Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yow777
I had to change my flight and was now flying via MUC to YYZ. Called agent less than 24 hours for an eupgrade request as I noticed there was positive space R1. Eupgrade cleared but could not select seat. Arrived at the gate and agents told me I was waitlisted, even with a confirmed email stating my eupgrade was cleared and showing them my booking reservation was now R. Lufthansa agents didn't seem to care that I was already upgraded, had to wait and was lucky enough to get one of the last seats in Business. First time this has ever happened to me in over 10 years.
What did check-in show? What was on your BP? If you were GTE, it could appear very similar to a waitlisted eUp to an untrained agent depending on where they're looking, except you're top of the list and space is reserved for you (i.e. if there are 19 people with seat assignments and you with GTE on a 788, they're not selling another J seat). When PDM runs, it'll clear you into a seat and spit out a BP, just like it would for eUps.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:47 pm

Maybe slightly OT - does anyone know how many credits are needed to upgrade from Flex to PE or Business between YVR and YYZ? Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by kalpol
Maybe slightly OT - does anyone know how many credits are needed to upgrade from Flex to PE or Business between YVR and YYZ? Thanks.
What fare class?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:02 pm

Fare class U.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:33 pm

Should be 4 to J. I'm not sure about PY.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC *Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What did check-in show? What was on your BP? If you were GTE, it could appear very similar to a waitlisted eUp to an untrained agent depending on where they're looking, except you're top of the list and space is reserved for you (i.e. if there are 19 people with seat assignments and you with GTE on a 788, they're not selling another J seat). When PDM runs, it'll clear you into a seat and spit out a BP, just like it would for eUps.
Boarding pass said Business Class (Lufthansa stock) but with GTE. Agents were adamant that I was not in Business Class yet (even though I showed both cleared upgrade email and R booking on file).
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by yow777
Boarding pass said Business Class (Lufthansa stock) but with GTE. Agents were adamant that I was not in Business Class yet (even though I showed both cleared upgrade email and R booking on file).
Okay, then I'm sticking to my original story

GTE means confirmed in the cabin, but without a seat assignment.
ffsim likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
I almost don't want to call attention to this, but has anyone else noticed being able to upgrade 1-2 before the window should open? I ran into this earlier this week where I was able to upgrade an S Flex fare to PE 16 days out from flying. Tonight I was just able to upgrade from a Comfort K fare to J 15.5 days out. In both cases when confirming the upgrade AC.com threw an error but I got the upgrade confirmed email and was able to go into the seat selection tool and pick a seat.

Most interesting was the ability to instantly clear into PE which I don't think I've ever done before.

Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Looking to book a flight a little over 24+ hours out with positive R space. Can I request and get a confirmed eUpgrade right up to 24h before departure if there’s positive R space? What’s the minimum time I’d need?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by pilot007
Looking to book a flight a little over 24+ hours out with positive R space. Can I request and get a confirmed eUpgrade right up to 24h before departure if there’s positive R space? What’s the minimum time I’d need?
The concierge should be able to do it for you at less than T-24.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:48 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
I almost don't want to call attention to this, but has anyone else noticed being able to upgrade 1-2 before the window should open? I ran into this earlier this week where I was able to upgrade an S Flex fare to PE 16 days out from flying.
Not sure this answers your all of your question, but AC will let you upgrade 16 days out anyway for some routes, until June 30.

See this.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Not sure this answers your all of your question, but AC will let you upgrade 16 days out anyway for some routes, until June 30.

See this.
I hadn't seen that! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.