Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
You have my attention. Do go on.

How do the J-products compare?
I don't pay any attention to that. My focus is strictly on the extra pitch and seat width in Y
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
It's a slight update to the existing Cirrus J-pod already in use on CX's 777s.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/review-cathay-pacific-airbus-a350-business-class

They're rolling the same seat out across the 777 fleet over the next year to two years.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Seriously, a CX vs AC J comparison? I'm not even sure that same scale can be used.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Maybe CX will decide whether to become evil with 10 Abreast 777 or not based off competition performance vs AC on this route. They are already testing HD seats much to my disappointment.

I hope my thesis is right.. price is not everything in the long term and once Oil price comes back these carriers would find themselves choking on all of this extra capacity.
Any room in your thesis for CX's plunging profits? . . . i.e., Specifically attributed to competitors w lower seat-mile cost on the back of denser configs?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Any room in your thesis for CX's plunging profits? . . . i.e., Specifically attributed to competitors w lower seat-mile cost on the back of denser configs?
From what I've read so far, Jack's general thesis is that airlines should offer round-trip, Tango fares YVR-HKG, earning 100% AQM, on 777s seated 2x3x2 with 40" pitch, for $498 tax-in.

...and that the only reason an airline would NOT do this is pure, viscous hatred for the physical well-being of the flying public.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
WOW and it has nothing to do with competition from ME3 interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.