Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Flight fra to yyc

Flight had 19/30 booked in J class. Flying with 29 occupied most of these additional are staff. I know that because they were on premium economy upgrade wait list as well. I was told by a gate agent a few weeks back that this is how staff are listed. I don’t know if non staff were upgraded at gate. I was upgraded 3 days ago and do not appear on the app wait list.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Revenue pax can show up on multiple lists in the app as well.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
We've got upcoming YYC-YYZ flight pass bookings. My spouses upgrade window opened this morning and other than Air Canada's clock being a couple of minutes off, using the AC website the outbound flight has been upgraded, seat selected and email confirmation received.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC
“Revenue pax can show up on multiple lists in the app as well.”

Interesting. I was not told that by gate agent. Under what circumstances would this happen?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Lornag

Interesting. I was not told that by gate agent. Under what circumstances would this happen?
First, I'm going to give you my opinion on agents who work at the airport. I never believe anything they say. I don't necessarily disbelieve it, but I put zero faith in what they say.

In your case, it doesn't sound inaccurate, as non-revs do show up that way, every (?) time (maybe excluding deadheading pilots). But it's incomplete.

Book Flex on a 320 (I'm using a 2 cabin example because it's simpler). Request an eUpgrade after check-in (yes, not easy, I know). You're now showing on the J list (named "upgrade" in the app). Stand by for an earlier flight. On that list, you'll show up on the J list ("upgrade") and Y list ("standby").

Definitely less common than non-revs, and you'll be above them all in this situation, but it's certainly possible.
YYT82 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Lornag

It happened to me when my PY upgrade was not looking like it would clear - I noticed myself appear on the J list also. (It also did not clear, but I did not request it.)
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Originally Posted by etkuo
Have been monitoring some upgrade lists the last couple days and I can see there are people standing by for upgrades (not employees).

I thought during this transition period upgrades on waitlist not confirmed by T-24hr will be cancelled and requesting upgrade during airport check-in will be unavailable?
I requested the upgrade >24 hours out; however, it was only confirmed at the gate by the gate agent. They were not accepting requests made less than 24 hours (i.e. no at-gate requests), but they processed upgrades based on the upgrade list, as it stood 24 hours prior to departure, in the order on the list. So, if you're on the list and there's seats available, you should be given one at the gate, based on my experience, without worrying about being bumped further down the list within 24 hours of departure.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by davesmunroe
I requested the upgrade >24 hours out; however, it was only confirmed at the gate by the gate agent. They were not accepting requests made less than 24 hours (i.e. no at-gate requests), but they processed upgrades based on the upgrade list, as it stood 24 hours prior to departure, in the order on the list. So, if you're on the list and there's seats available, you should be given one at the gate, based on my experience, without worrying about being bumped further down the list within 24 hours of departure.
Interesting. The order is different on the onload list than the pre-gate list.

If they're doing that order, then a P25K on a B fare would be ahead of a SE MM on an E fare.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by davesmunroe
The AC eUpgrade site does mention "unfortunately we cannot guarantee that upgrades which were not cleared prior to check-in will be processed at the gate, even if a seat is available"

However, in practice, it seems that if one is on the upgrade list it will be processed by PDM as per pervious.
Plumber likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:57 am

Has this happened to anyone? I waitlisted for eupgrade on my flight T-48 hours, checked in for my original economy seat, then in the last 15 hours, my waitlist status clearly didn't clear (wasn't shown on app upgrade list and OLCI showed original seat) BUT when looking at 'My Bookings' on Air Canada's site, it showed my flight has cancelled (It was not and could still access seat assignment/boarding pass via OLCI - called AC to verify).

Turns out when I called in, when my waitlist status didn't clear, it was showing I has two of the same flight back to Toronto (could verify via eUpgrade site - one for eupgrade (still showed waitlist checked), one for original ticket saying upgrade not available), and that the system was reading the waitlist that didn't clear as my entire flight was cancelled. I could see in bookings that I had two of the same flight number under seat selection (no seat selected).

This is what the phone agent told me but didn't really believe it... Though she had someone remove the upgrade request and it was once again showing one flight only and the flight was no longer cancelled.

Any insight and whether anyone has had a similar experience?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That looks like it will likely clear. If not, email the central concierge around T-36 referencing how they said they'd be clearing more in advance and see if they can force it through for you. Worked for me on a J5...P5 R0 HKG-YVR recently, for 2 pax.
So would you email if it's J2 C2 D0 Z0 P0 R0 O1 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H8 Q5 V1 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 at T-40? SE upgrading from low flex to J. Numbers don't look great, but I can't SDC either because I'd blow my chance at an eUpgrade then. FWIW last year when I travelled on this route on the same date my e-Up to PY cleared and then I was further op-up'ed to J because Y was oversold.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:13 am

Can I ask a dumb question? What is this central concierge email?
I'm E50K... Do I have access?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by pilot007
So would you email if it's J2 C2 D0 Z0 P0 R0 O1 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H8 Q5 V1 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 at T-40? SE upgrading from low flex to J. Numbers don't look great, but I can't SDC either because I'd blow my chance at an eUpgrade then. FWIW last year when I travelled on this route on the same date my e-Up to PY cleared and then I was further op-up'ed to J because Y was oversold.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by martinintheair
Sorry, SE benefit only.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
We've got upcoming YYC-YYZ flight pass bookings. My spouses upgrade window opened this morning and other than Air Canada's clock being a couple of minutes off, using the AC website the outbound flight has been upgraded, seat selected and email confirmation received.
My upgrade window opening yesterday and I can report a success, upgraded, selected seat and received confirmation email. Next data points will come when we attempt to upgrade return flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.