Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Clean Care+ program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Second kit of the day, also three wipes and zero sanitizer.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I have used my own benzalkonium chloride wipes on my LCD screens without issues.
Good to know.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Second kit of the day, also three wipes and zero sanitizer.

btw, who is the vendor on the packaging? (i've also noticed changes of vendor on the liquid packets)
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
btw, who is the vendor on the packaging? (i've also noticed changes of vendor on the liquid packets)
The vendor of the wipes? I think they've pretty consistently been Loris in the kits for a while. Which is different than the Wet Nap ones that come on the meal trays or the ones sometimes available in the MLLs.

I've never noticed a vendor on the sanitizer packets. I've only seen the AC branding.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The vendor of the wipes? I think they've pretty consistently been Loris in the kits for a while. Which is different than the Wet Nap ones that come on the meal trays or the ones sometimes available in the MLLs.

I've never noticed a vendor on the sanitizer packets. I've only seen the AC branding.
You know I pay attention to these mundane details... there have been vendor changes... I took a bunch of pics over time (the last year or so)... will post more details.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:38 pm

You know I pay attention to these mundane details...
That I do

there have been vendor changes...
On the wipes (yes, I think there have been a few different ones over that time, but the last month or two, I think all Loris) or the sanitizer packets?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got Bacti Control recently.
first time in awhile that's happened for me.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Sept 12, AC 222
No hand sanitizer at all, but did get an extra Loris wipe compared to kits I've received on other flights.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYCNoob
Sept 12, AC 222
No hand sanitizer at all, but did get an extra Loris wipe compared to kits I've received on other flights.
I think it's always been two Loris for me (when it's Loris)... did you get three?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I think it's always been two Loris for me (when it's Loris)... did you get three?
Yup. Wonder if they added the third Loris wipe to replace the missing hand sanitizer.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYCNoob
Yup. Wonder if they added the third Loris wipe to replace the missing hand sanitizer.
Doubt it as the non-Bacti Control packs I've received only had two Loris wipes.

It seems that the Bacti Control packs are indeed "leftovers" from last year and early this year.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
9/18 onboard AC101: brown pack with 3 "V-Shapes" Hand Sanitizer, green mask, and 2 wipes.

(This was departing from YYZ.)

AC114 - clear bag with 3 Loris wipes, white mask, but no sanitizers of any kind).
YYCNoob likes this.

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Sep 18, 2021 at 1:31 pm Reason: additional comment and added return flight’s contents
Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
9/18 onboard AC101: brown pack with 3 "V-Shapes" Hand Sanitizer, green mask, and 2 wipes.
Beat me to the punch, I got that kit out of YUL yesterday. Also got two kits with Bacti Control out of SK. One of which had no wipes, just mask and Bacti Control.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:01 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
J Kit out of FCO today consisted of a sealed white shopping bag-like thing containing the headset, amenity bag and CleanCare kit. I guess white bags are more sanitary.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:42 pm

Here's a picture of the new hand sanitizer packets:

And here's one of the new, now AC-branded, wipes:

I did 4 segments (2 immediate turns to small regional airports) today, based in YUL. First turn had the older kits, 3 wipes, no sanitizer. Latter had the fancy new ones.

The new ones come with a card that talks about the sanitizer, which mentions that it's applicable to both the 2 mL packets as well as 20 mL, which would seem to be the bottles of Bacti Control. So perhaps it's not gone forever.

The mask also now comes with extensive directions on how best to use it, in addition to blue/green colour on one side:

​​​​​​
Okay, I hope that satisfies you CleanCare+ nerds
yyznomad and YYC3722 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:00 pm

Just to mess with all tracking what is what, on YYT-YYZ I got 3 of the below in the brown bag with blue-green mask and 2 hygienic wipes. Note, ethanol 75%, so clearly not the same hand sanitizer in different packets:

On YYZ-YVR it was back to 3 Loris wipes, white make, no sanitizer.
YYC3722, Adam Smith and YYCNoob like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.