Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Aselwyn
odd that a short dash 8 flight with no ife it still gets a headset but i guess its for simplicity
That's it exactly, same care kit regardless of AC type, makes life eaiser for catering
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Clearing up some misconceptions on masks...

Originally Posted by mathemagic
This is appropriate policy. The valves don't protect others from the wearer. However, if TC is quoted correctly, it is incorrect to say that a valved mask is ineffective in protecting one from the virus. Rather, the problem is that it ONLY protects the wearer, and not those around them.
Correct.

For the non-N95 masks, they only protect you if everyone is wearing them. The reverse is true for N95, where all and, sometimes only, those who are wearing are protected.
Only correct if the N95 has an exhalation valve. The vast majority of N95 masks do not have exhalation vales. Whether they are "medical grade" or not, regular N95's will protect both the wearer and those around them better than a medial mask.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So I should wear my surgical mask on top of my N95, right?
From a personal protection standpoint there is no reason to do this and it just increases breathing resistance, making things less comfortable. If you are concerned about the outside of your N95 mask becoming contaminated, then it might be a good reason to have the medical mask on top.

Originally Posted by yoga
In no way does it.

KN95 masks were created for dust only. The N95 masks was marketed due to the fact that when this outbreak happened - it actually started in October-

Masks were sent to China back then because everyone thought that this was a problem within China..... only. Once it was starting to go global, they then hoarded the masks, refused the selling of them outside of China, re-opened the sale of masks but with a 150-200% mark-up.

This why, the promotion of the useless N95 masks as well as any other "face covering" other than a medical masks makes no sense.
N95's are far from useless. They are superior to medical masks. (KN95's (except counterfeit ones) filter well but fit poorly - so their actual protection typically lies between the N95 and medical mask.

The Chinese re-opened sales of N95 masks but the ex-factory price now is about seven times as high as pre-pandemic - so yes they absolutely have figured out how to profit from the pandemic. Meanwhile 3M's price has stayed constant - if you can get them.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 10:58 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The minor variability in the CleanCare+ kits continues to amuse me. I did four segments yesterday, one of which had the kits loaded in YYC, the other three in YVR. All had the white mask and whitish/clear gloves, but two had the Krispy Kernels pretzels (one of the YYC kits and one of the YVR kits), while the others had the AC-branded pretzles, and one of the YVR kits had a blue-tinted water bottle. Same shape and packaging as the other AC-branded water bottles, just a bluish tint to the plastic.

4/4 on Bacti Control though!
Old Sep 26, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The minor variability in the CleanCare+ kits continues to amuse me. I did four segments yesterday, one of which had the kits loaded in YYC, the other three in YVR. All had the white mask and whitish/clear gloves, but two had the Krispy Kernels pretzels (one of the YYC kits and one of the YVR kits), while the others had the AC-branded pretzles, and one of the YVR kits had a blue-tinted water bottle. Same shape and packaging as the other AC-branded water bottles, just a bluish tint to the plastic.

4/4 on Bacti Control though!
yeah, a paper eco friendy bag for the headphones instead of the usual plastic or foil bag's from precovid. Different size water bottles back to the 250ml AC bottles we had precovid in addition to the 240ml's, have also got blue gloves also but mainly the whiteish clear.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Looks like a CR9? Bit odd that they would not feature a modern cabin in the mainline fleet

IG post from today
Old Sep 26, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Looks like a CR9?
Yup.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 11:35 am

Blue-tinted water bottle at YYZ today. Mask is also folded in half and placed in the bag horizontally, rather than being placed vertically.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Okay I am definitely the only person who pays no attention the contents of the bag.

My bottle was clear and colorless, but I don't recall the label.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Okay I am definitely the only person who pays no attention the contents of the bag.
I have too much time on my hands. Plus, unlike a lot of you FOTSGs, I'm actually flying these days

My bottle was clear and colorless, but I don't recall the label.
The labels are the same, as is the shape, it's just the colour of the plastic that differs.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:06 am

My kit this morning has a piece of tape across the top, so you can tell whether or not it has been opened.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
You appear to be making the most of your unlimited pass! Will you be fling on Sunday?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:16 am

OH EM GEE, guys! I'm so FOTSG I didn't notice the biggest change in yesterday's kits! Gloves are gone, replaced, it seems, by a 3rd wipe. Water bottle colour and pretzel brand remain variable.
Aselwyn likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
OH EM GEE, guys! I'm so FOTSG I didn't notice the biggest change in yesterday's kits! Gloves are gone, replaced, it seems, by a 3rd wipe. Water bottle colour and pretzel brand remain variable.
I actually used the gloves lol
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:41 am

I'm pretty sure someone behind the scenes is making random tweaks to the packets just to see the reaction on FT.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
I'm pretty sure someone behind the scenes is making random tweaks to the packets just to see the reaction on FT.
is that why the omelet still exists?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.