Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2021, 6:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Clear bag with white mask and 2 packets of hand sanitizer today on AC 135 on August 13.
Bacti Control at YYC this morning.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Two packets on 740 out of SFO.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Sounds like they're trying to use up the remaining packet thingies.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Bacti Control at YVR today. Also at YZP, but that came from the same batch
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Has anyone else noticed that (in Y) the Clean Care kits now seem to be optional? Over the past 10 days or so, on 3 flights seated in Y, the FAs have simply gone up and down the aisle after takeoff holding up the Clean Care kits, and giving one to any pax who indicated they wanted it. I'd say only about half of the passengers actually took one. (Note: this is only in Y -- in J/PY, there has been a kit already placed on each seat upon boarding.)
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Mine was offered (and accepted) in J.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ratsy
Has anyone else noticed that (in Y) the Clean Care kits now seem to be optional? Over the past 10 days or so, on 3 flights seated in Y, the FAs have simply gone up and down the aisle after takeoff holding up the Clean Care kits, and giving one to any pax who indicated they wanted it. I'd say only about half of the passengers actually took one. (Note: this is only in Y -- in J/PY, there has been a kit already placed on each seat upon boarding.)
I was on a YQR-YVR flight on Tuesday the 10th and the kit was not offered to anyone in Y. This may or may not have had anything to do with the FA up front who seemed to hate her job as she could not hide that fact from pax. On the return on the 13th, kits were given to all pax in Y and J. This may or may not have had anything to do with how amazing the crew was (a stellar crew despite some issues with the air system not working properly, which made the cabin super warm), but I like to think those AC employees who really like their jobs tend to be on top of everything all the time, even if they’re having a crummy day.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:25 pm

Bacti Control at YYC yesterday and today, and at YVR on a Jazz turboprop today. Packets on mainline at YVR.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by arf04
This may or may not have had anything to do with how amazing the crew was (a stellar crew despite some issues with the air system not working properly, which made the cabin super warm), but I like to think those AC employees who really like their jobs tend to be on top of everything all the time, even if they’re having a crummy day.
I'm always curious to know if the "good ones" are ex-CP/ex-WD... because from my experiences, they are always the best. (but this does not imply that AC employees who are not ex-CP/WD are necessarily crappy)

And based on recent reports, it seems that it's just a random allotment of Clean Care kits on flights (and in your case, none at all). After all, AC needs to stay consistent with being consistently inconsistent.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:07 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm always curious to know if the "good ones" are ex-CP/ex-WD... because from my experiences, they are always the best. (but this does not imply that AC employees who are not ex-CP/WD are necessarily crappy)
I used to think that too, but realistically how many of them could still be left?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I used to think that too, but realistically how many of them could still be left?
Not many, but they exist. That doesn't stop me from being curious.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad

And based on recent reports, it seems that it's just a random allotment of Clean Care kits on flights (and in your case, none at all). After all, AC needs to stay consistent with being consistently inconsistent.
Ha ha, yes, consistently inconsistent: they do try to live up to customer expectations...

I couldn't speculate about the really great crew and CP/WD. The FA in front was probably old enough, but the one in back was in her 20s so basically impossible. They were both stellar. I have an old CP cardboard luggage tag (the kind you'd get at the check in counter) that I laminated and keep it on my carry-on to remind me of the good old days. At YYZ a few weeks ago, a young-ish guy pointed out how cool it was that I had a luggage tag from an airline that existed before he was born. The dude was young enough to not realize he was insulting me, lol
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
I had two flights last week on express (YYC-YWG, YWG-YYC) so not sure how relevant this is as a datapoint.

Outbound - kits offered at boarding. Lots of time to board. Kits were on seats in J. Kits were mixed, some had the sanitizer in the small container, some had them in the rip packs.
Return - kits offered after boarding. 90% full flight, 2 FA's, seemed to be behind on everything. Kits were on seats in J. All of the kits I saw had the kits in the rip packs.

FA mentioned that there seems to be catering issues on all flights, which is affecting everything (they never know what food is going to be available, what will be on BOB, and if they'll have enough of everything)

They were giving out free headsets on both flights. Also seemed to indicate that the handhelds for charging for BOB had changed and they were having big issues. Enter the order, swipe, takes it, then suddenly the order would dissapear.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
One of my recent packages has a blue antiseptic towelette that is not Loris-branded (the lettering is blue). The hand sanitizer included were the gel packs.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
One of my recent packages has a blue antiseptic towelette that is not Loris-branded (the lettering is blue). The hand sanitizer included were the gel packs.
Yeah this is the latest version with the clear bags.
Sounds like it's been a coin toss lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.