Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I flew YYZ-RSW this morning. Waitlisted for an upgrade as well as my daughter on the same booking. Both requests transferred to the gate and mine cleared. She was the first name on the list that didn’t clear. The J cabin went out full. I’m only P25K, so SE is not required apparently.
canadiancow and KetoStan like this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I flew YYZ-RSW this morning. Waitlisted for an upgrade as well as my daughter on the same booking. Both requests transferred to the gate and mine cleared. She was the first name on the list that didn’t clear. The J cabin went out full. I’m only P25K, so SE is not required apparently.
Good to know.
Did you do anything different compared to pre-migration, or your waitlist naturally transferred over?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
172 How did you get on the list as I was told all requests that don't clear by T - 36 are removed, and I am not on the list.

The reason I think they are all non rev is that they are both waitlisted for the flight and for J, which would suggest AC Employee available space stadbys and not SE's who are flying to Barbados. Also there appear to be a handful of seats in economy that are unsold.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I did nothing special. I requested the upgrade when my window opened and was immediately waitlisted (the joy of P25K). When I reached the gate this morning, I checked the app and there was a green check mark next to my name. The flight was full in Y, maybe even oversold as there were a bunch of stand by that cleared. Since they needed to upgrade Y passengers to make room, maybe they transferred the waitlist instead of doing opups?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MQS007
172 How did you get on the list as I was told all requests that don't clear by T - 36 are removed, and I am not on the list.
My one post-Amadeus eUpgrade cleared around T-25, so it definitely doesn't drop at T-36.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My one post-Amadeus eUpgrade cleared around T-25, so it definitely doesn't drop at T-36.
This was a risk I wasn't willing to take to pay a change to an earlier flight not knowing whether I'd be able to even apply eUps. It was positive R still at T-36 but the seatmap stopped showing on EF almost exactly at that point. Would I have been able to successfully eupgrade?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
This was a risk I wasn't willing to take to pay a change to an earlier flight not knowing whether I'd be able to even apply eUps. It was positive R still at T-36 but the seatmap stopped showing on EF almost exactly at that point. Would I have been able to successfully eupgrade?
Yes. You can still buy seats after T-36. You just wanted to buy R class.

Seat selection is entirely different. I was not able to select a new seat after that upgrade, but I was able to check in an hour later and select then.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. You can still buy seats after T-36. You just wanted to buy R class.

Seat selection is entirely different. I was not able to select a new seat after that upgrade, but I was able to check in an hour later and select then.
Ok. I wasn't sure if the mechanism to buy not R was the same as "buying" R... or whether the quasi non-deterministic traits of the website might decide to not let me do it. I wasn't willing to take that risk. Will give this a shot for an upcoming flight.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:31 pm

Ok. I wasn't sure if the mechanism to buy not R was the same as "buying" R... or whether the quasi non-deterministic traits of the website might decide to not let me do it. I wasn't willing to take that risk. Will give this a shot for an upcoming flight.
I should also make it clear that I have no idea what would happen within 24 hours. But you should be SE soon, so it should be easier
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should also make it clear that I have no idea what would happen within 24 hours. But you should be SE soon, so it should be easier
ok, noted.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Just put in a eupg request that is waitlisted at T-14. As per the site I am supposed to get a email confirmation of the request but have seen nothing yet. The eupg have been taken from my account.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: AC 50K
Had eups clear multiple times pre 24hrs and at the air port in the past week.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Eupgrade request for two X tickets booked on my aeroplan, but for a 50k and passenger were traveling. Legs were: lax-yvr-yeg. Spent 2.5 hours trying to get them waitlisted for an eupgrade (using 50K member eupgrades) with priority line 3 days out. Was informed they could only figure out eupgrade for YVR-YEG and these were assigned. The LAX YVR leg appeared impossible to be put on a waitlist. Went to the airport and checked with the gate agent. Very kindly she contacted the concierge. She was told that they are no longer helping sub 100K passengers as they had been reprimanded. The gate agent asked to be walked through the process by the concierge but was unable to do it on her computer. She then told me that the reason the concierge were not doing it anymore was that it was a relatively manual process which required billing after the fact. And some people don't pay. So, it takes time and they don't get paid (if there's an upcharge). Plane flew with several seats empty in biz class.

I'm just documenting all the issues I have encountered in the past six weeks and submitting it to Air Canada shortly.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lornag
Eupgrade request for two X tickets booked on my aeroplan, but for a 50k and passenger were traveling. Legs were: lax-yvr-yeg. Spent 2.5 hours trying to get them waitlisted for an eupgrade (using 50K member eupgrades) with priority line 3 days out. Was informed they could only figure out eupgrade for YVR-YEG and these were assigned. The LAX YVR leg appeared impossible to be put on a waitlist. Went to the airport and checked with the gate agent. Very kindly she contacted the concierge. She was told that they are no longer helping sub 100K passengers as they had been reprimanded. The gate agent asked to be walked through the process by the concierge but was unable to do it on her computer. She then told me that the reason the concierge were not doing it anymore was that it was a relatively manual process which required billing after the fact. And some people don't pay. So, it takes time and they don't get paid (if there's an upcharge). Plane flew with several seats empty in biz class.

I'm just documenting all the issues I have encountered in the past six weeks and submitting it to Air Canada shortly.
I'm assuming that you're talking about the copay that goes with eUpgrading from an X fare?
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC
I'm assuming that you're talking about the copay that goes with eUpgrading from an X fare?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.