Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by xray
Issue is mainly that sometimes you get kicked off the list if you aren't cleared and no one can get you put back on (if you don't have access to concierge)...
Ahh I see! The reason that was my understanding is that AC stated in a press release that they would make every effort to clear upgrade prior to T-24 (implying that if it didn't clear prior to that, you were SOL).

So either they made some changes or I misinterpreted the wording!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:00 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
As the OP, I did get quick resolution due to my email to the SE desk. But again the system should be working which clearly it is not as others have reported. Further if you are far away in a foreign country as I am, telephoning is not an easy option.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Was denied to request an upgrade by the central concierge office and the local Vancouver concierge for a companion. They said Aeroplan upgrades are not possible.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:27 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
AC Eup chart gone

I have some e ups to use by end of Feb but cannot find anywhere on the AC site the requirements. Seems to have been pulled as another enhancement to keep us in the dark. I have just wasted several hours trying to find this simple information which used to be there. GONE.

My SE status ends on Feb 29th and frankly the way things are going I am glad. AC has become more opaque each time I look into the site.

If anyone can tell me the # of Eups required from YYZ to YVR in FLEX I would appreciate that. Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
I have some e ups to use by end of Feb but cannot find anywhere on the AC site the requirements. Seems to have been pulled as another enhancement to keep us in the dark. I have just wasted several hours trying to find this simple information which used to be there. GONE.

My SE status ends on Feb 29th and frankly the way things are going I am glad. AC has become more opaque each time I look into the site.

If anyone can tell me the # of Eups required from YYZ to YVR in FLEX I would appreciate that. Thanks.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...calculate.html - but it is the chart that says "starting at".
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Link to current detailed eUpgrade requirements chart

Originally Posted by 100,000miler

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...calculate.html - but it is the chart that says "starting at".
This was just discussed on the FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada thread. The chart you are looking for is "Enhance your travels with special eUpgrade offers" and the link is in the wiki at the top of the FAQ thread. Since YYZ-YVR is over 1500 miles, it is the maximum number of eUpgrades in whichever FLEX class you booked in.
  • Flex (M, U, H) 4 eUpgrade credits
  • Flex (Q, V, W, G) 8 eUpgrade credits
  • Flex (S, T, L, A, K) 11 eUpgrade credits
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Was denied to request an upgrade by the central concierge office and the local Vancouver concierge for a companion. They said Aeroplan upgrades are not possible.
Can you provide more details because that's... confusing.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I agree. It sounds like a case of DYKIWATA
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Wow, now I'm confused. I just had to use 26 credits to upgrade YYZ-GRU from Premium Economy (lowest) when the chart shows only 21 credits are required. Anyone able to explain or should I email for a refund of 5 credits?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Excerpt from email from one concierge:

"...and due to system limitations it is not possible to process as it is a Rewards ticket."

excerpt from email another concierge:

"
Although, since the system transition, there is a limitation that is providing us from adding booking that requires add on fees on to the upgrade wait list.

We, as concierge agent, understand how e-upgrade is a big part of your yearly benefits of being Super Elite 100k. We did find a work around that resolved the matter and we did use it until last month. The company did specifically ask us to stop using that workaround and wait for the airport system to be updated, which should fix the issue."
pilot007 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K
Mobile browser does not show "starting at" when in portrait mode

Originally Posted by YA_YOW_SE100K
Wow, now I'm confused. I just had to use 26 credits to upgrade YYZ-GRU from Premium Economy (lowest) when the chart shows only 21 credits are required. Anyone able to explain or should I email for a refund of 5 credits?
As per the title, when in portrait mode, it does not show "starting at" on my Galaxy S10. Landscape mode and normal web browsers do show it properly. Argh.

Do I still have a case for a refund of credits 🤓
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
If AC is clearing wait listed eUpgrade requests at T-36, and you can no longer request an eUpgrade after T-24, am I correct that there’s a 12 hour window in which you must request an eUpgrade to a flight for which you’ve already requested one if you want a hope of getting upgraded at the gate?

This seems like an absurd redundancy compared to, say, leaving people on the wait list or going back to same-day upgrades.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by andrewlawton
If AC is clearing wait listed eUpgrade requests at T-36, and you can no longer request an eUpgrade after T-24, am I correct that there’s a 12 hour window in which you must request an eUpgrade to a flight for which you’ve already requested one if you want a hope of getting upgraded at the gate?
I was waitlisted for AC103 when my window opened up (10 days). My upgrade didn't clear by T-24 (the cowtool showed HK) and when the upgrade list appeared in the app I was not on it. At around T-20 I was back on the list and at T-1 my upgrade cleared. No action was required to get on the upgrade list or be cleared at the gate.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Interesting, thank you. My last two flights I’ve checked in pretty much right after T-24 and emailed the concierge to be added back to the list when I saw I wasn’t on it.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:05 pm

Is this normal? The seatmap shows only one seat booked in J on an A320, but the flight is R0, so I'm waitlisted. The flight is in 8 days. Maybe they'll open up R space closer to the date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.