Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acysb87
FA went to someone at row 4 and asked them to move to back of Barbie Jet last evening (YYZ/YSB)
Flight was near capacity but required to leave gate
Is that the CRJ?

Row 4 is reserved for crew rest, and those seats are only released if no other seats are available. I'd think it more likely someone decided to sit in the wide-open row, rather than their assigned seat, and then got scolded for it.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is that the CRJ?

Row 4 is reserved for crew rest, and those seats are only released if no other seats are available. I'd think it more likely someone decided to sit in the wide-open row, rather than their assigned seat, and then got scolded for it.
No J seats, a CRA (IIRC). No J seats to YSB

Passengers were 4AC. 4DF were indeed saved for crew and designated as such.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
As with all op-ups, non-revs have priorit
But I don't have the full algorithm in front of me, so I don't know whether it would prefer moving 4 people from row 12 to J, or moving 1 from 12 to J and 1 from 27 to 12.
You've got access to the JZA W&B tool as well?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
No J seats, a CRA (IIRC). No J seats to YSB

Passengers were 4AC. 4DF were indeed saved for crew and designated as such.
CRJ is a 50 seat all-Y. CR9 (formerly CRA) is the larger version with a J cabin.

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
You've got access to the JZA W&B tool as well?
I don't have access to anything. Nor do I care to analyze weights.

But I do know roughly how PDM operates when it's fed the details for an unbalanced aircraft.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:26 pm

Oct. 18
AC108 YVR-YYZ B789 Full or close to it.
AC8332 YYZ-YYG E75 72 pax. 1 empty in J a few empty in the back
Oct. 21
AC7462 YUL-YYG E75 42 pax
AC7461 YYG-YUL E75 52 pax 1 empty in J
AC311 YUL-YVR B737 149 pax. J was full.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
YYZ Transborder now has priority lines
yyznomad, SKYEG and yyztozag like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:59 pm

Travelled recently on AC660 YUL-YHZ with wife and toddler daughter on an Aeroplan business class redemption. J cabin was full.

Uneventful flight with good airplane/cabin (A220) and service. The plated in-flight meal (omelette, fruits, yoghurt) with silver cutlery and glassware was more than expected for such a short flight, even in J. I had breakfast for free at one of the Priority Pass participating restaurants at YUL prior to the flight but still finished the in-flight omelette.

Last edited by hoipolloi; Oct 25, 2021 at 6:38 am
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:21 pm

Everyone seemed to be talking about the bad weather at YVR today. I think it moved south.

Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
AC been completely full in J on the usual western triangle, eastern commuters and transcons the last three months for me. Sometimes with non revs. Y is much more emptier on transcon/western but on the eastern routes they are always almost completely sold out. In Y too. especially the YOW-YUL on the twice daily q400. Jam packed with elites and always full... They should just keep it CR9 all four flights, not two q400 two cr9 lol. Probably many SE's that would appreciate access to J, even though it's a short flight.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
AC Y+ during covid (service levels)

Hello all,

I'm booked into Y+ on the YYZ-TLV flight for November 7th.

I'm just curious what to expect from it, especially during covid.
I'm hoping they still provide the larger pillow / blanket and J catering.

Regards,
'2k6

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 25, 2021 at 10:35 am Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Travelled recently on AC660 YUL-YHZ with wife and toddler daughter on an Aeroplan business class redemption. J cabin was full.

Uneventful flight with good airplane/cabin (A220) and service. The plated in-flight meal (omelette, fruits, yoghurt) with silver cutlery and glassware was more than expected for such a short flight, even in J.
YYZYUL is shorter and is always hot breakfast (and apparently, now YYZYOW hot bkfst has returned!), so I would've been surprised if mainline YULYHZ didn't have hot breakfast!
Glad to hear you had a pleasant (ok, uneventful) flight!
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: AC 75K
Trying to book a return ticket from Spain to YOW in mid-November and it's really hard to find an AC option on a Sat or Sun that is not unreasonably long (25+ hours) or exorbitantly expensive. I bit the bullet and am flying TAP out of YUL on the way there, but trying to find a decent option for the way back is tough with the reduced frequencies and everything being funnelled through LHR/FRA/CDG (and a few others).
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Trying to book a return ticket from Spain to YOW in mid-November and it's really hard to find an AC option on a Sat or Sun that is not unreasonably long (25+ hours) or exorbitantly expensive. I bit the bullet and am flying TAP out of YUL on the way there, but trying to find a decent option for the way back is tough with the reduced frequencies and everything being funnelled through LHR/FRA/CDG (and a few others).
Even in pre-pandemic times, I wanted to give my TATL business to AC, but on several occasions I ended up booking revenue C-cabins on other *A carriers to skip over the pond.
There were times where, even with a Europe Lat pass, I would forego using pass credits for a trip where I could find near same or even cheaper revenue C prices.
WesternCDN likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
You can regularly find really cheap J tickets from DUB or AMS. The trouble is that AC isn't flying to the latter until pre-Christmas (IIRC) and neither are *A hubs.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by yyztozag
You can regularly find really cheap J tickets from DUB or AMS. The trouble is that AC isn't flying to the latter until pre-Christmas (IIRC) and neither are *A hubs.
Yeah, guess it's just the time of year coupled with continued Covid reductions. No longer summer and not peak holiday season either. Even trying to find *A connections out of BCN though is tough, in Y or J. Keeps trying to route me through LIS with a 5+ hour layover, similar results even with Skyteam carriers through CDG or AMS. The only reasonably option is Royal Air Maroc via CMN but I'm hesitant to transfer there given the Canadian Government is only just allowing flights to resume.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.