Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: A3, AC
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Ya I read those lounges were landside and hope that there is another PP lounge after security. Does anyone know. I'm flying PY not J, so need to rely on priority pass or Amex for NRT lounge after security.
Looks like the KE lounge takes PP. It’s also on the other side of the terminal from where AC parks it’s planes.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Apologies if this has been answered upthread...

Is it normal to earn no bonus miles on spend on AC tickets for someone other than the card holder directly on aircanada.com?

I so rarely use this card, but I happened to use it to pay for a flight fr a family member on aircanada.com recently, and my statement and AE account show no bonus points at all, just 1 point per dollar.

I couldn't find anything in the fine print saying I wouldn't earn 1.5 points per dollar. Any insight?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by D404
Apologies if this has been answered upthread...

Is it normal to earn no bonus miles on spend on AC tickets for someone other than the card holder directly on aircanada.com?

I so rarely use this card, but I happened to use it to pay for a flight fr a family member on aircanada.com recently, and my statement and AE account show no bonus points at all, just 1 point per dollar.

I couldn't find anything in the fine print saying I wouldn't earn 1.5 points per dollar. Any insight?
I had a similar issue but the ticket was in my name. I called to discuss a few times but then I just gave up since it was a small # of miles and life was too busy. I was given reasons (excuses) such as you don't get any bonus points in months that have had a return, Aeroplan has to tell us to provide bonus miles so call Aeroplan and ask them to credit the bonus miles to your account, I don't see a promotion on your account that would allow for 1.5 miles since it is not a benefit of the card, and it will show up next month since bonus points don't post in the same month as the purchase.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by tfoxx76
I had a similar issue but the ticket was in my name. I called to discuss a few times but then I just gave up since it was a small # of miles and life was too busy. I was given reasons (excuses) such as you don't get any bonus points in months that have had a return, Aeroplan has to tell us to provide bonus miles so call Aeroplan and ask them to credit the bonus miles to your account, I don't see a promotion on your account that would allow for 1.5 miles since it is not a benefit of the card, and it will show up next month since bonus points don't post in the same month as the purchase.
It's a measly 60 miles I'd stan to gain, so doesn't sounds like it's at all worth my time to chase it up.

Wonder if it's related to me happening to have some credit on my account, which I normally don't, this month - sounds similar to the refund excuse you got from them.

Oh well.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by D404
It's a measly 60 miles I'd stan to gain, so doesn't sounds like it's at all worth my time to chase it up.

Wonder if it's related to me happening to have some credit on my account, which I normally don't, this month - sounds similar to the refund excuse you got from them.

Oh well.
Just got off the phone with TD. Upthread I'd posted a similar experience -- multiple AC flight bookings on my TD card for which no bonus miles were awarded. I called in back in the spring and got similar excuses, couldn't make any headway, and gave up because it was a relatively small number of miles.

This past statement I'd charged some expensive flights to the card and when (surprise) no bonus miles showed up on the statement, I phoned in again. This time, after explaining the situation, the CSR started to tell me I'd probably have to talk to Aeroplan, but I explained that Aeroplan only applies the miles that TD tells them to apply, and if TD was shorting me miles on my Visa statement, that's nothing to do with Aeroplan. The TD reps can pull your statement up and see for themselves that the calculation is being done incorrectly on their end.

She asked me how many miles I was missing (about 1500), then agreed to give them to me as a "one-time courtesy". I said that's great, but this has been going on for a number of months and I've seen others reporting the same problem, isn't there anything you can do to escalate it? At that point she admitted I wasn't the first person she'd had call in and complain, and she'd send it up the chain of command again -- for what that's worth.

So, I'd encourage anyone else who's experienced this to call TD and be prepared for the "talk to Aeroplan" diversionary technique. Clearly it's not something they consider a priority to fix, but the more cardholders that make an issue out of it, the better.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Ya I read those lounges were landside and hope that there is another PP lounge after security. Does anyone know. I'm flying PY not J, so need to rely on priority pass or Amex for NRT lounge after security.

Good to know, pretty minimal reward for this card tho
Dont wanna be rude, but those PP at NRT is not worth getting into. The KE lounge has notices about theft inside and only provides instant snacks/noodles etc.... NH is much better IMO
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by allizdog
She asked me how many miles I was missing (about 1500), then agreed to give them to me as a "one-time courtesy". I said that's great, but this has been going on for a number of months and I've seen others reporting the same problem, isn't there anything you can do to escalate it? At that point she admitted I wasn't the first person she'd had call in and complain, and she'd send it up the chain of command again -- for what that's worth.

So, I'd encourage anyone else who's experienced this to call TD and be prepared for the "talk to Aeroplan" diversionary technique. Clearly it's not something they consider a priority to fix, but the more cardholders that make an issue out of it, the better.
I wonder if it's time to get out my conspiracy theory tinfoil speculation hat, given the whole 2020 thing coming up.

Either way, they are knowingly not providing a listed benefit on a a 'premium' card that people pay money for, and that is definitely Not OK.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by global happy traveller
Dont wanna be rude, but those PP at NRT is not worth getting into. The KE lounge has notices about theft inside and only provides instant snacks/noodles etc.... NH is much better IMO
That's not rude, its the truth..
Ended up getting bid upgrade accepted to J so hung out in ANA lounge, man it was packed. I guess its the only lounge for star alliance gate side.

To bring this back to TD aeroplan infinite privilege card- I would say again I was not happy with concierge, and think going back to amex will be best. I just don't like paying high cc fees for two cards, as its not uncommon to be refused payment with amex. So Amex and a cheap visa may be best. For most places where high cost transactions are taking place, amex usually is accepted.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
The ae infinite visa does get you one MLL visit once a year, for ae reward ticket.
Was wondering about this. Do you get one access per year, as long as you are traveling on an AP reward ticket (booked by yourself or others)?

Or does the AP reward have to be booked from your account?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Was wondering about this. Do you get one access per year, as long as you are traveling on an AP reward ticket (booked by yourself or others)?

Or does the AP reward have to be booked from your account?
For the non-Privilege version:

Once per calendar year.

May be used only when the primary cardholder is flying on an Air Canada, AC Express, ACr, or Jazz operated flight on an Aeroplan ticket redeemed from the primary cardholder's Aeroplan account. Other *A flights excluded.

The Privilege version comes with 4 MLL passes, same rules but primary cardholder may use the allowance to bring in guests. Primary cardholder also gets 6 Priority Pass lounge passes.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I'v looked through the wiki and the GreedyRates page but it looks like the TD Infinite cards aren't able to be applied for at present. TD doesn't seem to want to waive the fee (online anyway), does that mean there isn't any way to get the $120 waived at present?

It's depressing to see it's only 15k points at the moment as well. Do the point offers fluctuate along with the ability to get first fee waived?

thanks
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jc94
I
It's depressing to see it's only 15k points at the moment as well. Do the point offers fluctuate along with the ability to get first fee waived?
thanks
It has been depressingly low for more than a year, so I guess this is new norm. On odd occasion, there is FYF offer, but I have not seen 25K sign up in a loooong time. Not that TD is not offering increased sign-ups, they are, only for TD points.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
https://www.td.com/us/en/personal-ba...n-credit-card/

There's also the US-issued TD AeroplanTM Visa SignatureŽ Credit Card, offering 25,000 Aeroplan miles on sign-up with US $1,000 spend.
Must be a US resident with a US address.
Annual fee waived the first year.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Lazarev
It has been depressingly low for more than a year, so I guess this is new norm. On odd occasion, there is FYF offer, but I have not seen 25K sign up in a loooong time. Not that TD is not offering increased sign-ups, they are, only for TD points.
Originally Posted by jerry305
https://www.td.com/us/en/personal-ba...n-credit-card/

There's also the US-issued TD AeroplanTM Visa SignatureŽ Credit Card, offering 25,000 Aeroplan miles on sign-up with US $1,000 spend.
Must be a US resident with a US address.
Annual fee waived the first year.
Darn, as normal the US get the better credit card deals

As per 24left's post here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30190505-post1198.html "We recognize the uncertainty around the Aeroplan business has affected customer satisfaction with their TD Aeroplan cards,” Toronto-Dominion spokeswoman Julie Bellissimo said in an email"

You would think, they'd be trying to convince people to sign up.
Bohemian1 likes this.

Last edited by jc94; Sep 11, 2018 at 1:24 pm Reason: bad quote?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:21 pm

So I'll say up front I am not 100% if this belongs here, needs it's own AP thread, or should be elsewhere but any suggestions for travel insurance when your credit card says "we don't cover aeroplan"? That's the RBC Infinite to name and shame.

Clearly, I don't want my points being covered. If I had to cancel I'd pay my dues and get them back. But I have a 22 day trip during winter, which includes a domestic connection coming off an international flight into YYZ. In winter. So I'm giving myself 50/50 odds on having to hotel and/or Via it, which is what I'd normally use my credit card for but they don't want to know. Despite me paying the taxes on the card.

I've so far had "we don't cover that" from one company, and $95 from another company (seems high) - and that's without medical because I'm not paying for what I get through work.

Clearly, even if I were to get that $120 TD card it's not going to help now as I paid my $300 taxes on my existing card so I doubt they'd want to know either ... And I'm still debating whether that card is worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.