Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE
Trying to request a basic eupgrade, and the system is saying the typical error message:
Upgrade not available
  • Your flights may be outside the upgrade booking window.
  • The fare you purchased is not eligible for upgrade.
  • There are no further flights to upgrade in your itinerary.

This is a simply ticket booked on ac.com with only AC segments, and is a Flex fare that's within the upgrade window. So none of AC's possible explanations for why it can't be upgraded are true. On hold again with AC with their ridiculous hold times to try to process something that should be easily done online.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:36 pm

Maybe we'll soon be due for another round of 'apology bonus' e-up credits.
monkai likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by musicmtl
Maybe we'll soon be due for another round of 'apology bonus' e-up credits.
Not affected for 2 weeks yet, but hopefully I get swept to 50k before then!

Dr. PITUK
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Just to end my story.

I was credited eUps and not upgraded at T-36 and even though the phone agent told me there was no more waitlist at the airport, my name appeared on the app waitlist eventually with a bunch of other names.

Then before boarding many of us got a check mark and got upgraded (to PY instead of J that was full).

My eUpgrade account does not show credit taken so I guess it was a "free" upgrade (the Y cabin was half empty)
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
My eUpgrade account does not show credit taken so I guess it was a "free" upgrade (the Y cabin was half empty)
Well now that you've posted this...
canadiancow and theBeachBoy like this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Well now that you've posted this...
The eUpgrade website is a little wonky.
Says my credit expires Feb28 2021 but also says they expire soon...

any way to know the actual expiry of credits like the old eUpgrade site?

Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Code:
if (row == 0)
  row.showExpiringSoonWarning()
D582 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
eUpgrade system looks completely broken. Upgrading through the website has been impossible for me for the past week. Agents are having issues seeing 2020 credits and only seem to see credits expiring in 2019. Also, flying YUL-YYZ-SFO on a Comfort K fare, I was charged 3+8 credits instead of a total of 8 credits as per the eUp chart. The same thing happened for the return.

Come on, AC. This is a published benefit. We spent the money you asked us to spend. Fix this. This is a major annoyance right now.
Also, does anyone know how to report an eUp discrepancy now? I feel I may need to use that feature but the link from my eUpgrade account redirects me to a travel agent login page.
So, am I the only one experiencing these issues? I am surprised there hasn't been more posts on this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Code:
if (row == 0)
row.showExpiringSoonWarning()
SMH
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
So, am I the only one experiencing these issues? I am surprised there hasn't been more posts on this.
I have not been credited for flights where my upgrade didn’t clear back in December and January. I called AC and it will take 30 days to fix the discrepancies, which I filled out the form online. So the 16 credits that I should have, I can’t access them and I won’t be able to use them for flights unless they’re credited back soon. What a mess!
monkai likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
I have not been credited for flights where my upgrade didn’t clear back in December and January. I called AC and it will take 30 days to fix the discrepancies, which I filled out the form online. So the 16 credits that I should have, I can’t access them and I won’t be able to use them for flights unless they’re credited back soon. What a mess!
Sorry to hear about your experience. What form did you fill to report the eUp discrepancy?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:10 am

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
Sorry to hear about your experience. What form did you fill to report the eUp discrepancy?
It was a form at the bottom of the page in the eupgrade account. When I spoke with the agent, they said their team was slammed so that’s why it would take 30 days to review which is not reasonable. My eUpgrades that I did not clear are not crediting back.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
It was a form at the bottom of the page in the eupgrade account. When I spoke with the agent, they said their team was slammed so that’s why it would take 30 days to review which is not reasonable. My eUpgrades that I did not clear are not crediting back.
Found it, thanks. AC seems to have fixed the link as a few days ago, it was redirecting to a travel agent login page.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:05 am
Suspended

Also, flying YUL-YYZ-SFO on a Comfort K fare, I was charged 3+8 credits instead of a total of 8 credits as per the eUp chart. The same thing happened for the return.
I had a similar thing with upgrading a nominee YYZ-YVR-AKL. The system "held" 4 + 26. However, once the flight was taken, the 4 and the 26 were returned and the correct 26 total debited. See below.

15 Jan, 2020 Credits returned for XXX Toronto (YYZ) - Vancouver (YVR)
+4

15 Jan, 2020 Credits returned for XXX Vancouver (YVR) - Auckland (AKL)
+26

15 Jan, 2020 debited Toronto (YYZ) - Auckland (AKL) 13 Jan, 2020
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I had a similar thing with upgrading a nominee YYZ-YVR-AKL. The system "held" 4 + 26. However, once the flight was taken, the 4 and the 26 were returned and the correct 26 total debited. See below.

15 Jan, 2020 Credits returned for XXX Toronto (YYZ) - Vancouver (YVR)
+4

15 Jan, 2020 Credits returned for XXX Vancouver (YVR) - Auckland (AKL)
+26

15 Jan, 2020 debited Toronto (YYZ) - Auckland (AKL) 13 Jan, 2020
Good to hear. I'll trust the system for now. *shudders*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.