Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by jubberly
Reminder,to qualify for the 10k points after 90 days(assuming you applied thru greedyrates before dec 2) ....you have to keep the account "active".Make sure you make at least 1 purchase for each statement cycle.
Okay - so this is my activity:

Statement 1: several purchases
Statement 2: several purchases
Statement 3: several purchases (but not yet 90 days)
Statement 4: ZERO purchases (only a payment)

Is my account still considered 'active' even though I didn't make any purchases on statement 4 (and the full 90 days). I don't plan on using the card anymore since now I figured I qualified for the 10K bonus? But if those b*stards can get me on a technicality because I haven't been making any purchases on my 4th statement....

I thought "active" meant "not cancelled"!!!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by pokee
Okay - so this is my activity:

Statement 1: several purchases
Statement 2: several purchases
Statement 3: several purchases (but not yet 90 days)
Statement 4: ZERO purchases (only a payment)

Is my account still considered 'active' even though I didn't make any purchases on statement 4 (and the full 90 days). I don't plan on using the card anymore since now I figured I qualified for the 10K bonus? But if those b*stards can get me on a technicality because I haven't been making any purchases on my 4th statement....

I thought "active" meant "not cancelled"!!!
You just need to keep some activity going so that you can generate a statement, that is if you want to see if the points posted onto it. Your bill payment mentioned will appear on 4th statement, and this should do. Then you can stop using the card.

I only used it for a first purchase, and didn't use it again, so it generated the 1st and 2nd statements, but had no 3rd statement. Spent a bit with it during third month and the 10K bonus points appeared on the 4th statement.

Hopefully you will see the points by your 4th statement, if not, and I know you hate this, but contact TD to resolve, and then buy a lucky charm with it to generate another statement for the 5th month.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:32 pm

OH WOW - my 10K bonus points showed up on the 4th statement!!! Hallelujah! I can finally turf this card!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by jubberly
Reminder,to qualify for the 10k points after 90 days(assuming you applied thru greedyrates before dec 2) ....you have to keep the account "active".Make sure you make at least 1 purchase for each statement cycle.
Planning to do so as I have credit now anyways as I paid the fee before the rebate showed up. That is the only way to be considered active, transactions?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Planning to do so as I have credit now anyways as I paid the fee before the rebate showed up. That is the only way to be considered active, transactions?
You don't need to keep the card "active" to get the bonus points, by spending with it. But you do need to invoke ONE txn per month (make a purchase, pay the balance) to generate a statement so that you can see if the points post. You should see them by the 4th statement. For these new TD promos, the one where you need to wait till the card anniversary, you can just shelve the card until the 11th/12th month, and then start using it again to fire up the statements.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait

Patrick at Rewards Canada reports that TD will eliminate the First Year Free offer on the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card after today (Sunday, March 5, 2017).

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2017/03...m_campaign=563

If you have been hemming and hawing about grabbing the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card because the sign up bonus is only 15,000 miles with first year free then this should make up your mind. The new offer that will release on Monday will have the same bonus of 15,000 miles on 1st purchase but will not be first year free anymore! Get it now to get those 15,000 miles for no cost!

P.S.: I've added a link to a screenshot of this offer, before it goes away, just in case TD later "forgets" this offer.
https://ibb.co/eGs1ov
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by jerry305
Patrick at Rewards Canada reports that TD will eliminate the First Year Free offer on the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card after today (Sunday, March 5, 2017).

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2017/03...m_campaign=563

If you have been hemming and hawing about grabbing the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card because the sign up bonus is only 15,000 miles with first year free then this should make up your mind. The new offer that will release on Monday will have the same bonus of 15,000 miles on 1st purchase but will not be first year free anymore! Get it now to get those 15,000 miles for no cost!
Thanks for the reminder!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Crap.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Updated the wiki with the new/current promotion as of today March 6, 2017 with up too 30k bonus points.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
(post withdrawn)

Last edited by jerry305; Mar 7, 2017 at 8:17 am
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Updated the wiki with the new/current promotion as of today March 6, 2017 with up too 30k bonus points.
Looks like they've pulled this card from GCR, too...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:28 pm
alc

Originally Posted by pokee
Looks like they've pulled this card from GCR, too...
maybe they are just updating the web site with the new offer?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by alc
maybe they are just updating the web site with the new offer?
Saw a new offer in my local Metro newspaper today with the 25K+5K bonus
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:18 pm

If you open up a "All-Inclusive Banking Plan" with TD and put 5K in there. They will waive the annual fee on this card.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Chris101
If you open up a "All-Inclusive Banking Plan" with TD and put 5K in there. They will waive the annual fee on this card.
And if you keep 5K in there, there's virtually no banking fees, and a bunch of other freebies (like a small SDB, and free cheques.....yes, I still work with some small businesses that prefer cheques; I write about 4 or 5 a month). With interest rates as bad as they are, there's not much else I'd be earning with that 5K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.