Mini RTW Questions

Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by sp4294
Is it a UA saver award ?
It was pretty much the only day I could find with saver award on Expertflyer at all (double checked on UA website). It just did not show on AC or ANA
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:22 pm
g0h

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by donnyk
Quite disappointing, i was going to do a mini RTW but I need that flight to open up or my plan cannot work I was thinking of YOW->FRA->BKK->SYD->open jaw->AKL->HNL->stop->YOW.
It's a pain, isn't it? I'm trying to book HNL-BNE and the lack of NZ availability makes that tricky.

The Aeroplan site allows HNL-(TYO/ICN)-(SIN/BKK)-MEL, but nothing to BNE or SYD. I don't know why. The MPM5 for HNL-MEL is 6972, and HNL-AKL-MEL is pretty much the only thing that fits. I can't find any published routes that would explain why the long way is fine for MEL but not BNE.

Does anyone know if HNL-ICN-SYD would be valid? I'll probably have to call and hope for a good agent.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:58 pm

Hi All, just trying to put the final touches on a mini-rtw that will see me spend the bulk of my time in Thailand...

I'm struggling to find BKK --> something in europe for 1 - 2 nights, and then home (YYZ) on the 15th or 16th of november (trying to stay all J, or at least J for anything over 2 hrs) The key is, I can't incur too much in scam charges...any ideas? I've tried just about everything I can think of (though I'm new, so likely missing a lot of potential places)!

Or, even BKK --> something in Asia for a night or two then home (same dates).
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by tylerc
Hi All, just trying to put the final touches on a mini-rtw that will see me spend the bulk of my time in Thailand...

I'm struggling to find BKK --> something in europe for 1 - 2 nights, and then home (YYZ) on the 15th or 16th of november (trying to stay all J, or at least J for anything over 2 hrs) The key is, I can't incur too much in scam charges...any ideas? I've tried just about everything I can think of (though I'm new, so likely missing a lot of potential places)!

lots of options on CA via PEK - ARN/MUC/FRA/LHR/FCO/MAD - no scamcharges. Flat beds on 777s and A330s

There are seats on CAI-YYZ on the 16th, but I dont know if that would help.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
lots of options on CA via PEK - ARN/MUC/FRA/LHR/FCO/MAD - no scamcharges. Flat beds on 777s and A330s

There are seats on CAI-YYZ on the 16th, but I dont know if that would help.
So those get me to Europe, is CAI - YYZ the only way home you see on those dates?

no booze = no point!!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So those get me to Europe, is CAI - YYZ the only way home you see on those dates?

no booze = no point!!
I saw DUS-ORD/EWR-YYZ - but that would of course be scamchargeable.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat

Try BKK to AMS or LHR on BR? They also go to VIE, but it's not proper lie-flat.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Try BKK to AMS or LHR on BR? They also go to VIE, but it's not proper lie-flat.
I can do BKK to AMS, the problem is getting home from AMS on the 15th or 16th. Unless there is somewhere to route through that I am missing...
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Options from AMS to check on would be LHR (obviously!), FRA, MUC, CPH, WAW (787!), IST (might put you over MPM), NYC/ORD/IAD (on United).
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: IHG Gold

no booze = no point!!
^^
Ha ha. A flight like that would be intolerable
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mapleg
^^
Ha ha. A flight like that would be intolerable
You can BYOB
And flat beds all the way.

Much more tolerable than for example CAI-FRA-YYZ would be

But anyway, there was a DUS-ORD-YYZ connection OP should look into.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:35 pm

What am I missing here?

I looked at some pairs like:

FRA-BBK
CPG_SIN
ZRH-SIN

and find lots of flights to Asia but very very limited from Asia to Europe/any comments?
(none for some months next year)

I am almost giving up getting Asia, Europe from YYC. That is for the next year and I am flexible on dates times and directions. All I want is flat beds. One more thing from the season travelers? Which month is better for Singapore and Bangkok: April or June? that is what I am shooting for. Thanks for any suggestions. MS and TK are flat beds to Asia and NA?

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Oct 3, 2013 at 11:08 am
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Options from AMS to check on would be LHR (obviously!), FRA, MUC, CPH, WAW (787!), IST (might put you over MPM), NYC/ORD/IAD (on United).
I could do BKK - LHR on the 14th, then LHR-ORD-YYZ on the 16th...the BKK - LHR segment is on Eva, but looks like the old 777 cabin
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Newbie at this, and pretty excited but I'm having trouble at figuring this stuff out so hopefully someone can help...

We're looking for 2 J awards with main stops in SFO, HKG, ZRH. Start and end point is YYZ.

Is there anyway that this is possible? From what I can see from calculating the mileages, it doesn't seem to be... unless we go farther like SIN and backtrack?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:29 am

I am trying to book a mini RTW as follows:

YVR/SEA - AC8089
SEA/NRT - NH1077 (stop)
NRT/BKK - NH915 (turnaround)
BKK/LHR - BR67 (stop)
LHR/ORD - UA929
ORD/YVR - UA325

Except for YVR/SEA, all the other segments are on J. I have checked the availability on both Aeroplan and ANA websites for mid-January 2014 departure and mid-March 2014 return. However, I am not sure about the MPM. Will I be under the MPM for both tran-Pacific and tran-Atlantic segments?

I want to get everything right before I call Aeroplan. Thank you very much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.