Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
162 is seasonal, no?

And would you really take a narrow-body over the HD?
Yep! I've done such a thing. Plus the later time for 162 suited me better in several cases.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yep! I've done such a thing. Plus the later time for 162 suited me better in several cases.
I'll accept schedule arguments, but the HD is way better than a 320 in J...
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just out of curiousity: Do you often take NA red-eyes? I'm perfectly fine with a YYZ-FRA overnight flight or even the shorter YYZ-LHR flight, but getting just 2.5h-3h of sleep during a YVR-YYZ re-eye is just brutal IMO (that is - if you plan to be productive upon arrival).
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just out of curiousity: Do you often take NA red-eyes? I'm perfectly fine with a YYZ-FRA overnight flight or even the shorter YYZ-LHR flight, but getting just 2.5h-3h of sleep during a YVR-YYZ re-eye is just brutal IMO (that is - if you plan to be productive upon arrival).
I was just thinking the same thing. I despise NA red-eyes because you just don't get enough sleep to avoid being messed up on arrival!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by why fly
facts by you again. lots of airlines are running record loads.
AC is also running a profit but that has more to do with oil price rather than brilliant management.
.?? AC profits are not just from the cost of oil dropping. There actual cost excluding oil are dropping too. Most US/world airlines including WestJet are not seeing this. So, management is doing something. Maybe not brilliant, but a lot of airlines are looking what AC is doing.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Nobody who has posted in this thread has actually flown 777HD Y in a non-preferred seat, or moreover, flown it without status.
I have flown it in non-preferred Y - equipment changes do that to you, and status does not help you one bit (because AC IT is still incapable of translating 18A on a 77W to 18A on the HD). There's even a review by me somewhere.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: AC E50K
Nobody who has posted in this thread has actually flown 777HD Y in a non-preferred seat, or moreover, flown it without status.
I have done so many times in Tango fare Y YVR-YYZ. Status or not did not matter, just board first. Also many times in J YVR-HKG.

In 2015 I have switched to CX J for YVR-HKG. End result: I will be only E35 in 2016.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
My mother did and she thought it was fine
Forgot to mention she is 5' tall, 95 lbs
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I've been in the dreaded 777HD window seat LHR-YVR.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'll accept schedule arguments, but the HD is way better than a 320 in J...
Good thing for me is that I don't have to abide by your rules

Yes, when I had both the choice of 162 and 156 in J, I sometimes selected 162 for no other reason than to avoid a Big Bertha.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Good thing for me is that I don't have to abide by your rules

Yes, when I had both the choice of 162 and 156 in J, I sometimes selected 162 for no other reason than to avoid a Big Bertha.
Meh, more seats for me to cheapen
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Meh, more seats for me to cheapen
Too bad for you those lovely cocoons will be dodo birds.

Once the new J is in, I'll be back in them, so that's one less seat for you to cheapen.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not often... I'd say a few times a month? As you noted... totally not fun regardless of the aircraft type.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Not often... I'd say a few times a month? As you noted... totally not fun regardless of the aircraft type.
Haha, "not often" and "a few times a month" somewhat contradict each other.

I think I was more relaxed after flying CPT-JNB-ADD-LHR-YYZ-YVR-SYD than taking the YVR-YYZ red-eye. Those red-eyes are just terrible.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haha, "not often" and "a few times a month" somewhat contradict each other.
Right... ok, I guess in MY case, "a few times a month" is "not often" I think you'll agree with that.

Those red-eyes are just terrible. I arrived more relaxed after flying CPT-JNB-ADD-LHR-YYZ-YVR-SYD than taking the YVR-YYZ red-eye.
Yep. The west to east north american redeyes hurt the soul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.