Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old May 23, 2024, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by salteen
I used ITA powertools to book a one way YDF-YYZ-BOS with a 30 hour layover in YYZ. Clicking through to the AC website to purchase, the itinerary displayed and priced correctly. However, after receiving the purchase confirmation from AC, the itinerary was missing the YYZ-BOS leg, and it lists my final destination as YYZ.

On cowtool, both segments are there, but they are split as if it were a open-jaw itinerary:

Anything I need to worry about? Will it just require me to check in twice?
You can't have a 30 hour connection there. That's two separate fares. You will need to check in twice.
salteen likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 6:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
I'm noticing that SQD is showing $1 less than what ends up being credited by AC. Seems to be a rounding issue.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 2:35 pm

In terms of feature requests I personally would value, knowing full well it's too much to ask:

I'd really appreciate if either the default landing page for the tool, or more likely a bookmarkable separate page so it doesn't cause strain serving people information they're not looking for, consolidated all upcoming saved flights into one master upcoming flights table, such that overlapping or nested itineraries all appeared correctly, chronologically, all in one place, enabling one to readily check that all of their future flights have no sudden ticketing issues or flight change problems, be able to quickly retrieve upcoming flight details without needing to know which PNR a particular segment is under or needing to separately load tabs for each PNR, and be able to easily screenshot all upcoming travel details for sharing and tracking purposes.

That said, I also recognize that then may become more similar to trip planning apps like "trip it" or whatnot, except (i) browser-based rather than app-based, (ii) pulling in real time upon opening the page to be able to detect changes or issues, and (iii) providing more granular details and issue flagging than mainstream-facing apps do, in part due to being AC/AE-specific. But I don't know if this is something another travel tool already does well enough because I've yet to find one, so if one exists, please do tell me 😂

I recognize the additional strain in pulling multiple PNRs, although it may be partially offset by reducing the need to individually pull multiple PNRs separately. In terms of programming, I'm just thinking of something simple like: run on call of separate bookmarkable URL; from saved PNR table, select PNRs with first flight or last flight later than reference datetime (e.g., current datetime in EST); pull each of those selected PNRs live; for each PNR result, for each flight result, if departure datetime is after reference datetime, add to "future flight table", also add column to include PNR and partner PNR; sort table chronologically; display. Obviously may be more complex depending on how you currently handle things.✌️
Old Jun 22, 2024, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Starting late last night: none of my PNRs is loading giving the "error occurred, ..., try again". Not sure what the reason is ...
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:30 pm
Company Representative, Cowtool

Originally Posted by quandide
Starting late last night: none of my PNRs is loading giving the "error occurred, ..., try again". Not sure what the reason is ...
Thanks; gave it a bit of a kick, and it's working again.

I do need to restart something this evening though, so there might be another 10 minutes of downtime.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.