Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:45 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Another AC fail this morning on AC 203: despite the long-winded PA announcements outlining the measures they're taking to mitigate COVID, nobody was temperature screened at any point between curb and aircraft seat. Did they simply forget? Who is responsible for this - it's administered by an AC staffer pre-security in YVR and by CATSA pre-security in YEG, and then sometimes by AC at the gate at YEG, and by nobody at all at YYC. I understand the fallacy of temp screening as a determinant to who may board, but c'mon Air Canada, if you're sending letters to health ministers urging them to ease travel restrictions and to bolster your case, are pointing out all the measures you're taking...then go ahead and take them!

Speaking of promises not meeting realities. I noticed with amusement yesterday's AC Twitter account announcing the inclusion of headsets and snacks within the CC+ package, but of course none of those were present on the actual flight. 27 people on an A320, including 3 in J (2 of whom were uniformed pilots).
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:20 am

Those links are just listing flights where someone is known to have flown while positive for covid - none of those cases, to my knowledge, has resulted in subsequent positive tests. Actually contracting covid from flying is different from the RISK of being infected and requested self-monitoring.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 10:27 am

I think a most interesting number to know would be how many people have been denied travel each week due to the screening measures and various new rules.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Those links are just listing flights where someone is known to have flown while positive for covid - none of those cases, to my knowledge, has resulted in subsequent positive tests. Actually contracting covid from flying is different from the RISK of being infected and requested self-monitoring.
Are you in any position to have such knowledge? Can we affirmatively say that of the many flights that have had warnings posted about them that none of the pax in the rows or planes listed have subsequently tested positive?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
Are you in any position to have such knowledge? Can we affirmatively say that of the many flights that have had warnings posted about them that none of the pax in the rows or planes listed have subsequently tested positive?
At least here in BC the definition of community outbreak is a cluster of cases where multiple people continue to be considered infected. Any time there is an "exposure event" such as on flights or at the strip club or July 1st parties with known infected individuals attending, they are subsequently referred to as outbreaks when more people get sick from said exposure. Never have they referred to a flight outbreak, whereas the Kelowna July 1st parties are now referred to as a community outbreak with subsequent new infections mentioned as related to that particular event. Once 14 days have passed in which no further cases are traced to that original outbreak, it is considered over. So, extrapolation, yes, but logical based on how things are reported here.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
At least here in BC the definition of community outbreak is a cluster of cases where multiple people continue to be considered infected. Any time there is an "exposure event" such as on flights or at the strip club or July 1st parties with known infected individuals attending, they are subsequently referred to as outbreaks when more people get sick from said exposure. Never have they referred to a flight outbreak, whereas the Kelowna July 1st parties are now referred to as a community outbreak with subsequent new infections mentioned as related to that particular event. Once 14 days have passed in which no further cases are traced to that original outbreak, it is considered over. So, extrapolation, yes, but logical based on how things are reported here.
Yes. All that is true. However, there is a threshold for a cluster or outbreak. 5 cases? Some number >2. So if 1 person on a flight gets infected by sitting next to somebody who already has it, then it won't be reported and there won't be a cluster. So you are right, we know there haven't been any clusters or super-spreader events. But we don't know (one way or the other) about more limited spread.

Quick question (not directed to nomadic.relief specifically): based on what we know, who here would be comfortable sitting in 14B for 4 hours next to somebody in 14C who has Covid?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: *G
This link indirectly appeared in the C Series thread and covers an AC demo flight for their Care + initiatives.

https://simpleflying.com/air-canada-...9-precautions/

It covers several aspects, including boarding but is silent on deplaning. I gather that AC makes no attempt to have an organized and distanced deplaning, and that the usual get up and and crowd forward is normal. I also gather that LH does an organized row by row deplaning. Any reason AC apparently makes no such attempt while touting many other things. Any other experiences by regular FTers?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:29 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by fin 645
I gather that AC makes no attempt to have an organized and distanced deplaning, and that the usual get up and and crowd forward is normal.
Based on what information? The policy calls for distanced deplaning.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:06 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Gold, DL PM, WS Plat, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
AC-branded water and Ecological goop in this morning's CleanCare+ kit at YYC. Was really hoping for more Bacti Control as I actually like that one.

Also, looks like AC is only selling 10J on the 223 right now? Perhaps because they need 1DF to store the CleanCare+ kits during boarding?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Gold, DL PM, WS Plat, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
It appears that this has been added to the post-landing taxi script, as an announcement was made today on 316 (welcome to YUL, local time, etc, social distancing while deplaning, yadda yadda).

It didn't look like there was a ton of effort made by the passengers, but the utility of the policy seems questionable, given all these people have just spent hours in proximity to each other, and there's really no way to do it anyway.

But the policy was definitely clearly announced.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It appears that this has been added to the post-landing taxi script, as an announcement was made today on 316 (welcome to YUL, local time, etc, social distancing while deplaning, yadda yadda).

It didn't look like there was a ton of effort made by the passengers, but the utility of the policy seems questionable, given all these people have just spent hours in proximity to each other, and there's really no way to do it anyway.

But the policy was definitely clearly announced.
Good to hear they have a stated policy. I asked since I had read much about boarding procedures but nothing about deplaning, and close family members had to push back against crowding passengers on AC 875 June 24. Up to that point, distancing had been maintained. There is a way to do it and LH does it row by row.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Yes, but so far the actual experience for me has been the same as always. Up to and including some people trying to shove their way up to the front while folks are getting their bags.

In policy there is no difference between policy and practice. In practice, there is.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:45 pm

Unlike my flights in June, an announcement was made, after boarding was complete, about the front lav being off limits and all pax needing to use the rear lavs. If loads start to come up more consistently, that's going to be quite annoying.

​​​​​​​No temperature check at YUL today to get on 323, neither at CATSA nor the plane. Both GAs boarding 316 this morning had temperature guns though.

Originally Posted by fin 645
Up to that point, distancing had been maintained. There is a way to do it and LH does it row by row.
Perhaps my point wasn't clear. Distanced deplaning is pointless, regardless of how it's executed. People will be crammed together in their seats instead of crammed in the aisles. It's more medical theatre.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Unlike my flights in June, an announcement was made, after boarding was complete, about the front lav being off limits and all pax needing to use the rear lavs. If loads start to come up more consistently, that's going to be quite annoying.
So I have to walk past literally every passenger to use the lav. Great.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: Air Canada/AreoPlan
When I took AC 225 on Wednesday home from YYC, temperature was checked at the gate prior to boarding by an AC attendant. Same thing 2 weeks ago when I took the same flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.