Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
@canadiancow this works better than AC's website. Thanks! I expect an employment offer from AC IT soon.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
@canadiancow this works better than AC's website. Thanks! I expect an employment offer from AC IT soon.
Not that he would take it. :-)
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Not that he would take it. :-)
For enough money I'd do anything that won't get me arrested.

The bigger issue would be the terms. I'm not leaving SFO.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
For enough money I'd do anything that won't get me arrested.

The bigger issue would be the terms. I'm not leaving SFO.
Remember that one of our own former FTers (and Evangelist at that) is now a VP at AC. But he didn't live in SFO.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Would he accept $15/hr though?

This is a great tool to keep track of otherwise untrackable Aeroplan bookings!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Every time I go load a booking I'm amazed at the new functionality. I nominate CowTool for Best Airline Website award of 2020!
Bohemian1 and RangerNS like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Would he accept $15/hr though?

This is a great tool to keep track of otherwise untrackable Aeroplan bookings!
You give AC too much credit, $15/hour is already within the top 5% range of their employee compensation.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:34 am
Original Poster

How about we stop derailing this thread discussing the minimum wage that has no connection to technical corporate jobs, and get back to something more productive like feature requests and bug reports
Stranger and secretalcoholic like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:41 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
How about we stop derailing this thread discussing the minimum wage that has no connection to technical corporate jobs, and get back to something more productive like feature requests and bug reports
What's next? Cow-Jira?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
In the spirit of Cow's request....

First of all, thanks for this too, cow. It's providing great insights and especially helpful for replacing my AQD guestimation.

I have a question about partner PNRs though. I have an upcoming trip on AC with a segment on UA (YYZ-LAS / LAS-DEN-YYZ), and the tool isn't showing the UA PNR. Should it, or can it, or am I missing something?

I had to call in to AC on something else and asked the agent for the UA PNR, and he told me it would be the same as the AC PNR. United's website begs to differ and proclaims my AC PNR as invalid as far as it's concerned.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
This is not related to the tool, but can anyone explain how I fix the following:

I am flying YHZ-YUL-BOS on Saturday morning, and BOS-YHZ on Saturday evening, but for some reason the reservation appears as YHZ-YUL, and then YUL-BOS-YHZ as the return flight (note it assumes I am connecting in BOS with an 8:40 connection time). I know that when I go to check in it will only let me check-in to the YHZ-YUL segment.

It appears correctly on the Trips tab on the app, but appears like the above on the website both under "My Bookings" and "Eupgrade"
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
I had to call in to AC on something else and asked the agent for the UA PNR, and he told me it would be the same as the AC PNR. United's website begs to differ and proclaims my AC PNR as invalid as far as it's concerned.

Agent is wrong. However at least in the past one could see these PNRs on other airlines on aircanada.com. Cow? :-)
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
This is not related to the tool, but can anyone explain how I fix the following:

I am flying YHZ-YUL-BOS on Saturday morning, and BOS-YHZ on Saturday evening, but for some reason the reservation appears as YHZ-YUL, and then YUL-BOS-YHZ as the return flight (note it assumes I am connecting in BOS with an 8:40 connection time). I know that when I go to check in it will only let me check-in to the YHZ-YUL segment.

It appears correctly on the Trips tab on the app, but appears like the above on the website both under "My Bookings" and "Eupgrade"
It's likely inferring a destination, but your 8 hour turn is confusing it. And by "it", I mean Amadeus.

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
In the spirit of Cow's request....

First of all, thanks for this too, cow. It's providing great insights and especially helpful for replacing my AQD guestimation.

I have a question about partner PNRs though. I have an upcoming trip on AC with a segment on UA (YYZ-LAS / LAS-DEN-YYZ), and the tool isn't showing the UA PNR. Should it, or can it, or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Stranger
Agent is wrong. However at least in the past one could see these PNRs on other airlines on aircanada.com. Cow? :-)

It does show them if they're available.

If they aren't showing, then they're not available on your PNR, so I can see why an agent would say "it's the same".

You might have to call UA and give your ticket number, but this could be a symptom of a problem with your booking.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
It's likely inferring a destination, but your 8 hour turn is confusing it. And by "it", I mean Amadeus.
It also would be cabbotage, wouldn't it? I guess Amadeus is ok with that....

How do I tell AC how to fix it?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
You might have to call UA and give your ticket number, but this could be a symptom of a problem with your booking.
I called UA and they were able to get their PNR by tracking me down by flight number and date. So I guess it's an AC-side IT glitch. (Unprecedented!)

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.