Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jack Jia
Well...we are considered to be bottom feeders and our tickets are graciously paid partly by those who bought flex and up. So naturally asking for a reasonable upsell or even a humane experience is obviously out of question
Yeah, but consider that they offer preferred (not sure by who after sitting in one) at roughly $10/hour each way. Are they telling me that PY is worth an additional say $50/hour on top of that? That a single higher end meal (that cost them $10 more) and a slightly larger screen is worth the additional $600?

Sorry, but I'd rather just stick to normal Y and possibly score an empty seat beside me.

Also notice some of the mainland China carriers are starting to up their game at similar prices...
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Yeah, but consider that they offer preferred (not sure by who after sitting in one) at roughly $10/hour each way. Are they telling me that PY is worth an additional say $50/hour on top of that? That a single higher end meal (that cost them $10 more) and a slightly larger screen is worth the additional $600?

Sorry, but I'd rather just stick to normal Y and possibly score an empty seat beside me.

Also notice some of the mainland China carriers are starting to up their game at similar prices...
esp in biz class, going to hit AC directly where it hurts on TPAC, PE is next
I never cared that much for price difference, now that AC have trashed long haul, I think I am.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:05 pm

esp in biz class, going to hit AC directly where it hurts on TPAC, PE is next
I never cared that much for price difference, now that AC have trashed long haul, I think I am.
Slipped my mind, but sometimes CX also has some surprise sales that rival AC on those routes. Not often, but they do.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Slipped my mind, but sometimes CX also has some surprise sales that rival AC on those routes. Not often, but they do.
Yep, as long as CX is not 15% more than AC, I would pick CX all day every day, until it too bites the dust and reconfigure

How ironic we live in a world where bags flies free on south west, but not on NA main lines
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
I think 10 is the absolute threshold and there is no way AC can attempt to make it any smaller. So I guess this is it, this is as awful its going to get in the Y Cabin.Legroom wise another inch or two reduction is coming. But I think there will come a time when the superior product wins when it comes to loads. Funny thing is since street cares a lot about load factor(which will bite AC in its arse at some point)

And I think its complete BS to say that the 3 rows of 3-3-3 is not going to be filled. (It won't be filled only because AC refuse to charge proper price in relation to the product they are selling- PE on YYZ-LHR prime example)
There will be more than 10% of people on any given Flight that A) Has some kind of status B) Flies for Business
Take out the complete scam PY cabin(That we know its doing extremely poorly on some major routes because people know what its worth,How AC manage to charge that much on TPAC is puzzling), have a proper Y+ Section with 3 rows at 15% markup, no way it won't succeed. (Sigh only If its worth it for me time wise to fly to a city served by American Airlines for Y+ )

FLAME AWAY
Not sure why you call PE a scam. I wouldn't pay the flexible fare (I've seen it at $6000 round trip YVR-LHR), but I will for sure pay the lowest fare. If I can't get PE lowest fare, I sure as h*ll won't fly long haul in 10 across. I'll take another route or fly on another day.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: *$ Green
I think 10 is the absolute threshold and there is no way AC can attempt to make it any smaller.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=aircr...rbCKAQ_AUIBigB

Edit:

Here's a particularly interesting one.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Boeing's recent patent application with 12 across in Business 3x3x3x3

http://www.ausbt.com.au/boeing-patents-12-across-business-class-seating

Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Plumber
Boeing's recent patent application with 12 across in Business 3x3x3x3

http://www.ausbt.com.au/boeing-patents-12-across-business-class-seating

I actually posted that link back last Nov or Dec, along with a hilarious design from early last year by SparseFlyer - who seemed who have a similar and equally frightening concept. I think those posts were deleted for some reason. I suggested we all take a deep breath for what the future brings (or go on a serious diet)
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
RyanAir was trying to get approval for standing room only on their planes a few years back. I think they were trying to charge £1 to use the washroom too, neither went through afaik.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
RyanAir was trying to get approval for standing room only on their planes a few years back. I think they were trying to charge £1 to use the washroom too, neither went through afaik.
That was a stupid publicity stunt, the 738 is exit limited to what Ryanair currently holds anyway.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
That was a stupid publicity stunt, the 738 is exit limited to what Ryanair currently holds anyway.
Come on now. Just think about how many more emergency exists they could add if they got rid of all the seats!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
I actually posted that link back last Nov or Dec, along with a hilarious design from early last year by SparseFlyer - who seemed who have a similar and equally frightening concept. I think those posts were deleted for some reason. I suggested we all take a deep breath for what the future brings (or go on a serious diet)
I don't know why they don't try bunk beds or capsules of some sort.

Or bunl beds in stacks. Lower can sit up, upper can't. Maybe that's a problem for takeoff and landing. But I'd go for flying capsule hotel style just fine. All I want to go is get in, go to sleep, and wake up on the ground.

Give me an injection. I don't need movies or food or booze. I just want to not know it's happening.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by nihonto

Or bunl beds in stacks. Lower can sit up, upper can't. Maybe that's a problem for takeoff and landing. But I'd go for flying capsule hotel style just fine. All I want to go is get in, go to sleep, and wake up on the ground.

Give me an injection. I don't need movies or food or booze. I just want to not know it's happening.
WOULD LOVE IT
Honestly,not everyone can afford the big J pods, something that is compacted, tight for TPAC would be great for those of us willing to pay 50% more than tango
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere

Sounds like the fifth element
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Or bunl beds in stacks. Lower can sit up, upper can't. Maybe that's a problem for takeoff and landing. But I'd go for flying capsule hotel style just fine. All I want to go is get in, go to sleep, and wake up on the ground.......

Well, last year, I had also suggested lap seating. I think it was about the time everyone was freaking out over Scrouge seating (as opposed to the current enemy, the 77HD).

I imagined all the extra pax that could be loaded, and with lap seating, money saved on IFE because what's in your lap IS the IFE. LOL

Still, I think we all know that these HD birds serve a purpose. Those of us who know about it or have already experienced it, can either avoid it or not.

Time vs money vs sanity. Spin the wheel, throw a dart, but really, other than patent applications for new forms of flying hell, none of it is going away.

Reality bites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.