Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Soon boarding another Woolly Mammoth HD for AC137.
I'd like to see a real live Woolly Mammoth. For me, the HD is more like Polio.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I'd like to see a real live Woolly Mammoth. For me, the HD is more like Polio.
Don't think you're likely to see either a real live Woolly Mammoth or, unlike polio, the effective eradication of HD aircraft from the skies.

Correction: far more likely to see the mammoth.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Question J SOP different on the HD config?

Yet another trip on the HD and yet another reminder of how much I despise it.

Question: Is J SOP different on the HD config than other ML flights?

Anyway... 2016, here we come! Eventual good riddance to that POC (Piece of Crap) J product.

Shout out to all my self-righteous trollers out here!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite

Question: Is J SOP different on the HD config than other ML flights?

Anyway... 2016, here we come! Eventual good riddance to that POC (Piece of Crap) J product.

Shout out to all my self-righteous trollers out here!
SOP WRT what?

From what I gather, SOP for crews is that they have to check their bags to make room for pax's luggage in the bins.

I believe everything else is the same, no?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
SOP WRT what?

From what I gather, SOP for crews is that they have to check their bags to make room for pax's luggage in the bins.

I believe everything else is the same, no?
As I said, compared to the rest of mainline.

I ask because I have been on the HD enough times to notice weird nuances with the crews. Often things like not taking meal order by status and then some SEs being told there is none of their preferred menu item remaining, the starboard aisle FA in J often reaches over G seats and also serves the D seats where the SD should be serving the D seats, double stacking of Y luggage in the J bins, etc.

This is not something I notice from flying once on the HD. I've flown enough times on this Wildebeest to notice these nuances. I could probably compile a laundry list, but I think you get the drift.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: *$ Green
As I said, compared to the rest of mainline.

I ask because I have been on the HD enough times to notice weird nuances with the crews. Often things like not taking meal order by status and then some SEs being told there is none of their preferred menu item remaining, the starboard aisle FA in J often reaches over G seats and also serves the D seats where the SD should be serving the D seats, double stacking of Y luggage in the J bins, etc.

This is not something I notice from flying once on the HD. I've flown enough times on this Wildebeest to notice these nuances. I could probably compile a laundry list, but I think you get the drift.
Do you find differences in SOP between 787 and 777 (not HD)
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Do you find differences in SOP between 787 and 777 (not HD)
In general, nope. Where there are differences, it is the implementation that is different but the framework and methodology stays the same.

For example, the dreamliner seats require the aisle armrest to go down during taxi, takeoff, and landing, where as the non-HD 777s don't have such a thing. Another example is with the non-HD 777 IFE screens having to be stowed for taxi, takeoff, and landing, where with the dreamliners such a thing doesn't exist. These are just some examples out of many.

Stuff like that.

But in general the service is consistent on both types of metal.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: *$ Green
In general, nope. Where there are differences, it is the implementation that is different but the framework and methodology stays the same.

For example, the dreamliner seats require the aisle armrest to go down during taxi, takeoff, and landing, where as the non-HD 777s don't have such a thing. Another example is with the non-HD 777 IFE screens having to be stowed for taxi, takeoff, and landing, where with the dreamliners such a thing doesn't exist. These are just some examples out of many.

Stuff like that.

But in general the service is consistent on both types of metal.
I see. I was under the impression that the 787 was not loaded with as many goods as the 777.

But I think that may just be the odd experience. I only fly about 1-2x a year to go see my grandma so I don't have a good sample size.

Looking forward to trying the 777HD in J though. Just so I can get the t-shirt.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see. I was under the impression that the 787 was not loaded with as many goods as the 777.

But I think that may just be the odd experience. I only fly about 1-2x a year to go see my grandma so I don't have a good sample size.

You're lucky you still have a grandma.

My SOP question was regarding service, not in terms of the hardware/hard product. I just find it clumsy and lackluster on the HD compared to other mainline metal.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Marlin240
Don't think you're likely to see either a real live Woolly Mammoth or, unlike polio, the effective eradication of HD aircraft from the skies.

Correction: far more likely to see the mammoth.
Polio... HD... Can't walk if you've survived either.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
I have read some 20+ comments and decided to go to BKK via Narita instead of Hongkong. I am 190 cm tall and too old for this BDSM experiment on HD.
AC!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Eugeniusz Bodo
I have read some 20+ comments and decided to go to BKK via Narita instead of Hongkong. I am 190 cm tall and too old for this BDSM experiment on HD.
AC!

Good call. Also, I'm sorry but I laughed. First time ever I've seen BDSM and AC mentioned together. BTW, 20+ comments doesn't begin to describe how some people here really feel....150+ pages, 2,200+ posts and not much love for that bird or it's current interior.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eugeniusz Bodo
too old for this BDSM experiment on HD.
AC!
Probably explains why some here like the HD. I guess "HD" could be short for other things.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Yet you don't vote with your wallet.

You despise it, yet you travelled on it again.

To Air Canada, this is 'Mission Accomplished.'
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Another masochist? I thought the whole purpose of FT was to learn from others experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.