Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by BeenThere_DoneThat2
Waited for 1.5 hours this morning, then got agent to clear the "scheduled changed" issue on one of my flights that prevented me from accessing the flight details including Eupgrade. This was an overseas Premium Economy fare with a domestic leg on an 321 that doesn't have a Premium Economy cabin - so this domestic flight shows as a B fare class. Then attempted to Eupgrade but it came up with an error (eupg.error.8549). The agent's explanation was that since I purchased a PE fare, I could only Eupgrade during my Eup window. I had purchased these flights a day before the changeover to try to avoid potential problems, and at that time, it allowed a confirmed Eupgrade to Business (as I've been able to do in similar situations for years), but I was unable to do so because I didn't have the Eupgrade credits that expire in 2021 (the flight is in March 2020). I was delighted to receive the extra changeover credits recently, but had been blocked from Eupgrading because of the scheduled changed issue. So my question is, does B fare class from a PE fare no longer allow you to immediately Eupgrade, or is this a glitch?
As a follow-up to posting #111 in this thread (Dec 3 2019) where I was unable to eUPGRADE domestic "B" fare class as part of a Premium Economy TPAC fare, about two weeks after that post I was able to get myself Waitlisted online (had been unable to do so before). Then today I received a message that the Waitlist had cleared and the eUPGRADE was confirmed.
dr_torch, D582 and YYZ_tatlflyer like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I had a similar thing with upgrading a nominee YYZ-YVR-AKL. The system "held" 4 + 26. However, once the flight was taken, the 4 and the 26 were returned and the correct 26 total debited. See below.

15 Jan, 2020 Credits returned for XXX Toronto (YYZ) - Vancouver (YVR)
+4

15 Jan, 2020 Credits returned for XXX Vancouver (YVR) - Auckland (AKL)
+26

15 Jan, 2020 debited Toronto (YYZ) - Auckland (AKL) 13 Jan, 2020
Originally Posted by jasdou
Good to hear. I'll trust the system for now. *shudders*
I don't trust it. I'm still owed back a lot of credits.

Also, this holding of credits by flight segment needs to stop. This is just bad design and is not worth the headache its creating. If the old eUP system could do this properly, then the new system should as well.

I also feel I'm going to have to dip into 2020 credits, then I will get back 2019 credits and have to have them adjust again.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
As a follow-up to posting #111 in this thread (Dec 3 2019) where I was unable to eUPGRADE domestic "B" fare class as part of a Premium Economy TPAC fare, about two weeks after that post I was able to get myself Waitlisted online (had been unable to do so before). Then today I received a message that the Waitlist had cleared and the eUPGRADE was confirmed.
Which PY fare are you booked in (Lowest or Flexible), how many eUPs did it charge you for the B Class segment, and what was the route?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:51 am

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by D582
Which PY fare are you booked in (Lowest or Flexible), how many eUPs did it charge you for the B Class segment, and what was the route?
Booked Lowest PY. Routing in March 2020 is YYZ-PVG, then return PVG-YVR, then YVR-YYZ. This YVR-YYZ segment was charged 4 eUPs according to my eUP account. However, I only had 15 eUPs so far for the 2020 year (given in Nov 26 2019 because of the Amadeus switch), and the balance for those is 13, so I can't tell where the other 2 are coming from. When I did this in previous flights before Amadeus in a similar situation, it only took 2 eUPs.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Booked Lowest PY. Routing in March 2020 is YYZ-PVG, then return PVG-YVR, then YVR-YYZ. This YVR-YYZ segment was charged 4 eUPs according to my eUP account. However, I only had 15 eUPs so far for the 2020 year (given in Nov 26 2019 because of the Amadeus switch), and the balance for those is 13, so I can't tell where the other 2 are coming from. When I did this in previous flights before Amadeus in a similar situation, it only took 2 eUPs.
@BeenThere_DoneThat2

Re the credits taken 2 vs 4 - I and at least one other person reported upthread (just after the Nov 18 Amadeus migration). I noticed a flight that was part of a PE TPAC where one transcon sector was booked into B showed the correct # at the time: 2

After migration, that same flight now showed -4 as per screen shot, as well as a line showing AGENT and +2.

My guess were that these flights will now cost 4 credits but since they were bought whenever and part of a multi-flight trip, +2 was added back to keep the total balance of credits the same as pre-migration.

While we all agree in theory credits should be taken from those that will expire the end of February 2020, I would suggest keeping screen shots of your eUpgrade history and Transactions. I would not necessarily assume credits will be taken from the right year.

Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Looking for advice. Flying Sunday J=4, O=2, booked in flex. Will AC clear any upgrades in advance even if R=0?
If I don't clear by Saturday night at t-24. I get removed from the waitlist and do I contact the concierge to get re-added? In the past I'd feel pretty confident about getting an e-upgrade, but this new process seems very odd.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by D582
I don't trust it. I'm still owed back a lot of credits.

Also, this holding of credits by flight segment needs to stop. This is just bad design and is not worth the headache its creating. If the old eUP system could do this properly, then the new system should as well.

I also feel I'm going to have to dip into 2020 credits, then I will get back 2019 credits and have to have them adjust again.
I have the same problem, and haven't seen credits refunded yet either for the per flight segment holds nor a segment that was a confirmed upgrade and then lost due to IRROPS. (787 J to Rouge Y was disappointing)
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
New issue that I've never encountered before. Swept up to 50K this week, so I've got 55 credits in my account. 5 expire in 2020, and 50 expiring in 2021. I called in to upgrade YYZ-YUL-ORD because it wasn't working online and they told me I am not able to do it because it costs 7 credits and I only have 5 available for use. I cannot use my 50 new credits until February 28th. Is this a situation of HUCA, or is this a rule that I've never heard about, or even a new system limitation with Amadeus.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
New issue that I've never encountered before. Swept up to 50K this week, so I've got 55 credits in my account. 5 expire in 2020, and 50 expiring in 2021. I called in to upgrade YYZ-YUL-ORD because it wasn't working online and they told me I am not able to do it because it costs 7 credits and I only have 5 available for use. I cannot use my 50 new credits until February 28th. Is this a situation of HUCA, or is this a rule that I've never heard about, or even a new system limitation with Amadeus.
A competent agent should be able to push it through but I have heard the same comment by agents that are less knowledgeable. Try again or ask through a DM on Twitter.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Now this would be a new one. I am waiting for the window to upgrade ATL-YYZ-YOW. If I cannot use credits from the 2020 bucket then I will have insufficient credits to upgrade too.

I would HUCA but please keep us posted.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC E35K, Aeroplan Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Gold
I’m a new E35K and was swept from nothing to 35 back in December. Travelling to YYC next week and am waitlisted for J from YYZ-YYC but confirmed J from YYC-YYZ on the return leg two days later using 2020 credits which technically shouldn’t be available until 1 Mar. YMMV
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pegasus771
I’m a new E35K and was swept from nothing to 35 back in December. Travelling to YYC next week and am waitlisted for J from YYZ-YYC but confirmed J from YYC-YYZ on the return leg two days later using 2020 credits which technically shouldn’t be available until 1 Mar. YMMV
That's incorrect. They have an expiry date, but the start date is whenever they show up in your account.

You should definitely be able to use them.
Pegasus771 and monkai like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC E35K, Aeroplan Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Gold
I was using my story as an example of being able to use credits from the 2020 bucket which the previous posters had been told they could not do, despite having them in their account. Sounds like a HUCA situation.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's incorrect. They have an expiry date, but the start date is whenever they show up in your account.

You should definitely be able to use them.
I was using my story as an example of being able to use credits from the 2020 bucket which the previous posters had been told they could not do, despite having them in their account. Sounds like a HUCA situation.
canadiancow was referring to the "using 2020 credits which technically shouldn’t be available until 1 Mar. YMMV" part.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Update to my situation. Called in again (1 hour on hold..again) got an agent who at least knew the rules. He kept getting errors trying to complete the upgrade, system kept saying my balance is only 5 credits, instead of the 55 I see in my account. He had his supervisor take a look at the file, and they saw no reason as to why I couldn’t use my credits but they couldn’t get it to work.

They filed a support request (with their help desk or something?) and told me to call back again tomorrow and hopefully the system will be working correctly. I have little faith that will be the case. Preparing to spend my 3rd hour on hold tomorrow all because their website and systems don’t work. At this point just give me the upgrade for free.
FreedomIsntFree likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.