Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:02 pm

Making Diamond Do the 15,000 bonus miles count from TD Visa?

So I will be a few miles short of making Diamond this year. If I apply for and get a TD Aeroplan card with 15,000 miles will the 15,000 miles count towards making Diamond?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved for a TD Aeroplan card?

Thanks,
CanuckOnFire
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:13 pm
alc

Originally Posted by CanuckOnFire
So I will be a few miles short of making Diamond this year. If I apply for and get a TD Aeroplan card with 15,000 miles will the 15,000 miles count towards making Diamond?

Thanks,
CanuckOnFire
I got both TD and CIBC Aeroplan VISA this year and both of the sign-up bonus do not count toward Aeroplan status.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
https://www.tdaeroplan.com/seethewor...xoCo8cQAvD_BwE

These miles are not eligible for Aeroplan status.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait

Thanks,
CanuckOnFire
My experience this spring was:
CIBC INFINITE SIGN UP BONUS : not eligible for Aeroplan status qualifying miles
CIBC VISA INFINITE PURCHASES: eligible for Aeroplan status qualifying miles

TD INFINITE WELCOME BONUS: not eligible for Aeroplan status qualifying miles
TD VISA INFINITE PURCHASES: eligible for Aeroplan status qualifying miles

TD MILES FOR HOME QUOTE (earn 500+500): eligible for Aeroplan status qualifying miles
https://www.tdinsurance.com/products...ar-home-bundle

How many miles are we talking about that you need ?

Approval was instant for me this year. I can't recall how long it took to receive the card.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:28 pm

Right now I am short about 20,000 but I am fairly sure I will get that down to less than 10,000 short. I am usually over by 4,000 to 5,000 but I probably will not hit that without significant effort.

Thanks for the responses, I will have to look for another avenue.

..... CanuckOnFire
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:36 pm
alc

Right now I am short about 20,000 but I am fairly sure I will get that down to less than 10,000 short. I am usually over by 4,000 to 5,000 but I probably will not hit that without significant effort.

Thanks for the responses, I will have to look for another avenue.

..... CanuckOnFire
not sure when is your billing cycle, but the chance are you only have 1 billing cycle remaining. So, if you do want the Aeroplan Diamond status, you need to make sure you spend money and posted on your account before your billing cycle end for the last month of the year.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:41 pm

Interesting, the billing cycle cut off is the 24th of each month. I thought for status they would include the days between the 24th and the 31st. Not that I spend that much then anyways.

Thanks for the tip. All pointers gratefully accepted.

..... CanuckOnFire
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:54 pm
alc

Interesting, the billing cycle cut off is the 24th of each month. I thought for status they would include the days between the 24th and the 31st. Not that I spend that much then anyways.

Thanks for the tip. All pointers gratefully accepted.

..... CanuckOnFire
Just to comment more, since Aeroplan miles on Credit Card is post per bill cycle and not per transaction, it is based on the date listed for that lump-sum value. So, Aeroplan do not know how much to spend everyday.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:00 pm

AP redeemed flight in Y, 1st luggage, and td visa infinite

I'm trying to check in for my AP redeemed flight in economy for a domestic flight. It's telling me that I have to pay $25 for the check-in luggage and is asking me for CC info Since it's an AP flight, I want to be able to use my td visa infinite to get the complimentary 1st check baggage free.

How do I bypass that screen or get AC to recognize that I'll be using my TD visa infinite to get the 1st free luggage?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Just select zero bags and deal with it at the airport.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Just select zero bags and deal with it at the airport.
That's my experience too.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by seks
I'm trying to check in for my AP redeemed flight in economy for a domestic flight. It's telling me that I have to pay $25 for the check-in luggage and is asking me for CC info Since it's an AP flight, I want to be able to use my td visa infinite to get the complimentary 1st check baggage free.

How do I bypass that screen or get AC to recognize that I'll be using my TD visa infinite to get the 1st free luggage?
You are eligible for 1 free checked bag only if your are the primary cardholder and the ticket was redeemed using Aeroplan account attached to the Visa card.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
You are eligible for 1 free checked bag only if your are the primary cardholder and the ticket was redeemed using Aeroplan account attached to the Visa card.
Yes to all: primary card holder, the VISA card is linked to the AP account which the flight was redeemed from. Also paid the scamcharges with the card too (which I dont' think is necessary?)

I will select "0" for baggage and bring it up at the airport Tnx everyone.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Yes to all: primary card holder, the VISA card is linked to the AP account which the flight was redeemed from. Also paid the scamcharges with the card too (which I dont' think is necessary?)

I will select "0" for baggage and bring it up at the airport Tnx everyone.
I had both TD and CIBC ae infinite visa, and redeemed for the flight using my ae points for a trip in Oct. For OLCI it also asked me to pay for the one checked bag. I had to select 0. At the yyz airport the agent said she knows I should get the free checked bag, but could not get the system to waive the charge. She had to call the supervisor, and took them 15 minutes to figure out how not to charge me. Oh, they also don't know how to get zone 2 (instead of zone 5) printed on my boarding pass, for boarding zone.

Earlier this year in March, I had another trip (redeemed my points) and went to the yyz MLL. I did not use TD or CIBC visa for MLL for this year yet (supposed to get one visit, on each card). But for whatever reason the agent when swiping my TD or CIBC visa, says she doesn't see if I'm eligible to get in. I was not happy as I should've been able to use either card, and told her if she really can't let me in, I'll go to Priority Pass lounge as I have passes to that. She eventually said just for this time she'll make an exception and let me in ?!?

It's been many years since ae and TD/CIBC had the arrangement, but they still cannot get this to work.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:36 pm

...... Also paid the scamcharges with the card too (which I dont' think is necessary?)
Not for lounge access but critical to activate the travel insurance that comes with the card! Have a great trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.