Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:20 am

I applied for TD AP VI back in August 2022. I am projecting to spend over the $7,500 mark in a week or so. For the last 20,00 AP pts for spending more than $7,500 over the first 12 month. Should I be anticipating the points to land in my account within one statement? or until Year 2 of the card?

I am hearing ppl are not getting it until Year 2...
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by 1262512
I applied for TD AP VI back in August 2022. I am projecting to spend over the $7,500 mark in a week or so. For the last 20,00 AP pts for spending more than $7,500 over the first 12 month. Should I be anticipating the points to land in my account within one statement? or until Year 2 of the card?

That depends on what the T&Cs said when you signed up. TD changes the terms every few months. You can try looking on PoT or other travel bloggers to see if they have a copy of the T&Cs if you didn't save one yourself.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by 1262512

For applications in July 2022, quoted "To receive the 20,000 AP points Anniversary bonus, your Account must have been opened and active for 12 months and you must make $7,500 in net Purchases on your Account, ..."
jerry305 and kalderlake like this.

Last edited by andye; Feb 8, 2023 at 11:55 am Reason: typo corrections
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by andye
For applications in July 2022, quoted "To receive the 20,000 AP points Anniversary bonus, your Account must have been opened and active for 12 months and you must make $7,5000 in net Purchases on your Account, ..."
boooo, that's not the news I want to hear. But thank you none the less!
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:40 pm

I am wondering if others have encountered this problem. I have a solid credit score but I keep getting declined for the TD Aeroplan VI card. I have the CIBC AP and Amex cards so I have no idea why I keep getting declined.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Iceequeen
I am wondering if others have encountered this problem. I have a solid credit score but I keep getting declined for the TD Aeroplan VI card. I have the CIBC AP and Amex cards so I have no idea why I keep getting declined.
TD is notorious for declining applications without reason. A call or branch visit is needed.
datachick likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC35K, WS Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriot Gold
I was denied for a TD First Class Travel card despite having no issues in the past. I called in and was approved within 10 minutes so I would give it a try.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Iceequeen
Did you try to apply while loged in to your existing TD account?

I can never get approved when I provide my TD log in info. I would just apply as a new coustomer, get approved. When you go into the branch to get the new card, ask them to merge the two accounts. It was a very easy process for me.
datachick likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: hahaha
complex insurance claim filed on Jan 22, got back to me today saying all expenses were approved, but without telling me how I'd get my money (EDIT: ah I probably specified how I'd like my money at one point during the claims process. we'll see, maybe an interac e-transfer request will come my way)

it was complex because i wanted to test the limits of the ambiguous wording used for "reasonable expenses", stuff like:
-SkyTrain tickets lol
-full-fare economy on a different carrier plus proof it was flown
-a grocery run since I'd get home super late, with itemized receipt including some toiletries. puppy pads included for those at the 2021 YEG DO
-a C$40 lunch and two dinners purchased on the same calendar day

was upfront with everything and why i considered them reasonable expenses and they agreed, so i'm glad it "only" took a month

the Global Excel form didn't have much room for commentary but that's nothing paint.exe can't fix when annotating the receipts for the adjuster's consideration

Last edited by asovse1; Feb 16, 2023 at 9:27 am
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My claim from July was over $800 CAD, and I did not justify anything. I think it was 2 Ubers, a $500 hotel room (I think I physically walked to three in Vancouver before finding one that would even sell me a room), and maybe $200 of food and drinks (nothing else to do when stranded somewhere, right?).

I've never had any pushback over the reasonableness of expenses for these claims with any insurance provider, but my claims are always transportation+lodging+meals.

I don't think I'd go spend money I wouldn't be willing to pay out of pocket, but even the worst insurance I've dealt with (TD) has never pushed back beyond "please upload your hotel folio" (which I'm pretty sure I did in the initial submission, but whatever) or "please provide the reason of delay from the airline (which I also think I did in the initial submission).
Old Feb 16, 2023, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
My claim from July was over $800 CAD, and I did not justify anything. I think it was 2 Ubers, a $500 hotel room (I think I physically walked to three in Vancouver before finding one that would even sell me a room), and maybe $200 of food and drinks (nothing else to do when stranded somewhere, right?).

I've never had any pushback over the reasonableness of expenses for these claims with any insurance provider, but my claims are always transportation+lodging+meals.

I don't think I'd go spend money I wouldn't be willing to pay out of pocket, but even the worst insurance I've dealt with (TD) has never pushed back beyond "please upload your hotel folio" (which I'm pretty sure I did in the initial submission, but whatever) or "please provide the reason of delay from the airline (which I also think I did in the initial submission).
Does that mean they finally paid that claim?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Does that mean they finally paid that claim?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34939147-post4564.html
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: no status
I see this is still available with annual fee waived. I have one and am about to cancel and look for another card, but wonder if there is a chance to churn and get welcome package and waived fee again?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Merlin666
I see this is still available with annual fee waived. I have one and am about to cancel and look for another card, but wonder if there is a chance to churn and get welcome package and waived fee again?
Hey Merlin,

Not sure if you've considered a product switch instead of cancelling the card. First class travel infinite is my recommendation. You'll be eligible for Aeroplan rewards after 12 months of not holding the card but I'd be cautious with churning it too aggressively as many people have gotten their accounts flagged.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:11 am

I'm still waiting for the bonus points for using the TD VI card on estore purchases during their black friday promo event. Has anyone gotten their bonus points yet? Who should I reach out to inquire about it, TD credit card or Aeroplan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.