Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2020, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Wait, what? Air Canada has world class cleanliness in it's cabins?

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2020...dded-Assurance
Old May 4, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE
"Customers travelling on Air Canada flights will be subject to an infra-red temperature check at all airports, the first airline in the Americas to announce such measures system-wide. The non-invasive procedure will complement the existing government-mandated health questionnaire currently completed by all travellers to determine their fitness to fly. Customers who are deemed unfit to travel will be rebooked at no cost but be required to obtain medical clearance prior to travel."

I wonder what that medical clearance involves and how it can be obtained, whether in Canada or in another country.
Old May 4, 2020, 8:46 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
"Air Canada has already been recognized by the 2019 Skytrax World Airline Awards for Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness in North America."

I didn't realize SkyTrax had such an award, or that AC had won it. The laugh that gave me was a good way to start my Monday
Nitehawk, m.y, traacs and 2 others like this.
Old May 4, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
"Air Canada has already been recognized by the 2019 Skytrax World Airline Awards for Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness in North America."

I didn't realize SkyTrax had such an award, or that AC had won it. The laugh that gave me was a good way to start my Monday
That is not reasonable. Delta started the airline industry on this path to branded cleaning with "Delta Clean" - The industry leading standard for clean (they even have a youtube video on it). I guess AC has to up them with with its own brand of clean "Clean Care+". We will have to see what WestJet does, they are usually the ones that like to use the word "care" in their branding.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:10 am

I must admit that the piece that I found a bit disturbing was that they are discontinuing blankets and pillows - aren't they normally sealed in plastic when we get them? What exactly do they do to them between flights? My new suspicion is "seal them in plastic to make us all feel better."
pilot007 likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Fiordland
That is not reasonable. Delta started the airline industry on this path to branded cleaning with "Delta Clean" - The industry leading standard for clean (they even have a youtube video on it).
But how much advertising did Delta buy from Skytrax?

Having spent a lot of time flying on the US3, I actually don't think AC winning "best network carrier in North America" or whatever it is they usually win is as ridiculous as some people around here think it is, but an an award for aircraft cleanliness is a joke, as I find AC's planes to be consistently far dirtier than the US3.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:37 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
A mandatory temperature check - talk about security theatre.
Old May 4, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
Wait, what? Air Canada has world class cleanliness in it's cabins?

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2020...dded-Assurance

When did they start cleaning the planes?

What's next? They going to try arriving on time for a switch? Grab your Super-Tacks Satan, because hell seems to be freezing over.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
But how much advertising did Delta buy from Skytrax?

Having spent a lot of time flying on the US3, I actually don't think AC winning "best network carrier in North America" or whatever it is they usually win is as ridiculous as some people around here think it is, but an an award for aircraft cleanliness is a joke, as I find AC's planes to be consistently far dirtier than the US3.
I thought the thing with skytrax was to buy consulting services and not advertising.

Here is what Delta is doing. I suspect AC is probably doing something similar but with a Clean+ logo on the fogger.
Old May 4, 2020, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
In the AC Media Release linked by @AtlanticXpat......

I note, with some amusement, the following phrases:

*enhanced aircraft grooming

*providing all customers with care kits for hand cleaning and hygiene.

Thinking about one of AC FT's epic threads Dirty aircraft started by @
farmerbrown in December 2014, there were endless examples over the years of AC's notable aircraft grooming

IIRC, when I and others started posting images of packages of disinfecting wipes, some here laughed or were dismissive - and we were using them simply BECAUSE of AC's well-known quality in aircraft grooming.

Not only were some of us ahead of the curve, as it were, but we also inadvertently let AC off the hook for failing to actually clean the aircraft, and we were cleaning the aircraft for AC.

I also look back on the post where I had suggested AC provide wipes to pax while boarding. If AC wasn't going to clean their aircraft, and expected us to do it, they could at least provide some supplies.

Wow, how times have changed.

Of course no one could predict back in that thread where we would be today. But I do find it both sad and ironic that we are here now, and AC now had cleaning care kits.

Also, paging @Sopwith. This thread is really begging for you to add a chapter to your epic thread The AC Contract Translated into Plain English

Diabeetus and Fiordland like this.
Old May 4, 2020, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Fiordland
I thought the thing with skytrax was to buy consulting services and not advertising.
Yes, that's what I meant. "Consulting", "advisory", whatever it is they pay SkyTrax for. Brain fart
Fiordland likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
In the AC Media Release linked by @AtlanticXpat......

I note, with some amusement, the following phrases:

*enhanced aircraft grooming

*providing all customers with care kits for hand cleaning and hygiene.

Thinking about one of AC FT's epic threads Dirty aircraft started by @
farmerbrown in December 2014, there were endless examples over the years of AC's notable aircraft grooming

IIRC, when I and others started posting images of packages of disinfecting wipes, some here laughed or were dismissive - and we were using them simply BECAUSE of AC's well-known quality in aircraft grooming.

Not only were some of us ahead of the curve, as it were, but we also inadvertently let AC off the hook for failing to actually clean the aircraft, and we were cleaning the aircraft for AC.

I also look back on the post where I had suggested AC provide wipes to pax while boarding. If AC wasn't going to clean their aircraft, and expected us to do it, they could at least provide some supplies.

Wow, how times have changed.

Of course no one could predict back in that thread where we would be today. But I do find it both sad and ironic that we are here now, and AC now had cleaning care kits.

Also, paging @Sopwith. This thread is really begging for you to add a chapter to your epic thread The AC Contract Translated into Plain English

I feel anxious whenever I forget to bring disinfecting wipes and a bottle of hand sanitizer for my flights.

I agree that clean planes should have always been the bare minimum standard, not some high bar only to be reached after a pandemic starts.
traacs and 24left like this.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Marriot Rewards, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by mbingley
I must admit that the piece that I found a bit disturbing was that they are discontinuing blankets and pillows - aren't they normally sealed in plastic when we get them? What exactly do they do to them between flights? My new suspicion is "seal them in plastic to make us all feel better."
That's never exactly been a secret. For years one of the most common recommendations I have seen to avoid getting sick from a plane is to avoid the pillows and blankets.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Kind of like saying we have the cleanest garbage dump west of Calcutta.
Symmetre likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by 24left
Also, paging @Sopwith. This thread is really begging for you to add a chapter to your epic thread The AC Contract Translated into Plain English.
Working on it ...
Symmetre and 24left like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.