Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Are they? Or are you asking?
I doubt they are the same... and if they are, then I'd ask why not just keep on having the KK packages?
it was a rhetorical question. They are the same just different packaging.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
it was a rhetorical question. They are the same just different packaging.
Ha, I see.

But I wanted to collect all Air Canada CleanCare+ Krispy Kernel Canadian city wrappers!!! donkawonk!
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:16 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Are they? Or are you asking?
I doubt they are the same... and if they are, then I'd ask why not just keep on having the KK packages?
If you need confirmation, check the back of the bags. Both are produced by ALIMENTS KRISPY KERNELS in Quebec. So it looks like they're even coming from the same Krispy Kernels plant.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you need confirmation, check the back of the bags. Both are produced by ALIMENTS KRISPY KERNELS in Quebec. So it looks like they're even coming from the same Krispy Kernels plant.
Oh ha... never bothered to check... already threw them away.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Gobsmacked.

I ate some the CleanCare+ AC-branded-sodium pretzels last night, and I thought they tasted exactly the same as the Krispy Kernel CleanCare+ pretzels.
AC does not serve 'pretzels'. They are known as pretzels bretzels!
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by D582
Hah, funny, I joke with my wife that that's what they're called!
D582 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by D582
Hah, funny, I joke with my wife that that's what they're called!
I had to look that up. At first my reaction was something to do with Brexit.
D582 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:32 pm

I had to look that up. At first my reaction was something to do with Brexit.
You've never noticed that the packages of pretzels that AC serves say "PRETZELS BRETZELS" printed in a manner that it looks like it's all one expression?
D582 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You've never noticed that the packages of pretzels that AC serves say "PRETZELS BRETZELS" printed in a manner that it looks like it's all one expression?
Huh... nope. I'll take a closer look next time.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Quotes from the CBC article "Dozens of airline passengers in Canada hit with fines, warning letters for refusing to wear a mask" that mention AC:

"Air Canada spokesperson Peter Fitzpatrick said the airline has complied with reporting obligations and worked with Transport Canada during its investigations.

Air Canada was one of the first airlines to require face coverings and recently strengthened its policy to improve the safety of passengers and crew members, he said.

"For customers eligible for a face-covering exemption, as of Dec. 15, 2020, they will also need to present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours from departure, at the airport check-in and/or prior to boarding the flight," he wrote in an email.

"They may need another negative COVID-19 test for their return journey if the departure of their return trip exceeds 72 hours from the time the initial test was taken."

Full article:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/air...ovid-1.5850825
Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by 24left
"Air Canada spokesperson Peter Fitzpatrick said the airline has complied with reporting obligations and worked with Transport Canada during its investigations.

Air Canada was one of the first airlines to require face coverings and recently strengthened its policy to improve the safety of passengers and crew members, he said.

"For customers eligible for a face-covering exemption, as of Dec. 15, 2020, they will also need to present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours from departure, at the airport check-in and/or prior to boarding the flight," he wrote in an email.

"They may need another negative COVID-19 test for their return journey if the departure of their return trip exceeds 72 hours from the time the initial test was taken."
Nice of AC add this requirement, which seems sensible and reasonable.
yyztozag likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 23, 2020 at 10:32 am Reason: Corrected typo
Old Dec 23, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
I check this info too often, but according to AC, in J, "After boarding, a travel essentials bag will be distributed, containing a Customer Care Kit (with mask, hand sanitizer, water bottle, and a snack), want les essentiels amenity kit, and a noise cancelling headset for use during your flight."

Personally I think this is the biggest development on the kit recently - the earbuds are hardly useable and I actually don't find the headset all that bad.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyztozag
I check this info too often, but according to AC, in J, "After boarding, a travel essentials bag will be distributed, containing a Customer Care Kit (with mask, hand sanitizer, water bottle, and a snack), want les essentiels amenity kit, and a noise cancelling headset for use during your flight."

Personally I think this is the biggest development on the kit recently - the earbuds are hardly useable and I actually don't find the headset all that bad.
Is this for domestic flights? Afaik they had this for a while now on their international routes.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Is this for domestic flights? Afaik they had this for a while now on their international routes.
I hope it's for domestic! But something tells me that it's a pipe dream.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
The headset is for Signature Class, and if I understood it correctly, domestic flights count (i.e. YYZ-YVR on a widebody, but not YYZ-YUL or YYZ-YVR on a 321).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.