Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ridefar
Totally fair observations. And I suspect you are right.

Do you know if the list in the app even accurately reflects the real upgrade list any more?
As much as it ever did. It's just pulling a manipulated version of it from DCS. It's mostly what gets processed at the gate. And it's as accurate as it's always been.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So when your waitlisted eupgrade gets cancelled by AC at T-36... then what?
only concierges can put you on the day-of waitlist?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So when your waitlisted eupgrade gets cancelled by AC at T-36... then what?
only concierges can put you on the day-of waitlist?
My waitlist didn't clear and I wasn't on list 24h prior to flight when I checked in. However, magically I did appear on the list the day of the flight...not sure how or what happened. Next flight is a P fare so thankfully avoid this stuff. I don't think the party line of "it will be fixed in March at time of the next update" is really a good explanation.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by xray
My waitlist didn't clear and I wasn't on list 24h prior to flight when I checked in. However, magically I did appear on the list the day of the flight...not sure how or what happened. Next flight is a P fare so thankfully avoid this stuff. I don't think the party line of "it will be fixed in March at time of the next update" is really a good explanation.
Hmm...

Everything you say seems to jive with the AC-imposed T-36 waitlist cancel/removal part, but the appearing on the list day of...
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
A colleague of mine was trying to upgrade himself for a domestic flight in January. O fare, flight was R9, but wouldn't go through on the eUp website.

He called AC, res agent couldn't do anything about it, they called NRD, they said they couldn't fix it, too bad, so sad, try again later.

A few hours later, he did try again, and the eUp site worked fine. So it seems like the eUp system just broke for a few hours in the middle of the day.

I can't remember that ever happening before. Anyone else?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 21, 2019 at 9:29 am Reason: Corrected typo
Old Dec 20, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
I think there is a lot of odd things going on. I see people on the upgrade list not getting upgraded, and people not on the list being upgraded (at the gate), and somehow the "checked-in" number is always greater than the booked. I can only conclude the system is a mess. It is only sort of working. If it comes down to T-24 and if you are SE, yes you are likely to get your upgrade if there is space, but I think there is a lot of chance unless the concierge or somebody else takes an active hand. There is just too much weirdness going on with almost every flight I have been on.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:51 am

I think there is a lot of odd things going on. I see people on the upgrade list not getting upgraded, and people not on the list being upgraded (at the gate), and somehow the "checked-in" number is always greater than the booked. I can only conclude the system is a mess. It is only sort of working. If it comes down to T-24 and if you are SE, yes you are likely to get your upgrade if there is space, but I think there is a lot of chance unless the concierge or somebody else takes an active hand. There is just too much weirdness going on with almost every flight I have been on.
I'm not on the list and regret it. I went back and forth and didn't mind using the e-ups (some are expiring before I'll get an upgradable flight in any case), but just couldn't bring myself to pay the add-on $400 as a 35k (>50k tomorrow). If that had been the extra for the flight in the first place I would have paid it.

If the window wasn't closed now, I'd probably put myself on the list, though I may just say that because there is now the shorter cutoff! There's 13 empty seats in J with 3 non-revs(?) on standby/upgrade. It looks like a decent chance of having the seat next to me in PY empty with only 11/21 booked, so won't be too bad. I hear that the TLV lounge is nothing to look forward to in any case!

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Checked in has always exceeded booked after they clear the list. Non-revs aren't booked but they can be checked in
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Checked in has always exceeded booked after they clear the list. Non-revs aren't booked but they can be checked in
But that is part of my point. The list isn't being cleared, somebody is getting upgraded (or deadheading, or comp-uped), just not the people on the list. Not in the 5 or 6 flights I have paid attention to.
mamau and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
I just got the "if you don't get it at T-36 you are done" speech . followed by the it will be March before all of the bugs are worked out of the migration. In short this is all BS. Candidly if I had known it would have been this big a problem I would have booked on another carrier in J. I have lifetime status so I do not need the miles.

I have never been more pissed at AC then right now.
xray, monkai and gcashin like this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Very frustrated at this situation as well. Have a flight tomorrow where there were 4 J seats open between T-36-T-24 hours, but no upgrades cleared. Now we're not on the upgrade list anymore, and it looks like the list is just non-revs appearing on both the standby and upgrade lists. Very annoyed that AC didn't clear more upgrades, and now it looks like we'll be sitting in the back despite making an e-upgrade request. Looks like non-revs are a significant beneficiary of this change being able to list for the upgrades while revenue pax with uncleared upgrade requests sit in economy.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by gcashin
Looks like non-revs are a significant beneficiary of this change being able to list for the upgrades while revenue pax with uncleared upgrade requests sit in economy.
If they can clear non-revs at the gate, why can't they for paying passengers?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
If they can clear non-revs at the gate, why can't they for paying passengers?
It sounds like it's because of system limitations to be able to reconcile eupgrade credits between DCS and Amadeus, but I'm not sure if it's been officially communicated or if someone else more knowledgable can provide more insight. It seems like concierges are able to do it for SE100K pax, so it seems like it's physically possible, but the eupgrade requests don't transfer automatically to the day of departure.

I guess the non-rev requests are simpler as they don't need eupgrade credits, so seems like those are the majority of folks getting onto upgrade lists for the day of departure.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
I wondered that. Wouldn't better PR be to upgrade paying passengers free, rather than alienating their 'best' customers?
gcashin likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
I wondered that. Wouldn't better PR be to upgrade paying passengers free, rather than alienating their 'best' customers?
This is Air Canada we are talking about...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.