Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife's status is now wrong, again.

Context: she had 50k status until end of February. She qualified and got 35k status. However, pretty much as soon as the window opened on March 2, I gifted her lifetime 50k status (from my 2 MM package). 50k status immediately reflected on aircanada.com etc. But somehow the cowtool shows her as 35k still.

Incidentally for our flights on March 1, boarding passes etc still reflected 50k even though it should have lapsed by then and I could not yet gift her the lifetime status until the following day.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
My wife's status is now wrong, again.

Context: she had 50k status until end of February. She qualified and got 35k status. However, pretty much as soon as the window opened on March 2, I gifted her lifetime 50k status (from my 2 MM package). 50k status immediately reflected on aircanada.com etc. But somehow the cowtool shows her as 35k still.

Incidentally for our flights on March 1, boarding passes etc still reflected 50k even though it should have lapsed by then and I could not yet gift her the lifetime status until the following day.
This is just pulling the status off the PNR. Pre-Amadeus, that status was set when you added the number, and never again. I'm not sure exactly how Amadeus does it.

DCS fetches it on its own ~4 days before departure, so a flight on March 1 would show status from Feb ~26.

I suspect if you remove her number (or change it to UA if you can't remove it) and then add it back, it will show up correctly.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:15 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
(how do I know if something is a SAS Go Light fare?)
Perhaps it's like AC where the last couple digits of the fare basis will tell you?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Perhaps it's like AC where the last couple digits of the fare basis will tell you?
Great let me go buy a non refundable fare to test it out!
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:01 am

This is just pulling the status off the PNR. Pre-Amadeus, that status was set when you added the number, and never again. I'm not sure exactly how Amadeus does it.

DCS fetches it on its own ~4 days before departure, so a flight on March 1 would show status from Feb ~26.

I suspect if you remove her number (or change it to UA if you can't remove it) and then add it back, it will show up correctly.
I had a flight booked from when I was E50K and it still showed this status. I removed my number, added it back, and yes, it then showed SE.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I had a flight booked from when I was E50K and it still showed this status. I removed my number, added it back, and yes, it then showed SE.
I don't see an option to remove the aeroplan number from a booking, either on aircanada.com or on the app. Only change seats, or cancel.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:21 am

I don't see an option to remove the aeroplan number from a booking, either on aircanada.com or on the app. Only change seats, or cancel.
I did it through Update Travel Preferences under pax name. Seem to recall I had to firstly remove the number, save, then add again.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I did it through Update Travel Preferences under pax name. Seem to recall I had to firstly remove the number, save, then add again.
Indeed, that works.

However after that the cowtool still shows her as 35k... While aircanada.com validated the 50k status.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Indeed, that works.

However after that the cowtool still shows her as 35k... While aircanada.com validated the 50k status.
What do you mean "validated" ?

I know this is a lot to ask, but if you have some time and want to call res and ask what status it shows her as on the PNR, I'd be curious.

My suspicion is the PNR will still say E35K even if they can separately pull her up as E50K.

Or send me the reference and I'll see if it's possible I'm making a mistake, but I'm confident the data is sending "F" or I wouldn't be showing E35K.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you mean "validated" ?
When you enter a new AE number (i.e. reneter, have previously removed and saved), it gets "validated." The web interface says it's "validates," and then it shows status. And it correctly shows 50k status.

I know this is a lot to ask, but if you have some time and want to call res and ask what status it shows her as on the PNR, I'd be curious.

My suspicion is the PNR will still say E35K even if they can separately pull her up as E50K.
It showd 50k on the file before I removed, and continues showing 50k after I reentered. And so does it on the app, and on my account (we are both on the same PNR).

Or send me the reference and I'll see if it's possible I'm making a mistake, but I'm confident the data is sending "F" or I wouldn't be showing E35K.
Sure.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:23 am

Indeed, that works.

For me the tool instantly updated, this was also a booking made prior to amadeus, perhaps a factor.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

PNR says she's *S.

AC.com might be pulling it from one place, but Amadeus is getting it from another.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PNR says she's *S.

AC.com might be pulling it from one place, but Amadeus is getting it from another.

Shows correct this morning. Did you change something overnight or did AC finaly transmit the updated status to Amadeus?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Shows correct this morning. Did you change something overnight or did AC finaly transmit the updated status to Amadeus?
I did nothing.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
2. The AQM % column. At the moment, I don't want to hear about unless:
a. The number is just wrong.
I'm not sure you'd be able to correct for it. But on an AC TATL flight with LH/OS connections booked Lat/B on all segments; however, the AC segments eUpgraded show AQM properly even though RBD is "R"; however, the other segments show 0% now that RBD is "I" after a Star Alliance upgrade.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by yowcat; Mar 10, 2020 at 1:47 pm Reason: More Detail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.