which contains a flight on a partner airline. Aside from this, there's no incentive any more to book a return flight it seems and every incentive not to.
Note: The partner booking fee is refundable, so it's basically a YQ, rather than a booking fee.

Most flights are devalued. However, the elimination of YQ sweetens this significantly. Within North America, a lot of flights became cheaper, YVR-HNL very significantly. YVR-TYO is much cheaper while YVR-AKL is a little cheaper.

A vastly more powerful booking system is promised for 2021.

There are a lot of new tricks to be learned. https://princeoftravel.com/blog/new-aeroplan-flight-rewards/ is a good start.

Information that is harder to find:
  • SE IKK redemption from the old program can be changed ("within reason") without repricing. Dates, routings, no problem. Origin/destination should be fine. But nothing that would have required a repricing under the old program. This is from Mark Nasr in https://www.facebook.com/pointsmiles...44878252851420
  • The "Activity" page only shows you the most recent ~48 transactions. See this post for information on how to get older data.
  • A partial refund may not be possible (e.g. if you book RT and outbound flight is cancelled by you or AC, to delete the first flight segment, you have to cancel the entire ticket and rebook the inbound at a potentially higher fare. It seems supervisor can grant exceptions.)
Print Wikipost

2020 Air Canada Aeroplan Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Every Business Class ticket, whether paid, reward, or upgraded has always included concierge service for day of travel.
Chauffeur Service is for connections only, and has always been rather randomly haphazard.
No, I-class was not eligible for concierge service, nor was the BMW transfer.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Has anyone been getting their Aeroplan estore points or points earned from filling out surveys?
I haven't used the eStore, but I did get some points from filling out a survey a few weeks ago. How far back are you thinking?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't want to be argumentative, but I class always included concierge service for day of travel, at airport only.
I see the current rules exclude I/R class, but that must be a recent change.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I-class always included concierge service for day of travel, at airport only.

I-class wasn't eligible for the Signature Suite either, so it's not an altogether unreasonable question.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I don't want to be argumentative, but I class always included concierge service for day of travel, at airport only.
I see the current rules exclude I/R class, but that must be a recent change.
I think that text on the website has been there for a couple of years, at least.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Mid-October for the surveys.

Airmmilesshops.ca has gotten a lot better; those used to take 4-6 weeks, but whether it's Black Friday or the Boxing Week offers, I am pleased that they post in 1-2 business days.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I haven't used the eStore, but I did get some points from filling out a survey a few weeks ago. How far back are you thinking?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Mid-October for the surveys.
Turns out the survey I was thinking of was in August. Or at least that's when the miles were dated - I'm pretty sure they credited quite recently though.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
Does business flexible book into I? I will be connecting so chauffeur service would be nice but not a deal breaker.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
Does business flexible book into I? I will be connecting so chauffeur service would be nice but not a deal breaker.
For AC-metal awards, the relationship between fare-letter-code and award type is no longer quite as strict as it was in the old system.

For example, partner mileage programs cannot book "every seat, every flight" AC operates, those programs only have access to whatever is made available as X or I space, same as before.

Aeroplan points, however, can book any AC flight, but your "Business Flexible" award might have any of several letter codes attached.

Make sense?

Last edited by YOWgary; Dec 24, 2020 at 11:57 am Reason: I accidentally a word
Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
Business flexible books into one of JCDZPI. So does Business lowest.

It seems like they want to make fare class irrelevant for everything, but they haven't updated the documentation.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:59 am

Business flexible books into one of JCDZPI. So does Business lowest.

It seems like they want to make fare class irrelevant for everything, but they haven't updated the documentation.
...I'm not holding my breath for that press release, since just about everyone in the world who cares whether their Business Flexible award is booked into D or C, is currently participating in this discussion.
Bohemian1 and Smiley90 like this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWgary
...I'm not holding my breath for that press release, since just about everyone in the world who cares whether their Business Flexible award is booked into D or C, is currently participating in this discussion.
I'm not looking for a press release, just for them to update the damn footnote on the SS page.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:30 pm

I'm not looking for a press release, just for them to update the damn footnote on the SS page.
Which should take them all of like 5 minutes.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
Thanks for the info. This is very helpful. I’ll wait to see if AC confirms what will be included with business flex before I book.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 6:17 pm

So the new programme is working exactly as I expected it to. Rather than using SKK to open up additional seats as SE we're now all in the same pool, meaning I can get a small number of 50% seats on flights which are already marked as unavailable because they are more than 25% full in J 11 months out. Sometimes it sucks to be right...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.