Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Which recent flight was this on?
YUL-YYZ
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by On Time Reports
YUL-YYZ
Interesting... I guess some of the items are back!
Old Mar 27, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Saw these included in the CleanCare Kits along with another one with the J meal on AC 144 from YYC-YYZ. Very nice improvement over the regular wipes.

Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I'm posting here as the article specifically mentions AC flights. I'm curious how AC CleanCare+ is working given this info.

This article is also relevant to posts from almost a year ago in this thread, for example this quote from a more detailed post from May 2020:

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
The care program won't do much to protect crews or passengers. It doesn't address the bigger issue which is the source of the infection: People.

......AC can spray all the chemicals it wants, people can wear their masks, but the key piece is to identify the people who have the virus in their bodies and to isolate them until they clear the infection.

QUOTE: (bolding mine)

"That was also when Canada started recording an increase in COVID-19 infected airline passengers from Delhi, with 13 landing in Toronto between Feb 4. and Feb 14.increasing to 21 between March 4 and March 20 and 23 flights between March 21 and April 1, according to two-week Health Canada data.

While India banned international flights last month, Canada is one of 13 nations exempted via an ‘air bridge’ arrangement between the two governments.

Toronto sees two regular daily flights from Delhi, via Air Canada and Air India.

Passenger manifests provided to the Sun show these flights are regularly booked to capacity — AC 43, a 63-row Boeing 777 that touched down in Toronto from Delhi early Thursday morning, flew with 364 passengers in its 400 available seats.....

.....In December, Canada temporarily banned passenger flights from the UK in response to the UK B.1.1.7 variant, followed by a suspension of flights servicing popular sun destinations on Jan. 29 and mandatory COVID-19 testing and hotel quarantines for arriving international passengers.

These measures have done little to stem the tide of passengers bringing COVID-19 into the country, averaging about 100 infected flights every two weeks."

Full article

https://nationalpost.com/news/local-...6-0aa6acdcdba8
Old May 5, 2021, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Biscoffs were not in any of the recent AC CleanCare bags. They've been replaced by 2 Loris brand wipes.
The styrofoam pretzels were still in the bag.

Single use wipes are no longer on the counter in the lav.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by 24left
Biscoffs were not in any of the recent AC CleanCare bags. They've been replaced by 2 Loris brand wipes.
The styrofoam pretzels were still in the bag.

Single use wipes are no longer on the counter in the lav.
Can confirm that the Biscoffs have disappeared. Such a disappointment. Did you track down the missing Kit Kats yet??

They never had single use wipes in the lav, those were disposable hand sani packs afaik. They were come and go throughout the months on flights in the J lav.
Old May 5, 2021, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Can confirm that the Biscoffs have disappeared. Such a disappointment. Did you track down the missing Kit Kats yet??
Ah, well, that's another story.

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
......They never had single use wipes in the lav, those were disposable hand sani packs afaik. They were come and go throughout the months on flights in the J lav.
Right, I once took a photo but oddly assumed they were wipes. lol

Old May 9, 2021, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Posting in this thread because clearly my AC flight was not "CleanCare+". Or at least some pax weren't.

Just saw the recent list from the B.C. CDC and one of my flights this past week is on the list for Covid exposure. Not nearly as exciting as being on the AC 15 tail strike into HKG, but considering all the AC flights I've done in the Now Times, the is the first time one of mine is on the list.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/26-more-b-c-fl...o-52-1.5420586
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: AC SE
New Care packages, flight attendant said they took the water and snack out because they are doing service now. Curious to see

Little disappointed that they didn’t go with a Canadian made product

Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Hypastyla
New Care packages, flight attendant said they took the water and snack out because they are doing service now. Curious to see

Is there a comparable Canadian-made product, from a manufacturer that can supply ten thousand kits per day with room to scale up 5-10x over the next year?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by Hypastyla

international one has a wipe , mask and bottle of hand sanitizer
domestic only a wipe and mask
Aselwyn likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
The four domestic ones I got this week all had packets of hand sanitizer in them. I prefer the small bottles.
Aselwyn likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I liked the little hand sanitizer bottles.....oh well, I guess I’ll accept them going away in exchange for an end to the pandemic 😷
etkuo, marke190, 24left and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:25 pm
Suspended

J Headphones are back.
Seem AC expects me to clean them myself.

talkeryxu likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I liked the little hand sanitizer bottles.....oh well, I guess I’ll accept them going away in exchange for an end to the pandemic 😷
Ya hopefully I can get a pair more of them flying to Europe this summer. That AC hand sanitizer was my personal fav above purell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.