Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by jc94
RyanAir was trying to get approval for standing room only on their planes a few years back. I think they were trying to charge £1 to use the washroom too, neither went through afaik.
I believe the RyanAir standing room was a April 1 press release.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Jack Jia
WOULD LOVE IT
Honestly,not everyone can afford the big J pods, something that is compacted, tight for TPAC would be great for those of us willing to pay 50% more than tango
Lol right I'm sure AC will get right on offering you a capsule or bunk for less money than they sell Flex for.

Besides that, how much tighter can you realistically get lie-flat than today's J seats while meeting safety requirements.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Lol right I'm sure AC will get right on offering you a capsule or bunk for less money than they sell Flex for.

Besides that, how much tighter can you realistically get lie-flat than today's J seats while meeting safety requirements.
How much tighter than AC's 1-2-1, NH's 2-2-2, or UA's 2-4-2?

Whenever you think it can't get any tighter, someone will prove you wrong
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
How much tighter than AC's 1-2-1, NH's 2-2-2, or UA's 2-4-2?

Whenever you think it can't get any tighter, someone will prove you wrong
For a second there I thought you are trolling with 2-4-2, So I googled it... and holy cow.
Then again as long as its priced right don't see why I should not try it. if all I want is to lie down and this 2-4-2 is about 50% cheaper, seems like a good trade off.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

Was browsing around youtube while bored,came across this ad series.
And tears came into my eyes- literally.
I feel like I want to reach out and give jetblue a hug.

Chances are the real jetblue is reducing legroom also... but still.. for a minute I felt at ease by listening to the pigeon. (Idealist)
Old Feb 19, 2016, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jack Jia
Air on the Side of Humanityâ„¢: Flying shouldn't ruffle your feathers - YouTube

Was browsing around youtube while bored,came across this ad series.
And tears came into my eyes- literally.
I feel like I want to reach out and give jetblue a hug.

Chances are the real jetblue is reducing legroom also... but still.. for a minute I felt at ease by listening to the pigeon. (Idealist)
For people who only fly within the area jetblue covers, it might be hard to resist going with a smaller carrier to get better service, but unfortunately, niche airlines like jetblue will remain niche for many people.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Flew AC8 for the first time last Friday. Was eUpped to J at the gate. Had 1G but switched to 2D so a husband and wife could sit together. First time on the 777-HD (I've been lucky prior to this.)

I have no hesitation to say that this is the worst AC J seat in the fleet. The seat is too narrow. The tunnel for your feet/legs is too narrow, and not high enough. The lumbar support is too hard when the seat is fully flat. I could not find a comfortable position for sleeping. The seat controls are poorly positioned near where the table stows and I was constantly inadvertently activating the chair with my hand when in the seated position.

Positives: nice, large screen.
--
13F
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Flew AC8 for the first time last Friday. Was eUpped to J at the gate. Had 1G but switched to 2D so a husband and wife could sit together. First time on the 777-HD (I've been lucky prior to this.)

I have no hesitation to say that this is the worst AC J seat in the fleet. The seat is too narrow. The tunnel for your feet/legs is too narrow, and not high enough. The lumbar support is too hard when the seat is fully flat. I could not find a comfortable position for sleeping. The seat controls are poorly positioned near where the table stows and I was constantly inadvertently activating the chair with my hand when in the seated position.

--
13F
The positives don't make up for the negatives. Thank god there days are numbered. For the very few that like them, there are a few European airlines still installing these seats.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ

--
13F
Nice large screen with laggy user interface and fixed display angle. The one positive aspect doesn't count for much.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I may have missed this but haven't been following this thread. When is the HD J seat being ripped out for the new J seat? Anyone know?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I may have missed this but haven't been following this thread. When is the HD J seat being ripped out for the new J seat? Anyone know?
It's in progress, it's on track to complete in May. Before then, check the wiki to see if your plane is converted.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...its-777-a.html
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
They are the last to be done. According to the refurb thread in the Wiki, none of them have been done yet. On AC7/8 (YVRHKG), the 77W is supposed to be refurbs flying in April. Apparently the other 777's are going very much on schedule too.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...its-777-a.html
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Thanks eigenvictor and Diabeetus.

I'm not too familiar with how to track fins because it's been a while and obsolete knowledge gets autopurged from my mind.

There is a 777HD that flies between YYZ and YVR. How can I find the fin so that I can track when it's going to be swapped out? The routes listed in the posts you two gentlemen posted in doesn't have that route. I presume it goes YYZ - YVR - Intl destination, I just don't know what that destination is, so I can't look it up by route. Thanks guys for your help.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Thanks eigenvictor and Diabeetus.

I'm not too familiar with how to track fins because it's been a while and obsolete knowledge gets autopurged from my mind.

There is a 777HD that flies between YYZ and YVR. How can I find the fin so that I can track when it's going to be swapped out? The routes listed in the posts you two gentlemen posted in doesn't have that route. I presume it goes YYZ - YVR - Intl destination, I just don't know what that destination is, so I can't look it up by route. Thanks guys for your help.
I'm not very good at tracking fins myself, but AC 153 is always(99%) the HK aircraft, so it will be HD.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
flightradar24.com and flightaware.com, enter the aircraft registration (C-Fxxx) and you'll see where the specific aircraft is and where it's expected to be going. You'll only be able to tell which aircraft is flying on a specific route a couple of days in advance - maybe 4 days at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.