Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So I've been thinking of booking a flight with my M flight pass, and couldn't help but notice that basically every morning this week, and every morning as far out as I've been searching there is virtually no availability on YYJ-YVR. Y0 is the norm.

Between now and the 12th of this month, there are only morning flights available in M on one day!
Clearly AC has data we don't have that allows them to have a better understanding of pax and will upgauge as necessary, but it is a bit frustrating they haven't increased frequencies on some of these routes. The last few YYJ-YVR I've taken since September have all been full or near full, and often only Lat fares were available at time of booking (+2 weeks out). Similar experience on the eastern triangle, particularly between YOW and YUL. Full flights on small aircraft with reduced frequency.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
First overseas flight in almost two years coming up next week. AC website says all I need to board and depart Canada is proof of double vaccination, which I have. Is there no more test requirement on this end of it? I know I need a test to return.

Apologies if this is addressed upthread, but hunting through 1300+ posts is a tad daunting. Thx.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Symmetre
First overseas flight in almost two years coming up next week. AC website says all I need to board and depart Canada is proof of double vaccination, which I have. Is there no more test requirement on this end of it? I know I need a test to return.
There has never been a requirement to get a test to take a flight here. Whether you need a test for your overseas destination depends on that destination.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Thanks for the clarification!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Wow, I guess I missed the bus service in its entirety.
It will be back when the number of planes exceeds the number of gates.

YVR-LAS this morning apparently had 5 empty seats.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tracon
It will be back when the number of planes exceeds the number of gates.

YVR-LAS this morning apparently had 5 empty seats.
I think you're talking about a different bus service
yyznomad likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I don't know if this was mentioned before but the new US/Int'l -> Domestic connections at YVR has been totally re-done.

Separate customs, no bus. Really streamlined (and welcomed).
Do you mean YYZ? Or both?

What is the situation now at YYZ?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Do you mean YYZ? Or both?

In both cases, you stay upstairs, go through immigration, then exit in domestic just past security.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RangerNS
YYZ International Arrivals
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Trying to complete online check-in for YUL-YYZ-TLV tomorrow, keeps giving me an error, says I must see an airport agent.
This is the first time something like this has happened to me when flying with Air Canada, but I assume it is so that the agent can validate / check my travel documents (& entry eligibility to Israel).
This is my first international flight since covid.

Anyone with a recent, similar experience?

'2k6
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Trying to complete online check-in for YUL-YYZ-TLV tomorrow, keeps giving me an error, says I must see an airport agent.
This is the first time something like this has happened to me when flying with Air Canada, but I assume it is so that the agent can validate / check my travel documents (& entry eligibility to Israel).
This is my first international flight since covid.

Anyone with a recent, similar experience?

'2k6
I flew last week YQM, YYZ, MLE via DOH. Yes they wanted to see the covid vaccine record and also the negative PCR test too at the check in before they would check me in. Once it was done the next time they asked for it was at DOH to MLE. Same procedure plus an additional health declaration for Maldives.
rafi2k6 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:53 pm

Apparently the MCT at YYT for AC-AC domestic flights is 20 minutes. Am I totally insane for considering a YUL-YYT-YYR itinerary with a 28-minute connection?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Apparently the MCT at YYT for AC-AC domestic flights is 20 minutes. Am I totally insane for considering a YUL-YYT-YYR itinerary with a 28-minute connection?
I've done that many times without issue. The YYR flight usually boards 10/15min out.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
I've done that many times without issue. The YYR flight usually boards 10/15min out.
Adam Smith
DOOOO IT. You know you want to.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
The concern is more the OTP of the inbound than being able to get from gate to gate. If the inbound is on time, sure, no problem.

I might give it a go.
yyznomad and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.