Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Just the mrs today. I m still in Europe. Thankfully flying back QR
They are now being held hostage for almost an hour on board in YYZ because "customs hall is full"
This seems to be pretty common. My family came back from LA and we’re kept on board for 45 minutes due to busy customs hall.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
My first flight since teh rabies.
Jumping in off the deep end, TATL.
Pleased with the lack of lines and that the MLL is back open, but I feel that 19/20 sentences out of my mouth are "I can see you are talking to me but ¯\_()_/¯"
Give him credit, the Priority check-in guy wrote down everything, which is more than I can say for any other encounter I had this week, and sent me over to Aisle 3 for "assistance". I would have skipped it but I thought maybe it would expedite the Xray step }:-) There wasn't any wait but I am not sure there was a regular screening station where there is a wait. Out the other side of Xray, the agent with the corral of wheelchairs wanted to know if I wanted a ride, because that's what Assistance is, I guess. (Preferred to walk, and keep my distance.) Enjoying a glass of wine in the MLL after (counts on fingers AND toes) 19 months.
streetcircusdan likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:03 pm

Has anyone been able to checkin and have BP issued outside of 24hrs? On 014....

Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by mileageking

Yeah, a bunch of times.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by yyztozag
Yeah, a bunch of times.
Cool. BPs show up in app same time?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Yeah, a bunch of times.
So if I walk into YYZ T1 today (Monday) and check-in for the first flight on my itinerary, which is a YYZYVR flight on Wednesday afternoon, I'm going to get my boarding pass for that flight?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Cool. BPs show up in app same time?
I hadn’t really used the AC app up until this year, so I’m not sure, but I guess they would if you were already checked in.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
So if I walk into YYZ T1 today (Monday) and check-in for the first flight on my itinerary, which is a YYZYVR flight on Wednesday afternoon, I'm going to get my boarding pass for that flight?
No, it only works within 24h of the first leg (regardless of the dep time of subsequent legs), at least in my experience.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:49 am

I hadn’t really used the AC app up until this year, so I’m not sure, but I guess they would if you were already checked in.
Thanks. Mine ism't showing in APP. Maybe has to do with checkin and/or BP issued >24hrs or that it was done through airport system vs web/online (even though I wasn't at any airport at the time).

Get this error msg in APP:

yyztozag likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So I noticed that my SFO-YYZ for Thanksgiving is J2. I figured I'd check the loads for AC 740 for every day between now and the 8th (my flight).

They're all 16J 7M8s.

The emptiest J cabin is J6.

Mean is 2.8
Median is 3

Three flights are full in J.

Overall load factors range from 70% to high 90s.

It certainly seems like people are flying, and I think this flight could support a 788.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Just popping in after a long absence from FT since I wasn't flying anywhere. I was booking a last minute trip to YVR for Friday, and one of the options included a trip on an 220 as well as a refurbished 330. Unfortunately I would have had a 40 minute connection in Montreal, and if the two flights were at opposite ends of the airport (I don't know what gates 220s use in Montreal; the satellite terminal?) I would be running to make my connection if the first flight was delayed.

Another time, I guess.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by islandcub1
Just popping in after a long absence from FT since I wasn't flying anywhere. I was booking a last minute trip to YVR for Friday, and one of the options included a trip on an 220 as well as a refurbished 330. Unfortunately I would have had a 40 minute connection in Montreal, and if the two flights were at opposite ends of the airport (I don't know what gates 220s use in Montreal; the satellite terminal?) I would be running to make my connection if the first flight was delayed.

Another time, I guess.
Just FYI 220s are not at satellite gates at yul 👌🏼
islandcub1 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Codyul
Just FYI 220s are not at satellite gates at yul 👌🏼
When would they ever be? Isnt that terminal mainly used for turboprops etc.?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
When would they ever be? Isnt that terminal mainly used for turboprops etc.?
Correct, however there are 2 gates with bridges that could be used for up to B737. First Air and Air Inuit come to mind when i pass through. I'm not sure if there has been a gate fit for the BCS3. But AC wouldn't be using them anyway unless it's a last resort.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YYZtoHKG
Correct, however there are 2 gates with bridges that could be used for up to B737. First Air and Air Inuit come to mind when i pass through. I'm not sure if there has been a gate fit for the BCS3. But AC wouldn't be using them anyway unless it's a last resort.
​​​​I believe I saw an AC 223 out there a couple weeks ago. I don't remember where it was going; I think I was in a hurry to get to the lounge for lunch between my YZV and YBG flights. TS was also definitely boarding a 321neo out there during those few days I was there.

I just came in at one of the bridge gates a couple hours ago, and the 223 is definitely included on the list of aircraft types and which position to park them at.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 30, 2021 at 8:13 am Reason: Corrected typo
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: AC 75K
Just got off 8900 (YUL-YQM) on an E75. Boarded from gate 17 at the satellite using the jet bridge. There was an Air Inuit 737-300 parked next door but couldn’t see if they had the bridge hooked up. 8900 was pretty light this morning, only 3 in J and maybe 25% full in Y. Flew it as part of a segment run YOW-YUL-YQM-YYZ-YOW.

Has anyone ever connected at YQM? Doesn’t seem like there’s any option for airside connection? Had to exit and re-clear security. FWIW, nobody from NB Health was checking for travel authorizations / vaccine status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.