Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Thank you for checking. I assume the eupgrade does proceed ahead of non revenue requests for this cabin on standby lists
So will be find out before we are supposed to Check Inn ? And will it include a visit to the MLL : not that that’s really a determining factor as we rarely get to the airport with anytime to use it with nexus now anyway
As someone else posted, you should not get into the MLL on an eUpgrade. eUpgrades change your seat on the plane, not any other benefits or amenities. Whether they are organized enough to deny entry is another question. However, last weekend the YYZ TB MLL was standing room only, and if I didn't clearly have status to get in, I sure hope they would have told me to hit the road.

I fly 1674 a lot and I always upgrade, but I don't book the flight until I am inside my eUpgrade window and if it's R0 I book a different flight with R>0. It might be R0, J>0 but it rarely leaves with an empty J seat.

Due to the system migration, I suspect anything people guess is 99% based on normal operations and nothing is normal. Normally, they might let a P25K wait until the gate to get the upgrade. (That avoids them trying to scam their way into the lounge.) However, they've said they're going to try to sort out upgrades ahead of time. But just based on what I am reading here, it looks like T-48 hours is the end of "in advance" and it's that time now. How's it looking?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by totti
Only slightly related to this thread but maybe someone knows the answer: I am booked to fly FRA-YYZ-YVR on a flex fare. When I tried to waitlist or book an upgrade it shows me "cabin not available" for the FRA-YYZ segment. I can upgrade YYZ-YVR. Any idea why I cannot even waitlist?
Originally Posted by ridefar
Is it a codeshare (but LH metal)? Is the J cabin actually sold out? Flight # and date would help us answer your question.

And yes, it could well be a bug.
Originally Posted by monkai
What’s your status and the date of travel? There are different restrictions around the international leg versus domestic for time window when available, etc.
totti

As per others, please state your status, date of flights, and flight numbers.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by monkai
What’s your status and the date of travel? There are different restrictions around the international leg versus domestic for time window when available, etc.

Originally Posted by ridefar
Is it a codeshare (but LH metal)? Is the J cabin actually sold out? Flight # and date would help us answer your question.

And yes, it could well be a bug.
Thank you for your quick replies. I am traveling in 7 days (or so I thought). Now that you mention it I may be a bit to early flying next Friday on the evening flight. And yes, it is AC metal and I am SE. I will check again tomorrow and report back.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
totti

As per others, please state your status, date of flights, and flight numbers.
Missed your post by a few seconds.

As stated earlier I am SE, and am supposed to fly on 12/13/2019 on AC877.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Missed your post by a few seconds.

As stated earlier I am SE, and am supposed to fly on 12/13/2019 on AC877.
totti
When the 7-day window opens tomorrow, you will be waitlisted anyway:

AC 877 0 FRA
12/13/19 17:10 YYZ
12/13/19 19:50 789
Daily
76% / 19m J6 C1 D0 Z0 P0 R0 O0 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9
ridefar likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
totti
When the 7-day window opens tomorrow, you will be waitlisted anyway:

AC 877 0 FRA
12/13/19 17:10 YYZ
12/13/19 19:50 789
Daily
76% / 19m J6 C1 D0 Z0 P0 R0 O0 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9
Thank you for checking. Very helpful!
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
E35k flying on comfort fare AC119 on Dec 6. Tried to eUpgrade a week out and put on waitlist. Not on the business class waitlist. Showing 14/14 so full. 1 cleared but several ahead. Would’ve expected my name at least be on the list albeit at the bottom.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
E35k flying on comfort fare AC119 on Dec 6. Tried to eUpgrade a week out and put on waitlist. Not on the business class waitlist. Showing 14/14 so full. 1 cleared but several ahead. Would’ve expected my name at least be on the list albeit at the bottom.
Were you checked in yet?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:56 am

Yes, I looked at the list in app after I checked in. Still not showing this morning.

Then I logged into my eUpgrade account and it shows that I have two of the same outbound flights. Undefined is the status of one and the other shows not available under J.

i assume these are IT issues. I don’t mind not clearing the upgrade, more concerned with the ability to use the rest of my credits in the next couple of months.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by flyquiet
As someone else posted, you should not get into the MLL on an eUpgrade. eUpgrades change your seat on the plane, not any other benefits or amenities. Whether they are organized enough to deny entry is another question. However, last weekend the YYZ TB MLL was standing room only, and if I didn't clearly have status to get in, I sure hope they would have told me to hit the road.

I fly 1674 a lot and I always upgrade, but I don't book the flight until I am inside my eUpgrade window and if it's R0 I book a different flight with R>0. It might be R0, J>0 but it rarely leaves with an empty J seat.

Due to the system migration, I suspect anything people guess is 99% based on normal operations and nothing is normal. Normally, they might let a P25K wait until the gate to get the upgrade. (That avoids them trying to scam their way into the lounge.) However, they've said they're going to try to sort out upgrades ahead of time. But just based on what I am reading here, it looks like T-48 hours is the end of "in advance" and it's that time now. How's it looking?
thanks. The MLL is really a non issue we don’t get there early enough really anyway and not to sound ungrateful but the MLL are terrible value and not like the EU lounges we are used to. Regardless I can’t even access the booking anymore. Get an error page. We will check in hopefully later and if we get a seat we get a seat if not we are well seated in the regular cabin. Just didn’t want to waste the eupgrades lol
many thanks
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
eUpgrade Error

Is anyone getting this error when trying to look up their flight on the new eupgrade site?

eupg.error.8503
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Another data point

My Eupgrades cleared today for ac845 fra to yyc December 9. Expert flyer showed j9 today earlier
altitude 75k.notified by sms.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This whole eupgrade thing is a giant mess. I don't know about the rest of you, but I try to put into my calendar to do upgrades against my upcoming flights as soon as its within the window normally. Since the transition, nothing displays properly. If you go into the transaction screen, you see credits taking out, and then put back in. I am getting some of the upgrades via email, and others I don't. None of my recent flights have shown upgraded or such on the boarding cards until I usually get to the gate. I don't know, I guess I'll just keep pushing the buttons like a monkey and hope some go through here and there!
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:21 am

Thank you again for your help and suggestions yyznomad monkai ridefar ! You guys were right and I was simply a few hours early with my request. I can now waitlist as usual.
monkai likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:56 am

Thank you again for your help and suggestions yyznomad monkai ridefar ! You guys were right and I was simply a few hours early with my request. I can now waitlist as usual.
Likewise, on the list now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.