Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
From what I remember when I got this card 2 months ago, the only requirement to get the additional 10k points was to keep the account open for 90 days. The wiki confirms this.

Now I see this text on the TD site:

1 Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles (“Welcome Bonus Miles”) will be awarded to the Aeroplan Member account associated with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account.

To receive the additional 10,000 Aeroplan Miles, you must also: (a) apply for an Account between September 3, 2016, and December 2, 2016; and (b) make $1,000 in Purchases on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account approval.

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/produc...inite-card.jsp

I wasn't planning on hitting that spend, now I wonder if I need to. Thoughts?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:10 pm
alc

Originally Posted by tryinginvain
From what I remember when I got this card 2 months ago, the only requirement to get the additional 10k points was to keep the account open for 90 days. The wiki confirms this.

1 Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles (“Welcome Bonus Miles”) will be awarded to the Aeroplan Member account associated with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account.

To receive the additional 10,000 Aeroplan Miles, you must also: (a) apply for an Account between September 3, 2016, and December 2, 2016; and (b) make $1,000 in Purchases on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account approval.

During the summer sign-up bonus period, there were 2 (or more) version of this offer. I recall the one directly on TD website or AP website required the $1K spend, while the one from GCR do not. I applied mine via GCR and did not spend the $1K and got the add'l 10K

Hope this help
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by alc
During the summer sign-up bonus period, there were 2 (or more) version of this offer. I recall the one directly on TD website or AP website required the $1K spend, while the one from GCR do not. I applied mine via GCR and did not spend the $1K and got the add'l 10K

Hope this help
Still the case depending on which site application is made from.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by tryinginvain

I asked the same question here and was assured the spend wasn't necessary. I also called TD to confirm my GCR code showed up on my application. It did...BUT - the details of the GCR deal were not clear to the agent I spoke to on the phone. After 'verbally' confirming with someone, he found out for me that no, the spend was not necessary with this code. However, I did NOT feel good after I got off the phone. They're TD - they are going to screw it up. I figured the spend would be easy, so I just spent the $1000 as my back-up plan. I figure they have to give me either the GCR deal or the website deal - so if I meet the terms of both, they'll need to give me one! But apparently I'll have to wait for the 3rd or 4th statement (or CALL IN TO GET IT), even though I made the minimum spend by the second statement.

So, here we are, two months after I got my card, and I don't have the TD 50% AF rebate, and OF COURSE, my GCR rebate is missing and being investigated right now (normally with a missing rebate, they have it confirmed within a month or less. I've been waiting for 6 weeks - apparently TD has a 'New' person confirming the GCR applications, and TD is very "busy". Oh REALLY...big surprise. How much you want to bet the new person cannot find the code on my application and this thing drags on for another couple of months? I've expressed my concerns to GCR, so hopefully this "new" person takes care when looking up my botched double-application). God....I HATE TD with a passion - I cannot wait to turf this card.

Last edited by pokee; Nov 28, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by pokee
God....I HATE TD with a passion - I cannot wait to turf this card.
I understand, The day I got rid of mine, it was a happy day. TD is a waste of time and should not be in the credit card business.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...ate-custom.jsp

Anyone know where this came from? As usual the system crashes whenever I try to apply. Tried to phone in but the agent needs to know where this offer came from.

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
i think that's the same as the greedyrates.ca one
15 + 10 (90 days) + 5 (AU) + FYF
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Thanks, I got this code from the link: Sb6l9
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I was recently (at last) approved for the Infinite card. I have an upcoming AC coach award flight that was booked before applying for this card.

How do I get my previously booked award ticket flagged to get the CC benefits ? Do I need to call AC/Aeroplan to enable the flag or do I just need to wave the card at the Airport (how do I get assigned the boarding zone benefit?)

Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...ate-custom.jsp

Anyone know where this came from? As usual the system crashes whenever I try to apply. Tried to phone in but the agent needs to know where this offer came from.

Thanks!
Did this end up working out? I thought I'd give it a try since the terms are more appealing to me than what GCR/greedyrates has on offer right now.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
I used it a couple weeks ago to apply and was able to go thru all the way to the end (instant approval). Can't say whether or not the points/AF rebate will come thru without issue, as I only just received the PIN and am still waiting for the card, but at least the app process was smooth for me
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by heraclitus
Did this end up working out? I thought I'd give it a try since the terms are more appealing to me than what GCR/greedyrates has on offer right now.
Isn't that the generic affiliated promo page. I thought some people reported that they didn't get the FYF and had to spend $1000 to get the extra 10K, because there's no source code in that link. Applying through that link might require you to call in and request for those welcome benefits. i.e., won't come automatically.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Isn't that the generic affiliated promo page. I thought some people reported that they didn't get the FYF and had to spend $1000 to get the extra 10K, because there's no source code in that link. Applying through that link might require you to call in and request for those welcome benefits. i.e., won't come automatically.
Yuck... the thought of having to plead with TD on top of their generally annoying application process is making me think that GCR is the way to go... the $60 rebate will ease the pain of getting only 20K instead of 25K points
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
FYF rebate did not show up. Called TD after 3 monthly statements. Got the first year fee rebate (credit) after mentioning FlyerTalk.com promo.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by andye
FYF rebate did not show up. Called TD after 3 monthly statements. Got the first year fee rebate (credit) after mentioning FlyerTalk.com promo.
Heh. This isn't a FlyerTalk promo at all. Someone, found that weblink elsewhere on the internet, posted it on the WiKi without any source code, and also removed the info on what the source codes are for RFD (when it still had cash back for this), GCR and now GreedyRates.

Yes, the WiKi needed updating, but in one fell swoop some of the good stuff got prune off at the same time...and now there is that link which in my opinion, should be removed, else more and more people will fall into the same trap...not getting automatic new-card welcome benefits, and instead ending up with the basic standard (worse) vanilla TD welcome package.

I'd fix it, but I was waiting for more data points to surface. Anyone want to take this on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.