Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyztozag
The headset is for Signature Class, and if I understood it correctly, domestic flights count (i.e. YYZ-YVR on a widebody, but not YYZ-YUL or YYZ-YVR on a 321).
Looking forward to the updated reports

Upthread (or in another thread) int'l J was discussed having ANC headsets... so it would be great to see them back in NA SS.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The headset is for Signature Class, and if I understood it correctly, domestic flights count (i.e. YYZ-YVR on a widebody, but not YYZ-YUL or YYZ-YVR on a 321).
No, that text you posted is for international.

This page > Read before you fly > Day of travel > Onboard food and beverage service

When you click on Air Canada Signature Class – International, you get:

Amenities and additional safety measures

• A pillow, duvet, and mattress cover, packaged together in a plastic bag, will be waiting on your seat.
  • After boarding, a travel essentials bag will be distributed, containing a Customer Care Kit (with mask, hand sanitizer, water bottle, and a snack), want les essentiels amenity kit, and a noise cancelling headset for use during your flight.
The text you quoted in your previous post is the second bullet.

When you click on Air Canada Signature Class – North America & North America Business Class, you get:

Amenities and additional safety measures

• Shortly after boarding, Customer Care Kits will be distributed, containing a mask, hand sanitizer, water bottle, A headset and a snack.
  • For those in Air Canada Signature Class, a pillow, duvet, and mattress cover, packaged together in a plastic bag, will be waiting at every seat.
  • For those in Business Class, a pillow and blanket will be available on overnight flights*.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No, that text you posted is for international.

This page > Read before you fly > Day of travel > Onboard food and beverage service

When you click on Air Canada Signature Class – International, you get:

The text you quoted in your previous post is the second bullet.

When you click on Air Canada Signature Class – North America & North America Business Class, you get:
Oh, now I have my sad FWP face on.
I kept my hopes up and now I can't stop ugly crying.

I wonder what makes it safer to have ANC headsets on international SS flights and not on NA SS flights.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Oh, now I have my sad FWP face on.
I kept my hopes up and now I can't stop ugly crying.

I wonder what makes it safer to have ANC headsets on international SS flights and not on NA SS flights.
It's not safer. I'm sure AC is just more willing to spend the time and money properly cleaning/disinfecting them for international J pax than North America pax.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not safer. I'm sure AC is just more willing to spend the time and money properly cleaning/disinfecting them for international J pax than North America pax.
Thing is, while they aren't operating at their full pre-covid schedule, I'd think they'd have enough cleaned headsets to go around while they dirty ones enjoy a longer latency period to have them cleaned.

But, IANAAOE.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:38 pm

Thing is, while they aren't operating at their full pre-covid schedule, I'd think they'd have enough cleaned headsets to go around while they dirty ones enjoy a longer latency period to have them cleaned.
I'm sure they do have a lot of headsets, but each time a headset gets used, they have to be collected, sent to wherever they get cleaned, someone has to take a few minutes to clean them, then re-package them... There's a cost to that. It's not going to cost $50 a headset, but what, $2? $5? $1? And why spend it now? On my flights in J, I see huge numbers of people wearing their own NC headsets anyway, and others who wear earbuds of some sort. I don't think having them is a huge differentiator for AC.

But, IANAAOE.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure they do have a lot of headsets, but each time a headset gets used, they have to be collected, sent to wherever they get cleaned, someone has to take a few minutes to clean them, then re-package them... There's a cost to that. It's not going to cost $50 a headset, but what, $2? $5? $1? And why spend it now? On my flights in J, I see huge numbers of people wearing their own NC headsets anyway, and others who wear earbuds of some sort. I don't think having them is a huge differentiator for AC.
Probably not, but it's just easier that I don't have to bring any of my own.
Having said that, bringing one's own becomes useful to tune out the MLL blowhards on loudest-volume-Facetime "Look Grandma I'm in the Air Canada First Class Lounge! Imma gonna go to Disney World and have my Grey Poupon!"

I Am Not An Airline Operations Expert
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:22 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Having said that, bringing one's own becomes useful to tune out the MLL blowhards on loudest-volume-Facetime "Look Grandma I'm in the Air Canada First Class Lounge! Imma gonna go to Disney World and have my Grey Poupon!"
Exactly.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
On my flights in J, I see huge numbers of people wearing their own NC headsets anyway, and others who wear earbuds of some sort.

I forgot that the chord for my ANC headset did not have a 3.5mm plug and only plugged into Apple devices. Having an AC-provided headset would have saved me a lot of anguish on an 8.5 hour day flight
Old Dec 23, 2020, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I forgot that the chord for my ANC headset did not have a 3.5mm plug and only plugged into Apple devices. Having an AC-provided headset would have saved me a lot of anguish on an 8.5 hour day flight
Did you ask the SD if they perhaps had an adapter available?

I've had crew offer various adapters or power plugs from their own personal or found somewhere on board... well, pre-Covid.

but yeah, semi FWP annoyed that there's no ANC offered as part of the NA SS CleanCare+ kits.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Transport Canada backtracks on policy forcing 2-year-olds to mask-up on planes

Transport Canada has quietly raised the mandatory age for children wearing face masks on planes from two to six years old. The move follows at least two public incidents where toddlers were kicked off domestic flights for not wearing a face covering.

Back in April, Transport Canada mandated that air passengers aged two and up wear a mask when travelling, to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

Under Transport Canada's new revised regulations, now children from ages two to five don't have to mask-up if they're unable to tolerate wearing one.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
The wipes are gone from the Clean Care kits, disappointing.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Yeah they (the wipes) got discontinued sometime after late November or in early December (upthread).
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
I noticed this on my most recent flights, but I thankfully had brought some with me from earlier Clean Care kits. Idk why they would discontinue one of the best things in the bag...
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:16 pm

Yeah they (the wipes) got discontinued sometime after late November or in early December (upthread).
And meals on board used to be served on bone china...
What is the world coming to?
But really, the wipes and sanitizer are the only things I use(d).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.