Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Exactly - I’ve also been on several A-B-C flights on the same aircraft, same gate, an hour or two later that used different packages than the inbound flight.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yeah this is the latest version with the clear bags.
Sounds like it's been a coin toss lately.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:12 pm

Found in seat pocket after the plane spent 3 hours between flights.

Found after the departure took a 30 minute delay for cleaning.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Well, looks like things are getting back to normal! We should be thankful that the planes are getting dirtier!

Besides, that's what the Clean Care wipes are for... to clean the seat yourself!
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Packets of sanitizer out of YYC the other day and YYZ today. But I'm still 12 or 14 out of 16 segments in the last 2 weeks with Bacti Control.

Anyone paid attention to the video on a loop in the YYZ Dom MLL? There's a clip on CleanCare+ that's massively out of date. It still touts AC doing temperature checks. That was replaced by CATSA, what, more than a year ago? And now the CATSA system has been dismantled too.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Packets of sanitizer out of YYC the other day and YYZ today. But I'm still 12 or 14 out of 16 segments in the last 2 weeks with Bacti Control.

Anyone paid attention to the video on a loop in the YYZ Dom MLL? There's a clip on CleanCare+ that's massively out of date. It still touts AC doing temperature checks. That was replaced by CATSA, what, more than a year ago? And now the CATSA system has been dismantled too.
Is it similar to the video in the YVR Dom MLL? I never bothered paying attention to either... just notice some CleanCare stuff but that's about it.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Is it similar to the video in the YVR Dom MLL? I never bothered paying attention to either... just notice some CleanCare stuff but that's about it.
No idea. I hadn't even noticed a video in the YVR MLL.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:13 pm

I was starting to worry that Bacti Control was gone for good after not seeing it for a week, then had it on both YYC-YUL and YUL-YYC on separate days a few days ago. But back to packets today at both YYC and YVR.

I find it interesting that the vast majority of the kits have two wipes and, if no Bacti Control, two sanitizer packets, but every once in a while, a kit will have three of one of them.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:32 pm

I just got a kit with no sanitizer. No Bacti Control, no packets. Just three wipes.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just got a kit with no sanitizer. No Bacti Control, no packets. Just three wipes.
Did you see what your seat mates got? Sounds like an outlier package mistake?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:39 pm

Did you see what your seat mates got? Sounds like an outlier package mistake?
No, I didn't see what others got.

Probably a mistake, but who knows. I've had dozens of permutations of the kits since they were first introduced.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I didn't see what others got.

Probably a mistake, but who knows. I've had dozens of permutations of the kits since they were first introduced.
Right. Well if it's not a mistake, then what's the point... they should just throw in a couple of pickles to remind us of the MLL days a few years ago.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:40 pm

You definitely got a prototype Clean Care "minus" kit.
Adam Smith and yyztozag like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
And they're not even disinfectant wipes, they're the screen cleaning kind.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by yyztozag
And they're not even disinfectant wipes, they're the screen cleaning kind.
No, that's not the case. They're not alcohol based, but the active ingredient is benzalkonium chloride, which is a biocide.

The package clearly states the intended use: "Antiseptic cleanser effective in destroying certain bacteria and removing certain impurities."

If you try one on an LCD, please let us know, but I'm not keen to find out what it would do to any screen I own.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, that's not the case. They're not alcohol based, but the active ingredient is benzalkonium chloride, which is a biocide.

The package clearly states the intended use: "Antiseptic cleanser effective in destroying certain bacteria and removing certain impurities."

If you try one on an LCD, please let us know, but I'm not keen to find out what it would do to any screen I own.
I have used my own benzalkonium chloride wipes on my LCD screens without issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.