Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2023, 9:58 pm
Company Representative, Cowtool

Thanks to Adam Smith, I've added a couple new columns to the tax breakdown table.

If any new codes are seen, it'll send him an email so he can go research it. No other data than the two character code will be stored or transmitted.

Old Oct 31, 2023, 10:31 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The current list has been cobbled together from various sources, because IATA charges over $5K for the definitive version, and I'm not really keen on spending that

Someone has loaded a booking with the tax code CP. My quick research hasn't turned up a result. I'm working on getting a more detailed list, but so far, I don't have that one. Whoever had that booking with the CP tax, if you wouldn't mind either posting or sending me a PM to let me know what it was (there should be a description on your Aeroplan booking confirmation), it would be appreciated
Old Nov 1, 2023, 4:29 am

2x PNRs with AP rebooking a segment due to QH cancellation without me requesting/approving the change are now not showing in cowtool PNR viewer (regular and the beta link, regardless of amadeus/cowtool toggle).

Curiously, my much more complex PNR I manually pieced together and fed over the phone to rectify another QH cancellation displays without issue.

The AC app/website also doesn't prompt me to review/approve the change, so doesn't seem to be due to these changes requiring passenger acceptance or whatever. Also confirmed the PNR themselves haven't changed per the AC app and the taxes/fees seem to reflect the itinerary correctly.

I'm guessing this is more an AC tech issue rather than cowtool but flagging just in case. (It's my two Dec 24 departing PNRs in case you can creep my saved PNRs in cowtool.)
Old Nov 1, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: Any open seat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The current list has been cobbled together from various sources, because IATA charges over $5K for the definitive version, and I'm not really keen on spending that

Someone has loaded a booking with the tax code CP. My quick research hasn't turned up a result. I'm working on getting a more detailed list, but so far, I don't have that one. Whoever had that booking with the CP tax, if you wouldn't mind either posting or sending me a PM to let me know what it was (there should be a description on your Aeroplan booking confirmation), it would be appreciated
CP is the IATA code for a change fee (usually from GDS bookings). If you're able to see the amount corresponding to CP and the ticket stock on that booking, it should match up with the change fee for the ticketing airline.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by PortableCharger
CP is the IATA code for a change fee (usually from GDS bookings). If you're able to see the amount corresponding to CP and the ticket stock on that booking, it should match up with the change fee for the ticketing airline.
Change Penalty according to my google search https://live-travel.community.amadeu...geId=152862151
Old Nov 1, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PortableCharger
Thanks for a very helpful first post - welcome to FT
beltway likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
2x PNRs with AP rebooking a segment due to QH cancellation without me requesting/approving the change are now not showing in cowtool PNR viewer (regular and the beta link, regardless of amadeus/cowtool toggle).

Curiously, my much more complex PNR I manually pieced together and fed over the phone to rectify another QH cancellation displays without issue.

The AC app/website also doesn't prompt me to review/approve the change, so doesn't seem to be due to these changes requiring passenger acceptance or whatever. Also confirmed the PNR themselves haven't changed per the AC app and the taxes/fees seem to reflect the itinerary correctly.

I'm guessing this is more an AC tech issue rather than cowtool but flagging just in case. (It's my two Dec 24 departing PNRs in case you can creep my saved PNRs in cowtool.)
While I'm sure I can technically "creep [your] saved PNRs", I have no easy way to do that, nor do I really want to get in that habit 😂.

Mind dropping me a PM? If it shows up properly elsewhere, it should show up properly here.

Right now, the beta site is the same as the main one. In general, unless I'm actively working on a risky new feature, it's more likely to be out of date.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:52 pm

Ive been having issues with the AC website after my booking was changed. After the change, it wasnt ticketed properly and luckily I saw the error on the cowtool PNR viewer, called in and got that resolved.

After that, I still cant view my booking on the AC website. If I click the booking from the list view, it loads infinitely. On the mobile app, I can see the itinerary and seats. And neither one lets me access seat selection, showing this error:

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)GEN_001

On the cowtool PNR viewer, Im having the same issue posted above so Im guessing this an issue on the AC side. It wont let me post an image since my account is new but its the same error as above:

Error displaying flight segments

Hopefully all is good with my booking as its coming up next week🤞.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by LyricalMonkey
Ive been having issues with the AC website after my booking was changed. After the change, it wasnt ticketed properly and luckily I saw the error on the cowtool PNR viewer, called in and got that resolved.

After that, I still cant view my booking on the AC website. If I click the booking from the list view, it loads infinitely. On the mobile app, I can see the itinerary and seats. And neither one lets me access seat selection, showing this error:

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)GEN_001

On the cowtool PNR viewer, Im having the same issue posted above so Im guessing this an issue on the AC side. It wont let me post an image since my account is new but its the same error as above:

Error displaying flight segments

Hopefully all is good with my booking as its coming up next week🤞.
If cowtool is not displaying segments, then my assumption is either:
1. You've flown them all already
2. Something is broken with cowtool; check AC.com
3. Something is seriously broken with your PNR

If they haven't been flown, and you can't pull it up on AC, I'm pretty confident it's #3.

I'm happy to take a look if you PM me the details, but I think your time is better spent calling AC (if it was cash) or Aeroplan (points).
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:04 pm

Thanks to an anonymous FTer who sent me a link to another document with tax codes. I also found a number of additional sources that helped fill in a lot of gaps.

Two that I haven't been able to figure out:
  • S6
  • T2

If your booking contains those or you have any information, please let me know
canadiancow and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 8:07 pm

In addition to Adam's hard work, I've made a few minor fixes/tweaks in the past week or so.

But a lot of changes have gone in relating to EK (since I finally have a booking...)

1. It now has a link to manage your booking (you'll still need to type in the reference/name) and check-in (you won't need to type anything in). I can't believe I somehow missed such a fun Aeroplan partner there.
2. The Bad Booking Detector is out of beta. It will no longer offer the re-accommodation link for issues it won't be able to handle.
3. The basic EK ticketing issue I added a while back has been enhanced:

I don't know if a Z fare basis would work on the F segment. I do know that an O fare basis won't work on either.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Thanks to an anonymous FTer who sent me a link to another document with tax codes. I also found a number of additional sources that helped fill in a lot of gaps.

Two that I haven't been able to figure out:
  • S6
  • T2

If your booking contains those or you have any information, please let me know

S6 - Infrastructure Charge
T2 - GACA Services Charge
TX1 entries looked similar.

In case you ever need/want it: there's much (much) more info for these and other codes, including the ability to do historical searches.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 12:24 am

With my Q4 schedule consisting of basically "every weekend out of town", I am seeing a lot more things that cowtool is not doing as well as it could.

Here is another new feature. Two bookings. One in a few weeks, and one more than a month away.

JacFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by cowtool
If cowtool is not displaying segments, then my assumption is either:
1. You've flown them all already
2. Something is broken with cowtool; check AC.com
3. Something is seriously broken with your PNR

If they haven't been flown, and you can't pull it up on AC, I'm pretty confident it's #3.

I'm happy to take a look if you PM me the details, but I think your time is better spent calling AC (if it was cash) or Aeroplan (points).
Thanks for offering help with this cowtool. I was finally able to get through to Aeroplan today and they assured me all is good with the booking. Rep tried to load it on the website on her end and had the same issue as me (endless loading booking details screen). She also sent me a pdf of the ticketing confirmation again. She said its most likely a tech issue on the AC side and I told her to report it to their tech team.

I'm thinking it might actually be some issue with their site/api. I have been having lots of weird glitches and broken sections on their site over the past month. Maybe while they are working on the beta site, they broke things on the current site/api, which is also not allowing these segments to load in your PNR viewer for specific bookings. But who knows? 🤷‍♂️
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:10 pm

I'd still be curious to see it. If it's big and complicated, it might just be timing out, and I have some control over that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.