Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mathemagic
And meals on board used to be served on bone china...
What is the world coming to?
But really, the wipes and sanitizer are the only things I use(d).
Yeah I found the wipes useful. I always use them.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The pretzels and earphones are always appreciated at the hospital where my wife works. And water is always good (and gets you 10 cents back at the bottle depot!), so I've managed to put pretty much everything in the kits to good use.
tcook052 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Contents of kit on my 4 recent flights

I also noticed that the boxes on the counters in the lavs that contained single use wipes and hand sanitizer, are no longer there.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:53 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I wouldn't necessarily eat / drink all of those if I were you!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 24left
Contents of kit on my 4 recent flights

I also noticed that the boxes on the counters in the lavs that contained single use wipes and hand sanitizer, are no longer there.
Contents were identical (as would be expected) for both my flights in Atlantic Canada today. Not sure why they are now choosing to give out free headphones with these kits when they used to make us pay if we forgot ours.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone had any issues with the masks from the kit? I wore one last week for a while and the skin on my cheeks and nose has been incredibly irritated ever since. That's not the only potential cause, but based on what else I was up to that day, it seems the most likely.

Originally Posted by codfather
Not sure why they are now choosing to give out free headphones with these kits when they used to make us pay if we forgot ours.
By "now" you, mean "for six months", right?

They're trying to minimize the amount of customer-staff contact during the flight. Having an FA go around with headphones and then trying to collect a bunch of $2 or $3 payments for them is a fair amount of close contact between staff and customers.

Although if I had to guess at what would disappear from the kit next, it might be those.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I would prefer AC keep the little headphones but offer them as selective options, as in "would you like them?" instead of automatically including them in the kit. If, while wearing their blue gloves, the cabin crews are able to hand out a plastic bag of chips and chocolate, they can do the same with the earphones. Then again, I assumed all pax are getting the same kit so perhaps some items are relevant or needed in some cabins.

I looked around the J cabins on all recent flights and almost no one had their own over-ear types. A significant number of J pax were crew - DH pilots, those commuting and other non-revs. No idea if that matters in the equation.

I noticed some differences in service between the recent 6 flights but especially the last 4 - as relates to the "safety" protocols. I had an interesting conversation with one set of crews about it yesterday. I certainly understand the challenges some of them face as the info and instructions can often change quickly or daily.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
By "now" you, mean "for six months", right?

They're trying to minimize the amount of customer-staff contact during the flight. Having an FA go around with headphones and then trying to collect a bunch of $2 or $3 payments for them is a fair amount of close contact between staff and customers.

Although if I had to guess at what would disappear from the kit next, it might be those.
They weren’t in the kit when I flew in October to YHZ, at least not that I can remember. I noticed them right away on my flight to YHZ last week.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by codfather
They weren’t in the kit when I flew in October to YHZ, at least not that I can remember. I noticed them right away on my flight to YHZ last week.
I suspect your memory is faulty. They started including earphones in the kits back in July
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I suspect your memory is faulty. They started including earphones in the kits back in July
Idk how I didn’t notice them. Just checked a kit I kept from back in August and sure enough, there they were...
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I tried eating the earphones. They tasted bland. A bit acidic. I spat them out.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:19 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
yyznomad One day I will have to explain to you the difference between aural and oral.

I am a little curious as to why they include a mask if you can't board without one. A spare maybe?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
yyznomad One day I will have to explain to you the difference between aural and oral.

I am a little curious as to why they include a mask if you can't board without one. A spare maybe?
Yes, spare. Sometimes I like to double bag it.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

Have you ever sneezed/coughed/spoken moistly in a mask? You need to replace it.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Have you ever sneezed/coughed/spoken moistly in a mask? You need to replace it.
I also like the new smell of the AC CreamCarePlusMinus mask. I like to inhale hard until the fabric gets stuck on the nostril entrance.
Kinda like putting my hands to my armpits and then smelling my fingers really hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.