Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by ffsim
I'm sure I'll fall into this trap, too, because:

I confirmed with TD that I'll have 15 + 10 but no FYF. They told me to call them after receiving the 3rd statement and I may be asked to provide a screenshot showing the FYF promise (which thankfully I kept).
It looks like I just got screwed by them. Applied in December and they charged the annual fee, and never got the rebate and waited patiently for 3 statements. So I called in today and they said I need some promo code or evidence that I was supposed to get it back and bring that to a branch, which certainly was not required when I applied. I had no idea I needed some screenshot or whatever this is just plain theft IMO.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Merlin666
It looks like I just got screwed by them. Applied in December and they charged the annual fee, and never got the rebate and waited patiently for 3 statements. So I called in today and they said I need some promo code or evidence that I was supposed to get it back and bring that to a branch, which certainly was not required when I applied. I had no idea I needed some screenshot or whatever this is just plain theft IMO.
Escalate it. Explain that you think it's unreasonable to expect applicants to take screenshots of the process simply because TD is unwilling or unable to honour their commitments. Which, if we're honest, is the truth.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
Escalate it. Explain that you think it's unreasonable to expect applicants to take screenshots of the process simply because TD is unwilling or unable to honour their commitments. Which, if we're honest, is the truth.
How do I escalate?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
How do I escalate?
Call the number on the back of the card, ask why you didn't get what you were promised, and if they can't give you a satisfactory answer (i.e. fix it for you), then ask to speak with their supervisor.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
But if you apply through Greedy Rates, you don't have the $1,000 minimum spend, you only have to use the card once and keep your account in good standing order for 90 days to receive the welcome bonus. It depends on how you want to use the card I guess.
The wiki at the top of this page says that the GCR offer is also a promotion that does not require $1,000 minimum spending, similar to the Greedy Rates. And when I go to the GCR page it also does not mention $1,000 as a requirement, or am I not seeing it hidden there somewhere??
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: *void
Where did you apply for the card from?
GreedyRates? GCR? RFD? - these would have had a source code as part of the application link.

Or was it from a direct email that came from TD? Or did you apply with the 'bad' link that was displayed here in this thread during Nov/Dec (and earlier?). They would not have the source code for the FYF, sorry to say.

I may have screenshots from Dec, for GreedyRates with the FYF notes.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by WKnight
The wiki at the top of this page says that the GCR offer is also a promotion that does not require $1,000 minimum spending, similar to the Greedy Rates. And when I go to the GCR page it also does not mention $1,000 as a requirement, or am I not seeing it hidden there somewhere??
You don't need to spend $1K for the GCR nor GreedyRates promos. The promos are identical between the two, except that GCR has only 50% fee rebate, while GreedyRates is 100% rebated.

So, if you have the TD All-Inclusive account, the $60 remainder of the annual fee through GCR's offer will be waived, so it's better to apply through GCR to get the $50 cash back as well.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Where did you apply for the card from?
GreedyRates? GCR? RFD? - these would have had a source code as part of the application link.
I applied with this link that I found in this thread:

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...urceCode=Sb6l9

When I emailed them this link the rebate was applied immediately and I received an email back with an apology that it took so long. I guess I was talking to an incompetent tele service rep (and yeah the ex-wife worked in a TD call center too until she went on stress leave and the got a sweet permanent disability deal).
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:32 pm

I applied with this link that I found in this thread:

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...urceCode=Sb6l9

When I emailed them this link the rebate was applied immediately and I received an email back with an apology that it took so long. I guess I was talking to an incompetent tele service rep (and yeah the ex-wife worked in a TD call center too until she went on stress leave and the got a sweet permanent disability deal).
The reason I asked is because if you had applied in Dec (as you mentioned previously) using a link from this FlyerTalk thread, there was an erroneous link that was listed in the Wiki for several weeks/months. I corrected it with that link you listed, which is for the GreedyRate promo, the 'best' one at the time, and also currently. Hopefully, we won't have any more dead-end links listed in the Wiki going forward.

So, with your application, for whatever reason you can imagine (wrong link with NO source code, right link but system failure to lose the source code off the application) it was great that you got a TD rep who took the "Sb6l9" GreedyRates source code and added for you without question. Not all reps are so nice, as evidenced by other people's reports (and the inexperience of the first rep you spoke with). Congrats and you should get your additional 10K soon. ^

JJJ
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
Does anyone know when the six month timer starts before you're eligible to receive the sign up bonus again? Is it six months after approval, after activation, or after you cancel the card?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tifosi
Does anyone know when the six month timer starts before you're eligible to receive the sign up bonus again? Is it six months after approval, after activation, or after you cancel the card?
According to the terms it's 6 months from your last application/approval. However, it's been well-reported that it's possible to get the welcome bonus on shorter gap times. Just like with Amex bonuses, hopefully you won't get the terms waved in your face if points don't post automatically and you need their help to reel them in.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC 35k
TD Cards and Baggage

I have the TD Infinite card (mid-range, $120 annual fee card). Typically I have seen the correct AC*CC status on the boarding passing with zone 2 when travelling on rewards - but in the past I've never checked baggage. We're supposed to get one bag free but all Aeroplan and AC receipting claims a charge. Is this just a glitch and OLCI will let it through?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:36 pm

Yeah I've travelled with that card, and no status otherwise on a few AP tickets. Seems every time, they have to go in and manually override the bag fees. Sometimes they have to do this multiple times if you have a bag short-checked due to an overnight connection or a stopover.

Yet another weakness in the AC's IT. Or worse, just some sort of deliberate revenue grab from people who are too busy to read the fine print, or want a quick minimal-human interaction experience through the kiosks.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:20 pm

wrong post.

Last edited by Chris101; Jul 14, 2017 at 11:43 pm
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:54 pm

TD AP Visa Infinite + AP flight reward

https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-ba...infinite-card/

Looking at redeeming a domestic round trip ticket using AP. Do I have to pay the taxes/surcharges with an TD AP Visa Inifinite if I want the benefits (1st checked bag free, etc)?

Cant' seem to find that answer in the link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.