Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Dec 16, 2023, 4:24 pm
Company Representative, Cowtool

Oh, I just realized the SQD link doesn't take fare brand into account, so it probably won't work in many cases. I'll fix that ... sometime.

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
FR: somehow display departure date/time more prominently than arrival date/time. (Showing the arrival date/time in a darker shade, using a smaller text, highlighting the departure date/time, whatever.)

Apparently I'm not all that attentive and have mistaken the arrival date for departure date multiple times in the past.
Done.

I've also highlighted the distance if the source isn't the new Aeroplan, so people aren't confused when they receive a different number of miles.

Old Dec 16, 2023, 6:19 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cowtool
What is ACV supposed to earn? Is it always 50%?
No clue. They seem vague on it. I know Iíll earn 25% SQD on the whole package cost but of course the tool could never account for that.

Flight portion they just say that youíll earn SQM but not sure if I saw an amount quoted. But tool showed 0, actually earned 50% and got my SE bonus of 100% (of the 50%).

Not sure if this is really ďfixableĒ though as it may be a quirk of how ACV books the tickets vs. how they credit.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by wjw
No clue. They seem vague on it. I know I’ll earn 25% SQD on the whole package cost but of course the tool could never account for that.

Flight portion they just say that you’ll earn SQM but not sure if I saw an amount quoted. But tool showed 0, actually earned 50% and got my SE bonus of 100% (of the 50%).

Not sure if this is really “fixable” though as it may be a quirk of how ACV books the tickets vs. how they credit.
I'd really need to see the PNR for an active ACV booking to do this "right" (so if anyone has one...).

Though I could just assume F class will always earn 50%.

Edit: I've updated it to treat F as Standard.

Last edited by cowtool; Dec 17, 2023 at 4:41 pm
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:45 pm
wjw

I'd really need to see the PNR for an active ACV booking to do this "right" (so if anyone has one...).

Though I could just assume F class will always earn 50%.

Edit: I've updated it to treat F as Standard.
Iíll pm you mine now, only good until tomorrow though as thatís the return flight.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by wjw
I’ll pm you mine now, only good until tomorrow though as that’s the return flight.
Thanks.

The only thing that obviously stands out is the fare basis: F0ACV1

But to be honest, I think keeping "F" as "Standard" will work just as well, with less hassle than hoping no random fare contains "ACV" in it.

Your PNR shows 50% now, by the way

But the SQD is almost certainly wrong. I'm not sure I want to "fix" that.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:58 pm
wjw

Thanks.

The only thing that obviously stands out is the fare basis: F0ACV1

But to be honest, I think keeping "F" as "Standard" will work just as well, with less hassle than hoping no random fare contains "ACV" in it.

Your PNR shows 50% now, by the way

But the SQD is almost certainly wrong. I'm not sure I want to "fix" that.
Yeah SQD Iím sure is wrong, but I canít imagine that the flight portion of the booking could ever figure out the 25% on the whole cost of the trip, which is how I understand the new SQD thing working with ACV.

I have absolutely no idea when/what that will post at, but I already made $20k and am flush with priority rewards so Iím not worried about it.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:57 pm

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
Feature request: Ability to login after popup for expired auth token.
Rational: When returning after the page is idle I get the popup for the AWS SDK and another popup for the expired auth token. At this point I'm not logged in, but also have no ability to login. If I refresh the browser the login form appears.

A potentially useful workaround would just be a link back to cowtool.com on the PNR checker (and other tool) page.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:55 am

Just some reassurance for future readers in case they get reticketed by a partner and consequently face the bad booking warning:

I was flying on a 6 segement aeroplan one-way, with one stopover. While on the stopover (after flight #4), about 5 days prior to my next segment, I received an email from TG that flight #6 was cancelled and I was rescheduled to the same flight one day later, effectively giving me a second stopover as the gap between flight #5 and flight #6 increased from 12 hours to 36 hours. No communication from Aeroplan and I didn't bother trying to change it. More time in Bangkok = time for another foot massage.

From cowtool, I could see my cancelled flight changed to status UN and my new flight was TK (not HK like the others). Cowtool bad booking warning in scary red letters was engaged, telling me to call travel agent / Aeroplan / Air Canada to fix my ticket.

I also couldn't OLCI into flight #6, despite being able to do so for flight #5, adding to the worry.

I arrived at the airport early just in case it might be due to the reticketing rather than simply due to a routine visa check (flying into mainland china on pre-pandemic visa).

Despite not calling AP to get rid of the UN segment or do anything to otherwise fix the ticket, thankfully no issues at all checking into flight #6 at airport and got from curb to J check-in, security, exit immigration, and TG lounge in under 5 minutes
allbrosca likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:56 am

Oh, I just realized the SQD link doesn't take fare brand into account, so it probably won't work in many cases. I'll fix that ... sometime.
Okay, this has been fixed (but you'll need to reload the PNR for the link to be updated).

It actually passes the entire fare basis through now, since the calculator has all the logic to extract the brand.
unclepants likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
This could also go under the changes thread but cowtool shows a warning as well, so here goes.

The wife and kids are flying back to Canada around a week after I am, very similar itineraries for both, and both show the same warning on the AC website.

Depending on where I click, it shows either "no changes" (see the very last image), or this:

When I click on "Change", this happens:

Cowtool PNR lookup says this:

​​​​​​From what I can tell, the only change is the KIX - YVR flight, which now leaves 5 minutes earlier. No biggie, no effect on ultimate departure or arrival times, and the self-reaccommodation system link (and the other mode of clicking through the app) shows the following:

My concern is twofold. First, the warnings on the app and cowtool make me a little nervous. Second, I wonder if I can leverage this into a nicer (one-connection) itinerary. The latter is probably a no, but I am genuinely concerned about the former.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 26, 2023, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
A single TK segment will generate that message (there has been a schedule change), but that's completely flyable. It would probably auto accept at some point, but if you're ever on the phone, you could get them to clean it up.

You're not going to get anything better unless it's operated by AC or has X/I space, but depending on the agent, you might be able to change it.
bambinomartino likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:16 pm

Programs: AC*SE
When it comes to cross referencing two bookings, any idea why sometimes it shoes up in the "Associated Bookings" (seemingly when a PNR has been split) and at other times they say they've made the backend notes but it doesn't appear anywhere?
Old Dec 28, 2023, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Associated references are for divided PNRs.

You don't get that if you link two PNRs.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Are there issues with the PNR tool loading 014 bookings that include two or more segments on DB (German railway)? I get "an error occurred" and am somewhat puzzled why. Note that the trip departs in XHJ (Aachen-FRA-YVR-YYC) and returns to DTZ (YYC-YVR-FRA-Dortmund) but that shouldn't be an issue, not sure.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by quandide
Are there issues with the PNR tool loading 014 bookings that include two or more segments on DB (German railway)? I get "an error occurred" and am somewhat puzzled why. Note that the trip departs in XHJ (Aachen-FRA-YVR-YYC) and returns to DTZ (YYC-YVR-FRA-Dortmund) but that shouldn't be an issue, not sure.
Are you able to get it to work on PNRs with only one DB segments? If so I would be surprised since this PNR viewing tool is probably not designed to display itineraries other than flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.