Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Is the HD J seat the same as the Swiss 777HD seat? Is this the same seat that's in the Swiss A330/340, or does it just look similar? Swiss J seems to get good reviews, so I'm wondering if the same seat is disliked in liked/disliked depending on market, or if the seat has been changed and feels worse in the 777? (The Swiss 777 won't fly until later this year I believe, so no one really knows how comfortable it'll be, but it looks the same as what their Airbuses have, and the same as AC.)
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
2 weeks ago I got my last rides on the HD. One red-eye to YYZ and one 7pm flight to YVR.

Red-Eye in 1C and Night flight in 2A. While it was a bit nostalgic knowing they are leaving.......... I did not shead a tear.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
None of the 777s ever wore colours other than AC. They were built as 777-333ERs. Check the build dates.
AC itself reported in 2011 that they had exercised purchase rights for two 777s and in 2012 for an additional 3. Two Globe and Mail stories in 2012 covered AC's intentions regarding a JV for an Asia LCC, including its search for partners. The later story reported that AC had "suspended talks for a joint venture with Virgin Group Ltd. to launch Pacific flights."

This is the origin of the HDs.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by televisor
Is the HD J seat the same as the Swiss 777HD seat? Is this the same seat that's in the Swiss A330/340, or does it just look similar? Swiss J seems to get good reviews, so I'm wondering if the same seat is disliked in liked/disliked depending on market, or if the seat has been changed and feels worse in the 777? (The Swiss 777 won't fly until later this year I believe, so no one really knows how comfortable it'll be, but it looks the same as what their Airbuses have, and the same as AC.)
Yes, it somewhat similar, but certainly not identical. I find there is a bit more space on the LX HD style J/C seats... But I also avoid those LX seats when I can... I personally disagree with any positive comments with those seats.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I just love it when I finally got the approval to get J rewards.... all dates with reasonable transfer time just instantly evaporated into the air under a hour.

Its gonna be fun... 28 hours total in the HD beast.

"Hi Jack, are you excited for 3-4-3"
"No" AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA SOBS
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I just love it when I finally got the approval to get J rewards.... all dates with reasonable transfer time just instantly evaporated into the air under a hour.

Its gonna be fun... 28 hours total in the HD beast.
Reporter Makes Kid Cry News Blooper - YouTube

"Hi Jack, are you excited for 3-4-3"
"No" AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA SOBS
You're looking at YYZ-PVG, right ? Isn't it possible to just book the most circuitous, all-AC J routing and then SDC to the direct on the day of?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pewpew
You're looking at YYZ-PVG, right ? Isn't it possible to just book the most circuitous, all-AC J routing and then SDC to the direct on the day of?
Yes.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 17, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by pewpew
PVG-YYZ
If J0 on the day then I am kind of royally screwed with 5 more hours at YVR then Y all the way to YYZ.
Also I can not find specific how much SDC would cost other than "A Fee May Apply"

Landing at 1AM in Pearson is not exactly an option. I had thought about doing it with a 90 Mins connection at YVR and when I finally decided to pull the trigger, all are gone LOL.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
PVG-YYZ
If J0 on the day then I am kind of royally screwed with 5 more hours at YVR then Y all the way to YYZ.
Also I can not find specific how much SDC would cost other than "A Fee May Apply"

Landing at 1AM in Pearson is not exactly an option. I had thought about doing it with a 90 Mins connection at YVR and when I finally decided to pull the trigger, all are gone LOL.
Afaik it's $100CAD, but don't quote me on it.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Afaik it's $100CAD, but don't quote me on it.
Yeah.. may no longer be worth it with another $100 on top of the $290 YQ+ Taxes
Also the idea of flying J doesn't feel exactly comfortable for a 2nd year student. :P
Maybe when I graduate I will go all out on a J RTW, assuming its still allowed by then lol.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:06 pm

Looking at the seatmap for an upcoming flight on HKG-YVR and it seems the aircraft type has been changed to 1-2-1 for Business and no longer uses the high density config. Can anyone confirm?

PE also not on sale and seat 7 business class is after the exit row?

Last edited by waver99; Jun 7, 2016 at 11:13 pm
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Same plane - 787 J style seats now. The original 777HD J seats are gone.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I flew AC8 today.
7 rows of J, almost identical to the the 787.
Stupid tray table still blocking your knees when you lie down.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mendy7511
I flew AC8 today.
7 rows of J, almost identical to the the 787.
Stupid tray table still blocking your knees when you lie down.
I don't think I'll ever understand this comment (meaning I recognize you're not the first to say it).

The foot area could certainly be larger, but I have not had any knee issues on any AC configuration, including the old HD.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think I'll ever understand this comment (meaning I recognize you're not the first to say it).

The foot area could certainly be larger, but I have not had any knee issues on any AC configuration, including the old HD.
Next time, lie on your back and try to bend your knees.
The xm pods has the most unrestricted space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.