Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 26, 19, 5:49 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JJonahJ
Wiki Link
** PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING LINKS TO TD's DIRECT (INFERIOR) CARD APPLICATION PAGE **
The affiliated signups through GreedyRates/GCR have been better, sometimes MUCH better than applying with a non-affiliated signup. As an example, through GreedyRates (source code Sb6l9) during the prior and current Mar-May 2017 promo period, you don't need to spend $1000 to qualify for the bonus 10K after 90 days. Plus, GreedyRates is offering 100% rebate on the $120 annual fee, which you will NOT get if you sign up through a basic non-affiliated TD application page, through an email from TD, or in-branch. The "better" affiliated signups will usually have a web link URL with a source code at the end of the string - GreedyRates=Sb6l9, GCR=NTrSD.

GreedyRates affilated offer March 6 - May 4, 2017 (source code Sb6l9)
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...urceCode=Sb6l9
Get up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles and a 100% Annual Fee Rebate3 for the first year! (Primary Cardholder only). Apply by May 4, 2017.
  • Welcome Bonus1 of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles with your first Purchase
  • 10,000 Aeroplan Miles1 when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval
  • 5,000 Aeroplan Miles1 when you add an Authorized User to your Account by June 14, 2017 (Authorized User must call and activate their Card by July 31, 2017)
  • 100% Annual Fee Rebate3 for the first year (Primary Cardholder only) – that’s $120 in savings!

Great Canadian Rebates - GCR (source code NTrSD)
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/...Visa-Infinite/
** Do not post direct links to the GCR TD Visa card signup page.**
NOTE: GCR members MUST login first to get the click-thru ID and then the $50 cash back, after card signup and approval.
  • The Cash Back Rebate is from Great Canadian Rebates. It will be deposited to your GCR account.
  • Receive a Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles with your first Purchase
  • 10,000 Aeroplan Miles1 when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval
  • 5,000 Aeroplan Miles1 when you add an Authorized User to your Account by June 14, 2017 (Authorized User must call and activate their Card by July 31, 2017)
  • 50% Annual Fee Rebate for the first year (Primary Cardholder only) – that’s $60 in savings!
  • Offer Valid until May 4, 2017
  • Suggestion: if you have the TD All-Inclusive Chequing account, then your annual fees will be waived anyways. So the GCR promo is better for you than the GreedyRates promo because you will earn an extra $50 cash back. GCR memberships are FREE to signup for.

Basic/Direct (INFERIOR) TD Application promo for INFO only:
**removed link to avoid inadvertent signups**
New as of March 6, 2017
Get up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite* Card†. Offer ends June 14, 2017
  • Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles once you make your first Purchase on your Card†
  • 10,000 Aeroplan Miles when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of Account approval†
  • 5,000 Additional Aeroplan Miles when you add an Authorized User to your Account by June 14, 2017 (Authorized
  • User must call and activate their Card by July 31, 2017)†

Below is for reference purposes ONLY, for those that had signed up during the prior promo period, Dec 2016 to Mar 6th 2017.
  • Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles
  • 10,000 Aeroplan Miles after 1 year (only 5,000 from GCR)
  • 5,000 Additional Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you add an Authorized User
    GreedyRates - 100% annual fee rebate
    GCR - 50% annual fee rebate
    Basic TD offer - $120/yr annual fee
GreedyRates - 100% annual fee rebate
GCR - 50% annual fee rebate
Basic TD offer - $120/yr annual fee
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 10, 13, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Hello,

Does anyone know when TD will be announcing their offers for Aeroplan credit cards? They should be up and running on January 1, so shouldn't they be ramping up publicity soon?
Old Nov 10, 13, 9:15 am

January 1. The existing agreement between Aimia and CIBC prohibits them from marketing/offering prior to that.
Old Nov 10, 13, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyCsG View Post
January 1. The existing agreement between Aimia and CIBC prohibits them from marketing/offering prior to that.
I cannot see how an agreement between Aerocrap and *CIBC* would prohibit anything to TD?

(OK, must be the deal with TD, not CIBC... )
Old Nov 10, 13, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I cannot see how an agreement between Aerocrap and *CIBC* would prohibit anything to TD?

(OK, must be the deal with TD, not CIBC... )
Because Aimia and CIBC entered into an exclusivity agreement that ends December 31.

EDIT: Came back to say, I guess technically the clause will be in the deal between Aimia and TD.

Last edited by flyCsG; Nov 10, 13 at 10:25 am
Old Nov 10, 13, 1:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Any prediction about how good are the coming TD offers?
Old Nov 11, 13, 3:45 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cana2013 View Post
Any prediction about how good are the coming TD offers?
I'll predict that they'll be good to start.
Old Nov 11, 13, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
I'll predict that they'll be good to start.
I disagree. I don't see anything more than 15k with first-year free. The whole point is that they bought existing cardholders and captive customers. Where is the incentive to give out large sign-up bonuses for TD? I can see CIBC and Amex upping their offers, but TD's already bought you, it doesn't need to woo you.
Old Nov 11, 13, 4:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
TD credit card announcement timeline?

TD only offered 10000 points when they had AA, and the fee was never waived as far as I remembered so I wouldn't expect too much..
Old Nov 11, 13, 8:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
CIBC already has TD's money that would have been spent on bonus offers. Too bad, so sad, but the banks are looking out for #1

And it isn't us.
Old Nov 11, 13, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk View Post
CIBC already has TD's money that would have been spent on bonus offers. Too bad, so sad, but the banks are looking out for #1

And it isn't us.
#1 are the shareholders! Plain and simple!
Old Nov 12, 13, 2:18 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
I think TD will come out hard and fast in promoting their new Aeroplan offering(s). While they definitely paid to acquire an existing customer base, I'm expecting TD to heavily promote and incentivize to new cardholders product(s) that differentiates from the same old offering that was had with CIBC.
Old Nov 12, 13, 3:38 am

Definitely something with first year fee waived. Given the cc market is much more competitive with public amex 20k-25k offers with first year waived, scotiabank with 15k and waived first year too, and cibc with 30k non-waived and 15k earlier waived, I'd say TD definitely would be a minimum of 15k + waived, up to 25k if not more
RBC offered 50k for the ba infinite when it first lanched so i wouldn't see why td wouldn't do something similar!
maybe 15-20k for a non infinite product and 40k with hefty spend on visa infinite?
Old Nov 12, 13, 8:53 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
I wonder how many cardholders will suddenly become TD cardholders without their consent, and will cancel? January should be an interesting time in their call centre.

I certainly plan to cancel. I may not necessarily mention that I'll sign up again as soon as there's a good bonus.
Old Nov 12, 13, 10:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, UA ,WJ, HA
I plan to cancel my CIBC Aerogold in December. I have ordered the B of M World Elite MasterCard (with no fee 1st yr and 30,000 signup points & 4 free Priority Club passes) to bridge the gap for merchants that do not take AMEX until I see what TD is offering. (My main card is Aeroplat AMEX). Should be interesting to see if TD just offers the run of the mill 20,000 points or whether they really offer something special. As I do almost all of my regular banking with TD, I'm hoping they may offer a reduced fee or some other perk for their most valued banking customers. ^
Old Nov 12, 13, 11:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by muskoka View Post
I plan to cancel my CIBC Aerogold in December. I have ordered the B of M World Elite MasterCard (with no fee 1st yr and 30,000 signup points & 4 free Priority Club passes) to bridge the gap for merchants that do not take AMEX until I see what TD is offering. (My main card is Aeroplat AMEX). Should be interesting to see if TD just offers the run of the mill 20,000 points or whether they really offer something special. As I do almost all of my regular banking with TD, I'm hoping they may offer a reduced fee or some other perk for their most valued banking customers. ^
Can the B or M points be transferred to aeroplan? If not, are they enough to redeem for something decent or do you have to commit to spending on the card to get some value out of it?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: