Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
It also would be cabbotage, wouldn't it? I guess Amadeus is ok with that....

How do I tell AC how to fix it?
Fix what?

Nothing's broken.

And no, for AC to commit cabotage, at a very minimum, would require two US stops on a PNR. You only have one.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

I'm working on something new. It will figure out how much AQM you'll earn. I haven't deployed this yet though.

It's working perfectly for every airline with simple accumulation (i.e. fare-class based percentages).

I've done a lot for AC, but I also know I have more work left. Like Standard domestic vs international.

And I haven't even begun airlines that have different charts for dom/int or EU/int.

But the goal is for this to show you your total earnings for a booking, which has been enough of a pain point around here that there's a 220+ post thread on the front page with another great solution: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...miles-aqd.html

But if I can automate that whole thing for ticketed PNRs, it should save a few keystrokes.

I might look into having some kind of beta of this once I at least THINK I'm done, because I'm sure there are going to be some inaccuracies given all the complexities of AQM/D earnings.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Wow. Getting the AQD and AQM in one place alongside all the reservation information makes this tool a one-stop shop. Fantastic work!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:36 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah the branded fares thing and DOM versus INT versus whatever will be fun, especially for other *A airlines. But I was thinking along the same lines as soon as I saw your tool had the mileage tables added. I just wasn't sure how big a lift that would be for you. This reminds me of a US sales tax calculator engine one of my retail customers used to use - freakin' complex with a ton of lookups.

But I'm sure you will have no shortage of willing Beta testers when the time comes!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Adam's spreadsheet already does all this, so the work is done.

I just need to steal a few tables. Or sheets or whatever they're called.

But that will take more time than I was willing to invest tonight between work and other commitments.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
How about we stop derailing this thread discussing the minimum wage that has no connection to technical corporate jobs, and get back to something more productive like feature requests and bug reports
Can the tool tell me how many EUPS I need to upgrade to PE and J, and what my window is? (would also be cool if it could send an email or notification when set window opens with a deep link to ac.com to upgrade)

Last edited by recreationaltimetraveller; Mar 4, 2020 at 10:28 pm Reason: missing to
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Can the tool tell me how many EUPS I need to upgrade to PE and J, and what my window is? (would also be cool if it could send an email or notification when set window opens with a deep link to ac.com to upgrade)
Deep link is easy. I have that on my internal version. But it has issues if you don't have the right cookies set, so I haven't deployed it to the public version.

Telling you how many eUps are required might be easy. It's a good suggestion.

Sending emails? That requires storing information. This is currently a stateless "serverless" API. I'd have to worry about GDPR and other nonsense. No thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Okay fine.

https://api.ft.canadiancow.com/pnr/pnr?beta=beta

You now have access to two things:

1. If you have an AC FQTV, there's an eUp link. If it doesn't work, it's because of cookies. I don't want to hear about it.
2. The AQM % column. At the moment, I don't want to hear about unless:
a. The number is just wrong.
b. You're on an airline where EVERY fare class is ALWAYS the same percentage, and it's wrong or says "???"
c. You're on AC in Flex or higher and the number is wrong or says "???"
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Sending emails? That requires storing information. This is currently a stateless "serverless" API. I'd have to worry about GDPR and other nonsense. No thanks.
I feel your pain but would love to see some functionality that would require storage. Are you sure you won't consider a private JSON output so we could build our own tools on your good work?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yowcat
I feel your pain but would love to see some functionality that would require storage. Are you sure you won't consider a private JSON output so we could build our own tools on your good work?
As I mentioned previously, I can't share the raw data.

Let me rethink the storage aspect. My schedule change notifier is mostly stateless, but stores an email and an OAuth key for TripIt.

I think I'd be comfortable here with an email and list of [PNR, last name] if there were some useful ideas.

Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Back to this, one of my never-published "cowtools" that stopped working after Amadeus was an eUp auto-requester. I didn't manually request my eUpgrades. I just added them to a system that would automatically request them the second the window opened.

I don't think I can get that working for general availability due to the OTP though.

If I start to store data, an email would be possible.
yowcat likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
I had also started working on one, pre-amadeus but gave up when everything changed over.

One thought around getting around PII/CCPA/GDPR would be using the browser push-notification system so that the E-UP reminder was tied to the PNR but no PII. When the user pulls the PNR, they could opt into the upgrade reminder and then just schedule the push notification for a later time. This would break if the booking changes but would largely solve the problem.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Well I was trying to finish up the AQM multipliers, but of course Aeroplan, my source for the information, is down.

I think I have AC good to go, so if anyone notices incorrect (or ???) values for AC flights, let me know.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Well I was trying to finish up the AQM multipliers, but of course Aeroplan, my source for the information, is down.

I think I have AC good to go, so if anyone notices incorrect (or ???) values for AC flights, let me know.
Other than the update to AV that Bohemian1 posted earlier, all the multipliers in the spreadsheet should be correct.

Will you eventually make the AQM/AQD calculator available as a separate function so that those wanting to preview AQx before booking, or without entering a PNR, can do so? (By manually entering airports/fares like in the Excel sheet). Or for now will it just do it for extant bookings?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Other than the update to AV that Bohemian1 posted earlier, all the multipliers in the spreadsheet should be correct.

Will you eventually make the AQM/AQD calculator available as a separate function so that those wanting to preview AQx before booking, or without entering a PNR, can do so? (By manually entering airports/fares like in the Excel sheet). Or for now will it just do it for extant bookings?
Believe it or not, the format on Aeroplan's site is actually easier for me to translate into my code than the format in the spreadsheet

So I'll just leave it for now.

EVENTUALLY I would like to make it possible to put in all that data, but in the short-term, it will only do existing bookings.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Aeroplan is back up, and I think I have all the AQM % done (how do I know if something is a SAS Go Light fare?), and I took it out of beta.

I guess the next step is to multiply the two columns. But it's late and I'm going to bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.