Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
On my upcoming YUL-GRU, expertflyer went from J9R2 to J5R3 in the last few days. I was able to snag 2 upgrades and spent most of Eupgrades remaining of 2019. I was very surprised that the R availability was still up when my window opened. I guess the Eupgrades were with me this time!
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
I have eupgrade credits still being held and not remitted to my account. I would love to use these sixteen eupgrade credits added back for flights I have in February. I have submitted the discrepancy form and have been told wait 30 days, we're very busy!

- Dec 2nd, 2019 transaction on the eupgrade system for Dec 5th flight. Still missing 8 credits. Submitted discrepancy form over 30 days ago.
- Jan 10th, 2020 transaction for a Jan 12th flight. Still missing 8 credits. Have not submitted the form yet but will do so now.

Has anyone had an agent re-add these to my account over the phone? (I was told not possible but YMMV). Is anyone else experiencing this? In the past, they would be added to your account soon after.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC50K 1 MM, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz 5*, NEXUS, BW Diamond Select, IHG Spire Elite
Hey guys, it has been a few years since I got back into the eUpgrade scene. In the past I was able to change my business class seat after I confirm the upgrade using the credits.
But it seems that this time (with this new system), there is no way to change seat and that I would have to call the call center to do this? Really?! (Yup, I'm on hold for the next 2 hours - according to the hold message). So I'm asking while I'm on hold, did I miss a step somewhere or was that seat change ability taken away from the eupgrade screen?
I did also did the regular looking up my booking record and try to change seat there and it is greyed out and telling me to call the customer service center for help.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canada_dude
Hey guys, it has been a few years since I got back into the eUpgrade scene. In the past I was able to change my business class seat after I confirm the upgrade using the credits.
But it seems that this time (with this new system), there is no way to change seat and that I would have to call the call center to do this? Really?! (Yup, I'm on hold for the next 2 hours - according to the hold message). So I'm asking while I'm on hold, did I miss a step somewhere or was that seat change ability taken away from the eupgrade screen?
I did also did the regular looking up my booking record and try to change seat there and it is greyed out and telling me to call the customer service center for help.

Thanks!
When you eUp is confirmed, you should be able to change seats using the "My Bookings" of the ac website.

I've been able to do that last week.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC50K 1 MM, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz 5*, NEXUS, BW Diamond Select, IHG Spire Elite
Unhappy

Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
When you eUp is confirmed, you should be able to change seats using the "My Bookings" of the ac website.

I've been able to do that last week.
Tried that, no go. It is greyed out. See pic below. Anyone else see this kind of web issue?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canada_dude
Tried that, no go. It is greyed out. See pic below. Anyone else see this kind of web issue?
Why does the flight have an alert?

It seems that changing just about anything is locked out if the ticket changes. Even 5 minute schedule changes.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS

It seems that changing just about anything is locked out if the ticket changes. Even 5 minute schedule changes.
AH!! Ok, that's why! Yes, I scrolled down and saw that a "TIME CHANGE" happened to my return segment, though I don't see any difference but like you said it could be just a few minutes. Yes it looks like it LOCKED the whole record SIGH
Well, at least now I know. Thanks guys!
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
I wonder what's going on with the back end of things. Called in last week to change the return part of an itinerary and now I can't request an eUpgrade online. Was able to request it for the outbound part of the trip when the eUpgrade window opened but can't place a request for the return leg. Yet another call to AC I guess. Feel bad for their agents having to deal with stuff that customers should be able to do online.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
First attempt at doing an eUpgrade since the system changeover. I put it in just a few minutes after the window opened, 14 days prior to the YYZ-YUL flight. I've seen people say they've emailed the Concierge and/or the Super Elite customer service inbox and have had success getting cleared. Curious if that's still the case or whether that was just right around around the time of the migration.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by RangerNS

Without a doubt this is the most useless thing I have ever seen. Massive fail. Half of my bookings are now locked due to small time changes. Not worth being on hold for hours to fix. Even flight pass bookings are affected. The flight pass page tells you to call AC reservations. Awesome work by AC. I’m sure Calin will still get his bonus.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 172pilot
Without a doubt this is the most useless thing I have ever seen. Massive fail. Half of my bookings are now locked due to small time changes. Not worth being on hold for hours to fix. Even flight pass bookings are affected. The flight pass page tells you to call AC reservations. Awesome work by AC. I’m sure Calin will still get his bonus.
There's no way a self-serve "accept changes" button isn't at or near the top of their list right now. I hope.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I attempted to do an upgrade for my dad and his significant other on a flight that shows J class as being available for upgrade, but I get this error when I attempt to process the upgrade.

"We're sorry, we're not able to process your eUpgrade request at this moment. Please ensure you are within your upgrade booking window."

The flight is 9 days from now so they are within the eUpgrade window (E50K), so I cannot figure out why this is happening! I was able to waitlist them for the flights down, but that error message keeps coming up when I try to confirm them in J class for the flights back home.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by codfather
I attempted to do an upgrade for my dad and his significant other on a flight that shows J class as being available for upgrade, but I get this error when I attempt to process the upgrade.

"We're sorry, we're not able to process your eUpgrade request at this moment. Please ensure you are within your upgrade booking window."

The flight is 9 days from now so they are within the eUpgrade window (E50K), so I cannot figure out why this is happening! I was able to waitlist them for the flights down, but that error message keeps coming up when I try to confirm them in J class for the flights back home.
Do you have enough credits expiring in 2020 for the return? That is a common problem nowadays, the system seems to only see the 2020 credit, not the 2021 credits.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by codfather

I had the same issue a few days ago. I called AC, and they insisted I was miscalculating the number of days, and that I was off by 1 day. Flight was on Jan 29, and I was upgrading on Jan 19 (past the local time the flight was scheduled). They said I need to count the day of the flight as 1 day, so I would be eligible to upgrade on Jan 20. I told them that’s not how I’ve calculated it in the past, and it has worked. I further argued that, in the past, if I was outside my window, I would have received a “Not available” message rather than “Available” or “Waitlist,” but they wouldn’t listen. Besides, the AC app was telling me my flight was 10 days later, so by their own system, I was within the window. They asked me to try again the next day, which I did (though <24 hours later) and I was able to request it successfully. I wondered it was possible the system was recognizing my pre-sweep status, but AC seemed sure that wasn’t the case. I was starting to wondering if it was just me, but seems like a glitch in the system.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jasdou
Do you have enough credits expiring in 2020 for the return? That is a common problem nowadays, the system seems to only see the 2020 credit, not the 2021 credits.
Definitely enough credits! It is quite irritating as I was able to waitlist them successfully for the flights down, but can’t confirm the upgrade for the flight back.

Stupid Amadeus I am guessing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.