Mini RTW Questions

Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:51 pm
  #1546  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Posts: 23,371
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Interesting. On my phone so can't check, but I wonder if YUL-ZRH-NRT-SIN-SYD would qualify, too.
Anything via SIN seems to be fair game
rankourabu is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:21 pm
  #1547  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the air
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,926
Originally Posted by tng11
On another note:

Are co-terminals in foreign destinations not allowed?

Yesterday, I tried unsuccessfully to get them to let me change my ticket to arrive in DME and leave from VKO. I tried with 3 agents - all said the system wouldn't let them, considering I already have an open jaw. Today I called in again to pretend that a previous agent had forgotten the change in a mess as I changed 6 flights yesterday (yesterday's changes haven't been ticketed) and I got the same response again.

Today I heard a super-creative excuse - co-terminals in foreign destinations are not allowed? I'd find it absurd if they wouldn't allow HND/NRT on the same ticket.
Sorry, I call complete bs. My father just flew into VKO and out of DME
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
  #1548  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: YYZ
Posts: 1,669
Mini RTW Questions

Ugh, I thought so.

Can't believe I got dinged by 4 agents and a supervisor after spending more than 2 hours on the phone. I gave up fighting since the only thing I was trying to do was leave Moscow 2 hours later, since currently I'm leaving at the inhumane time of 7:05 am
tng11 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:39 pm
  #1549  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the air
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,926
Originally Posted by tng11
Ugh, I thought so.

Can't believe I got dinged by 4 agents and a supervisor after spending more than 2 hours on the phone. I gave up fighting since the only thing I was trying to do was leave Moscow 2 hours later, since currently I'm leaving at the inhumane time of 7:05 am
You should call again and complain. DME is basically unreachable by public transport in the early morning, so 7am is bad.
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:50 pm
  #1550  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: YEG
Posts: 3,717
Originally Posted by tng11
Maybe I should have qualified the above post as referring to over the Pacific. Going over Europe, routing through NRT and SIN to get to SYD should be fine as it's under MPM.
I would like to Stop in Europe and Preferably NRT with the destination being Melbourne.

Another idea that I am not opposed to would be something like

YOW-YUL-ZRH(S)-SIN-MEL(D)-AKL-HNL-YVR-YOW

Would a stop in AKL or HNL work? This routing MUST be under MPM....
hearna is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 5:57 pm
  #1551  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by hearna
I would like to Stop in Europe and Preferably NRT with the destination being Melbourne.

Another idea that I am not opposed to would be something like

YOW-YUL-ZRH(S)-SIN-MEL(D)-AKL-HNL-YVR-YOW

Would a stop in AKL or HNL work? This routing MUST be under MPM....
Yes, but there is absolutely zero Air NZ availability atm for AKL-HNL. They blanked it all out labor day weekend and it has not returned. It is also hard to get SQ awards into SIN. I was thinking of doing YOW->EWR->FRA->BKK->SYD (stop) (open jaw) AKL->HNL (stop)->YOW but cant now due to the lack of reward availability.
donnyk is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:10 pm
  #1552  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: YVR
Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,821
Co-terminals in foreign destinations are definitely allowed. I think I remember hearing people booking DME-VKO pairs, but couldn't swear by it.
krayZpaving is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:13 pm
  #1553  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the air
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,926
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Co-terminals in foreign destinations are definitely allowed. I think I remember hearing people booking DME-VKO pairs, but couldn't swear by it.
Me me. Done it, also KIX and ITM. Certainly no issue.
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:28 pm
  #1554  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: YEG
Posts: 3,717
Ok, so if there is no ANZ towards North America (Including Hawaii);

If I cannot involve AKL or NRT; is my only other recourse 2x via Atlantic?

YOW-YUL-ZRH(S)-SIN-MEL(S)-SIN-NRT(S)-Europe-NA?

Or does this become illegal because of the 2x SIN?

If so what are my options for LOW or NO YQ back?


As a side note; AFAIK UA does not fly too New Zealand?
They seem to just fly from SYD-SFO/LAX (with an extension flight tagged on to MEL?)

Its great that *A members make access to awards so damn difficult!
hearna is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:40 pm
  #1555  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by hearna
Ok, so if there is no ANZ towards North America (Including Hawaii);

If I cannot involve AKL or NRT; is my only other recourse 2x via Atlantic?

YOW-YUL-ZRH(S)-SIN-MEL(S)-SIN-NRT(S)-Europe-NA?

Or does this become illegal because of the 2x SIN?

If so what are my options for LOW or NO YQ back?


As a side note; AFAIK UA does not fly too New Zealand?
They seem to just fly from SYD-SFO/LAX (with an extension flight tagged on to MEL?)

Its great that *A members make access to awards so damn difficult!
Air NZ continues to make *A rewards more and more difficult.
donnyk is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:16 pm
  #1556  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Toronto, ON
Programs: AC 75K
Posts: 6,369
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Sorry, I call complete bs. My father just flew into VKO and out of DME
Sure - but was that done as a co-terminal or as an open jaw? If your father was within the stopover/open jaw rules they may have just treated this as an OJ.
ChrisA330 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:29 pm
  #1557  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: YVR
Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Posts: 1,821
Originally Posted by hearna
YOW-YUL-ZRH(S)-SIN-MEL(S)-SIN-NRT(S)-Europe-NA?

Or does this become illegal because of the 2x SIN?
2x SIN is fine because they're on different legs (one outbound, one inbound). Not sure about how the rest of the trip would sit in the rulebook.
krayZpaving is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:29 pm
  #1558  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: YYZ
Posts: 1,669
Tried calling in again to complain - again no dice. I was told by the supervisor that VKO and DME are ABSOLUTELY NOT co-terminals and that I have no recourse to complain because that's the way it is
tng11 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:30 pm
  #1559  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 309
Quick question, lets say I book two award tix on a flight, one in economy and one in biz as part of a larger biz class mini-rtw. I'm fairly confident that a second biz class seat will open up because I've been watching award space patterns for the last weeks. Can I change the economy spot to biz without paying the $90? I know the scamcharges will go up for sure, but will I have to pay the change fee?
BMGfan is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:35 pm
  #1560  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: YYZ
Posts: 1,669
Originally Posted by donnyk
Air NZ continues to make *A rewards more and more difficult.
SQ actually has decent availability AKL-SIN.

NZ also has good availability AKL-NRT and AKL-PVG. Forget about availability to North America.

AKL seems to be a whole different game than SYD. For instance, I've punched YYZ-DME-SYD on the online engine and it gives me a valid result, but if I try routing to AKL via Europe, I'm told it can't be booked on one reward.
tng11 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.