Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I know an SE who just had a Flex to J eUp clear on YVR-YYZ on a 788 that was J5, 5 days out.

They're really getting aggressive with pre-clearing these.

to be clear, for SEs only?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE
I have a three segments itinerary coming up in 12 days. I was able to eUp the first segment right at T-12 days. I waited a few hours for the second segment's window to open and now I am getting a "Not available" message for that flight. It is R0 but I should still be able to waitlist. Last flight of the itinerary is R2 but I doubt I will be able to put in my eUp request online. Luckily the Twitter team came through and was able to waitlist me within minutes.

I really miss the old eUp site. Sigh.

Also, out of curiosity, I know the total number of eUp credits required to upgrade a multi-segment itinerary depends on the origin of the first flight and destination of the last flight. What happens if I only manage to upgrade the first and last segments but not the middle one?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou
I have a three segments itinerary coming up in 12 days. I was able to eUp the first segment right at T-12 days. I waited a few hours for the second segment's window to open and now I am getting a "Not available" message for that flight. It is R0 but I should still be able to waitlist. Last flight of the itinerary is R2 but I doubt I will be able to put in my eUp request online. Luckily the Twitter team came through and was able to waitlist me within minutes.

I really miss the old eUp site. Sigh.

Also, out of curiosity, I know the total number of eUp credits required to upgrade a multi-segment itinerary depends on the origin of the first flight and destination of the last flight. What happens if I only manage to upgrade the first and last segments but not the middle one?
You'll have to fight for it. I had this happen on SFO-YVR-YUL-YOW-YYZ in Flex/M, where YUL-YOW was a single cabin aircraft. Had I upgraded all 4, it would have been 4, but it charged me 4 (for SFO-YUL) plus 2 (for YOW-YYZ).

So just prepare for the eUp discrepancy form.
jasdou likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
I booked a FLEX ticket from YYZ to DXB yesterday (Tue) to fly tomorrow (Thur) and immediately went to the eUpgrade site to get wait listed.
I was able to get wait listed but the fine print says that any flights that are not confirmed 36 hrs before departure will be cancelled because of the time window

They took my eUpgrade credits from my account already, but from the looks of it, they will likely cancel my eUpgrade because of the new system?

Is my understanding correct then, that when I head to the airport tomorrow I'll not be granted the upgrade?

Thanks y'all
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cager
I booked a FLEX ticket from YYZ to DXB yesterday (Tue) to fly tomorrow (Thur) and immediately went to the eUpgrade site to get wait listed.
I was able to get wait listed but the fine print says that any flights that are not confirmed 36 hrs before departure will be cancelled because of the time window

They took my eUpgrade credits from my account already, but from the looks of it, they will likely cancel my eUpgrade because of the new system?

Is my understanding correct then, that when I head to the airport tomorrow I'll not be granted the upgrade?

Thanks y'all
After check-in, if you're not on the list, email the concierge. They can make it happen.
cager likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Have people seen a delay in eupgrades getting deducted from your account after the Amadeus migration?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by canadiancow
After check-in, if you're not on the list, email the concierge. They can make it happen.
Thanks Canadiancow, always super helpful!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SweFlyer
Have people seen a delay in eupgrades getting deducted from your account after the Amadeus migration?
Luckily for me, my eUp debiting and crediting has happened real-time and accurately since the migration.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:26 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Tried an e-up of my nominee today at around T-5 days. No go as it said "Not Available" and gave the usual wide-ranging three reasons of what might be the cause of the issue, none of which would seem to apply in this case. Sigh.

Other than this being an OAI operated flight I see nothing that should prevent me from getting the e-up.

Oh well, so much for my non-random act of kindness for this week.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
"Not Available" persisting

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Tried an e-up of my nominee today at around T-5 days. No go as it said "Not Available" and gave the usual wide-ranging three reasons of what might be the cause of the issue, none of which would seem to apply in this case. Sigh.

Other than this being an OAI operated flight I see nothing that should prevent me from getting the e-up.

Oh well, so much for my non-random act of kindness for this week.
Similar situation for me - kept re-checking sporadically for the 30 hours after my window opened (J9&R4 was not changing) with the same "Not Available" being the end result. Called reservations and discovered that the only eUps showing on my account were the 5 for the migration promotion... I didn't have enough. Let the agent know that I was trying to get through the 20-some credits before the Feb 2020 expiry (a lot of Q400s in my travels). She found them and off to the help desk she goes - short while later, AC app notification comes through and done!

I was told that they are having issues with the new system (?sometimes?) not recognizing unused credits awarded in 2019, despite the clear Feb 2020 expiry date on the eUp page... She suggested that I'll likely need to call in to access any of "last year's" credits until then. "Well, unless they fix the issue soon, I guess..."
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I didn't read the 279 posts, but are there still airport upgrades now or if you are not upgraded pre check-in you're SOL?

I see my eUps credited today, so I didn't get upgraded, but why I'm not on the wait list?

On the app there is one checked name and one person in position 1 for waitlist .. I don't understand why my name is not on that list?

Should I call concierge, there is still one seat left in both J and PY

Edit: reached AC and the waitlist showing in the app is wrong as there is no more waitlist... until February when airport makes the switch, you're SOL if not cleared 36h. The flight will leave with seats empty even if people have and want to use eUps for the seats

I guess AC management will laugh at how many unused eUps they will erase at the end of Feb as many will not have been able to use them. This is $ saved for them.

It's the second time I cannot use 21 eUps credits and the flight has empty J seats

Last edited by theBeachBoy; Jan 11, 2020 at 8:01 pm
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
I didn't read the 279 posts, but are there still airport upgrades now or if you are not upgraded pre check-in you're SOL?

I see my eUps credited today, so I didn't get upgraded, but why I'm not on the wait list?

On the app there is one checked name and one person in position 1 for waitlist .. I don't understand why my name is not on that list?

Should I call concierge, there is still one seat left in both J and PY

Edit: reached AC and the waitlist showing in the app is wrong as there is no more waitlist... until February when airport makes the switch, you're SOL if not cleared 36h. The flight will leave with seats empty even if people have and want to use eUps for the seats

I guess AC management will laugh at how many unused eUps they will erase at the end of Feb as many will not have been able to use them. This is $ saved for them.

It's the second time I cannot use 21 eUps credits and the flight has empty J seats
Yes I’d call the concierge. I applied for an upgrade within my SE window and before 72 hours out for SFO-YYZ this past Friday morning and it was not confirmed but the credits taken out. For about a week before the flight and after I had tried to upgrade the flight stayed around J5. I tried emailing the concierge just after 72 hours to see if I needed to do anything else and didn’t get a response until days later. I checked in at 24 hours in advance as well and got my Y boarding pass. I was not on the list. Called the concierge and they put me on the list. Later that day my expert flyer alert showed R space as J6R1 but my upgrade didn’t clear automatically. Called the concierge again and they processed it and gotmy J boarding pass. I no longer showed on the list.

What I found interesting was my colleague a non SE on the Thursday red eye applied for upgrade in his window beyond 72 hours, checked in and was not on the list - called his elite line or the general number and didn’t get on the list but somehow the list grew quite large and he finally did appear. And there were a few even taking out the people that show on the standby list. So I wonder if the list maybe sometimes transfers over within 24 hours but isn’t ready exactly at 24 hours.

Here is also the mess of my transaction activity. Booked the round trip Jan 3 and requested both flights - the Jan 8 one cleared instantly. I don’t get why their is activity Jan 9. Also a day after both flight I got the follow up email with the new eupgrade receipt thing.

Last edited by ksm06; Jan 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm Reason: Moved attachment to bottom
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ksm06
Yes I’d call the concierge. I applied for an upgrade within my SE window and before 72 hours out for SFO-YYZ this past Friday morning and it was not confirmed but the credits taken out. For about a week before the flight and after I had tried to upgrade the flight stayed around J5. I tried emailing the concierge just after 72 hours to see if I needed to do anything else and didn’t get a response until days later. I checked in at 24 hours in advance as well and got my Y boarding pass. I was not on the list. Called the concierge and they put me on the list. Later that day my expert flyer alert showed R space as J6R1 but my upgrade didn’t clear automatically. Called the concierge again and they processed it and gotmy J boarding pass. I no longer showed on the list.

What I found interesting was my colleague a non SE on the Thursday red eye applied for upgrade in his window beyond 72 hours, checked in and was not on the list - called his elite line or the general number and didn’t get on the list but somehow the list grew quite large and he finally did appear. And there were a few even taking out the people that show on the standby list. So I wonder if the list maybe sometimes transfers over within 24 hours but isn’t ready exactly at 24 hours.

Here is also the mess of my transaction activity. Booked the round trip Jan 3 and requested both flights - the Jan 8 one cleared instantly. I don’t get why their is activity Jan 9. Also a day after both flight I got the follow up email with the new eupgrade receipt thing.

That's not working with what the agent just told me (I transfered from concierge to SE line as concierge was still not answering after 30+ minutes).
She told me anyone not clearing at 36h got credited and then there was no way at all to upgrade, airport or other and airport could not do anything.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:55 am

eUpgrade system looks completely broken. Upgrading through the website has been impossible for me for the past week. Agents are having issues seeing 2020 credits and only seem to see credits expiring in 2019. Also, flying YUL-YYZ-SFO on a Comfort K fare, I was charged 3+8 credits instead of a total of 8 credits as per the eUp chart. The same thing happened for the return.

Come on, AC. This is a published benefit. We spent the money you asked us to spend. Fix this. This is a major annoyance right now.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:15 am

Also, does anyone know how to report an eUp discrepancy now? I feel I may need to use that feature but the link from my eUpgrade account redirects me to a travel agent login page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.