Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:44 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mathemagic
I'm pretty sure someone behind the scenes is making random tweaks to the packets just to see the reaction on FT.
🤣
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Looks like the 3rd wipe in that one kit was a fluke, all 3 since then have had 2 wipes and no gloves, so looks like the gloves were just eliminated with no offsetting benefit.

Given that most people I saw seemed to either not use them or wear them the whole flight, touching their faces, food, etc, it probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Earphones came in a clear package at YOW this morning, but still the white one at YYZ.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Looks like the 3rd wipe in that one kit was a fluke, all 3 since then have had 2 wipes and no gloves, so looks like the gloves were just eliminated with no offsetting benefit.

Given that most people I saw seemed to either not use them or wear them the whole flight, touching their faces, food, etc, it probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Earphones came in a clear package at YOW this morning, but still the white one at YYZ.
This is the best thread.

I’m flying today SFO-YVR-YYZ. SFO flight had a clear bottle. YVR is blue.

But the ingredients now say ‘natural spring water ozonated’. Before it used to just say ‘water’
Adam Smith and yyztozag like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
AC continues its commitment to deep-cleaning aircraft overnight, and providing the highest-quality levels of service in its premium cabin.

Got to my seat this morning and found someone else's dirty socks from the night before.

Are you KIDDING ME.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC 75k
I cried laughing seeing that. No joke, because I do that to my DW's ultimate displeasure IN MY OWN HOME. Long story, but I like to be barefoot, so I take my socks off whenever I don't have to be in shoes/boots outside.
Maybe they are like my cleaner. They don't won't move anything for fear that it might be important.
Please tell me that you shared that pic with AC corporate.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:51 am

No real changes to the kits in the past couple of weeks. The black plastic packaged earphones that they used to hand out in J have showed up a couple of times, but it's almost always the white package.

Until today, when the AC-branded water bottle is now 250 mL, up from 200 mL previously. This is at YUL. Will see what's on offer out of YVR later today.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 5:32 pm

Sorry, the old bottle style is 240 mL, not 200. Weird, the bigger one seemed quite a bit bigger than just a 10 mL difference.

Either way, the kit at YVR still has the old size.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Carry-on baggage: touchless verification and enforcement
In order to facilitate the boarding process and limit the need for physical interactions at the departure gate and on board, all customers will be required to comply with verification measures pre-security, or at the gate.
New technologies will be introduced at select airports* to automatically size and measure carry-on baggage for compliance, making the carry-on baggage policy verification process touchless.
*In the following cities: Toronto (Pearson), Montreal, and Ottawa.
Just noticed this tidbit in the Updated Travel Guidelines - anyone experience this technology yet?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/....html#/checkin
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-check-in.html

It seems like checking-in with an agent is no longer an option, according to these links. Can anyone confirm?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Just noticed this tidbit in the Updated Travel Guidelines - anyone experience this technology yet?
I noticed this, too. Asked a similar question yesterday but in a different thread. Also curious about what it is in reality.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyztozag
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/....html#/checkin
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-check-in.html

It seems like checking-in with an agent is no longer an option, according to these links. Can anyone confirm?
Impossible, because some destinations require document checks.
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
last week got a few more kits and noticed they now have a white sticker on the top for sealing. one of the 3 had a package of 2 Biscoff's instead of the pretzels
Old Dec 2, 2020, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Aselwyn
last week got a few more kits and noticed they now have a white sticker on the top for sealing. one of the 3 had a package of 2 Biscoff's instead of the pretzels
I've noticed a mix as well.
I didn't realize previous kits didn't have the sticker seal.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
As noted above, AC CleanCare+ bag has a white seal.

It contained:
250ml bottle of water
white mask
20 ml bottle of Bacti Control hand sanitizer
package of Biscoff cookies
package of ear buds
2 single-use packages of Powerclean antiseptic wipe
a card with a message from AC's chief medical officer and VP Safety

Yes, I know the IFE showed we were going to HND.

The plastic bag contained a pillow, duvet and mattress pad/seat cover (hoodie version)

Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:01 am

Nice to see the tasty Biscoff cookies replacing the pedestrian pretzels.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Originally Posted by Aselwyn
last week got a few more kits and noticed they now have a white sticker on the top for sealing.
I didn't realize previous kits didn't have the sticker seal.
That sticker has been there for months. Since sometime in September, I think.

Originally Posted by 24left
250ml bottle of water
250 mL or 240 mL? I had a 250 mL once, but that was only one of ~70 kits since they started handing them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.